Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2019, 22:10   #241
Senior - BHPian

Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed convert...

Thanks for the update. We have all been waiting for this. Skoda seems to be on the backfoot here.

I would settle this case and sign the non disclosure agreement for

A SPANKING HOT OCTAVIA RS IN RED.

Hint:RS245 may just arrive in time.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 5th January 2019 at 22:17.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 22:32   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Thanks for the update. We have all been waiting for this. Skoda seems to be on the backfoot here.

I would settle this case and sign the non disclosure agreement for

A SPANKING HOT OCTAVIA RS IN RED.

Hint:RS245 may just arrive in time.
Beware they may bleed you at service! You'd be black marked by the Co for some special treatment at service!!
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 09:52   #243
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Don't get me wrong but according to me it will be foolish to accept a settlement at this point of time, when you are nearing a court verdict in a 'few' months time. Had they given you this proposal initially, then it would have been fair to accept this proposal, but definitely not now.

They are paying only for what you have paid for. What about the hardships/ mental agony/ harassment that you have faced?

Think- Why are they offering you this proposal now? Because they are very well aware that they are on the verge of losing the case within the next few hearings. I don't know whether you are aware or not of how the court functions but once you win the case, you are eligible for the cost of the vehicle+ interest+ legal expense+ monetary compensation for mental agony caused to you.

In monetary terms also you stand to lose by accepting their proposal. When you have fought this far, why to back out now?

Infact you should push forward to get the licence of the 'stealership' terminated.

And in accepting their proposal you forgot one thing-
The feeling of winning a court case. Believe me....It will be bliss
auto_enthusiast is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 13:13   #244
Senior - BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
I might also be flying to Mumbai around the 15th of this month where I could possibly meet the Skoda management but however this trip isn't confirmed for now. I will get clarity on this by 9th of this month.
Just be sure to not commit anything to Skoda in this meeting.

Just like any other negotiation, hear them out, talk to them about what, for you, makes a fair compensation for all the troubles, and see what they have to offer.

Don't accept anything or commit or sign anything. Tell them to give you their offer in writing so you can think over it.

This will give you a firm idea of what they are willing to do, how much they will stretch, while still keeping your legal channels open.

Once you sign the NDA, I am afraid you won't be able to sue then foe this issue again.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th January 2019 at 08:13. Reason: Minor typo
Old 6th January 2019, 14:48   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
... They are paying only for what you have paid for. What about the hardships/ mental agony/ harassment that you have faced?
What do Indian courts award? a few thousand Rs? Probably not a major financial consideration.
Quote:
The feeling of winning a court case. Believe me....It will be bliss
I'm sure you are right. The joy of winning and being able to report it freely. But I also suspect, from following other stories, that, if they decide to, Skoda can still drag things out for quite a while.
Old 6th January 2019, 16:59   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What do Indian courts award? a few thousand Rs? Probably not a major financial consideration.

I'm sure you are right. The joy of winning and being able to report it freely. But I also suspect, from following other stories, that, if they decide to, Skoda can still drag things out for quite a while.
I think you didn't calculate the interest on the value of the car. The car was sold more than two years ago and the OP has been using the car under protest and not out of will, so apart from the principal amount he can claim interest from the day he made the payment till the day the case is awarded in his favour. The interest portion alone adds upto a few lacs, add to it the legal expense and other compensation and the total amount will be quite substantial.

Agreed that Skoda and it's dealer will try to drag the case but, according to me, the case is in it's final stages and that's the reason why Skoda has come forward to settle the case now. Whether be able to post freely or not but, the satisfaction one gets after winning such a tedious legal battle is pure bliss!!!

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 6th January 2019 at 17:01.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 22:48   #247
BANNED

BHPians, I have an update for you all !

I will be flying out to Mumbai on 16th of January 2019 in an early morning flight and as per the latest conversation with Skoda's management, a meeting has been scheduled at 5:00 PM in Skoda's office. So hoping to have a good discussion and close this chapter, All the above suggestions will definitely be considered and the best possible solution is what I would be looking for, I'm blessed to have such good support and strength from the entire family of TEAM BHP !

Hope I would be allowed to update you guys about the meeting unless something really magical happens during the meeting and this turns out to be my last post for this thread
SuhasManjunath is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 08:03   #248
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck with the negotiations. I presume that if you don't post back here, you received an amicable settlement which, I frankly feel, is a good outcome. I don't want to sit here and preach idealism to you and how a court battle is the only way to bring Skoda down to its knees and "teach them a lesson" etc.

Knowing how Indian courts work, nothing other than what brings peace to oneself is ideal.

Last edited by navin : 15th January 2019 at 12:00. Reason: typos
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 11:10   #249
BHPian

If you were to win the case they cannot force you an NDA, correct? I am sure a negative PR is worth much more than one car value to Skoda. I am tempted to advise you to bill them for your time and mental agony, Only you can determine the value you will be happy to settle with. Hope there is a fair compensation offered to you.
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 14:00   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

I would resent having to go to Mumbai! Why should you be the one to travel!

I'd resent it. But I guess is do it. How they are paying expenses!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 17:07   #251
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Best of luck with the negotiations. I presume that if you don't post back here, you received an amicable settlement which, I frankly feel, is a good outcome.
Thanks
Even if I sign an NDA, that is only if the solution is too lucrative, and even if I do sign then I hope Skoda will permit me to post "Closure Reply" formally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
If you were to win the case they cannot force you an NDA, correct? I am sure a negative PR is worth much more than one car value to Skoda. I am tempted to advise you to bill them for your time and mental agony, Only you can determine the value you will be happy to settle with. Hope there is a fair compensation offered to you.
Definitely, I guess my math isn't too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I would resent having to go to Mumbai! Why should you be the one to travel!

I'd resent it. But I guess is do it. How they are paying expenses!
As of now, this was one thing that I hadn't explored but with whatever has been planned and the recent conversations with Skoda going positive, I don't feel the pinch of travelling once and then having a peace of mind while driving my next car which would be owning a car out of wish and not out of protest.
SuhasManjunath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 22:28   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As of now, this was one thing that I hadn't explored but with whatever has been planned and the recent conversations with Skoda going positive, I don't feel the pinch of travelling once and then having a peace of mind while driving my next car which would be owning a car out of wish and not out of protest.
Nice attitude and good thinking. Hope everything goes well
Old 16th January 2019, 20:48   #253
Senior - BHPian

What happened Suhas? Did Skoda make you an offer which you couldn’t resist?

Even if you’re gagged, let us know if you’re happy with the outcome and if you’re still gonna opt for a Skoda as part of the settlement?
Lalvaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 14:40   #254
BANNED

Okay BHPians , Here is the update from what happened at Mumbai :

Firstly to begin with, I was not travelling alone but I had a fellow companion who also has been fighting against Vinayak Skoda for his due justice, To brief about his issue, He basically is an Architect by profession and practices end-to-end delivery of projects and was accorded with a contract to complete Vinayak Skoda's latest service facility near Mahadevapura, Bangalore. As per standards, his company has successfully executed the project and has handed it over about 8 Months ago, the facility is operational as of now but his company still needs to receive around Rs. 1 crore and upwards as final payment and Vinayak Skoda is apparently not ready to settle his bills.

So, we(me and the Architect) were in touch for quite sometime and we finally got appointments with Skoda management to have a discussion with them on 16th of January 2019 at 5:00 PM.

On 16th of January 2019 :
I met Mr. Vibhu Hajela who is the Head of Customer Experience Team and Mr. Amit Dhingra who is National Customer Care Head and had quite lengthy discussion where a lot of things came as surprise to Mr. Vibhu and Mr. Amit when we opened their eyes to the assorted unethical practices followed by their dealer in Bangalore where the Dealer is cheating customers, Government authorities such as RTA/RTO, IT, GST, etc.. also Skoda and few more vendors who have worked with Vinayak Skoda, they were at startled when they were made to understand the various deeds of their dealer.

While the discussion was continued, the respective Skoda employees told me that the present offer made to me (just the replacement of car) is the best they can push for, With a straight face I told them 'thanks for your support and I would insist on meeting Mr. Zac Hollis as he's at level higher and he could definitely offer a better solution' to me that's when another closed door was opened, and Mr. Vibhu and Amit ensured I couldn't meet Mr. Zac Hollis on the same day despite him being just a door/cabin away (he was sitting right opposite to where we had our discussion and I could literally see him in the next glass cabin) I was later made aware that Mr. Zac Hollis who is the Director for Sales & Marketing (who has replaced Ashutosh Dixit) is still not aware of my case, despite taking over such a responsible position about 75 days ago and this clearly shows that he's kept in dark and the employees don't update their boss in India.

Post the discussion, I had made it clear to them that just accepting a replacement car will not happen and they would have to meet my other requirements as well if they need a settlement to happen.

On the next morning, that is 17th of January 2019 : I again went back to their office and clearly told the front desk person to raise a request to meet Mr. Zac Hollis but I do not know what kind of request was raised, to my surprise Mr. Vibhu Hajela walks out to the lounge where I was seated and informs me that Mr. Zac Hollis is busy in preparation for their annual conference that was scheduled on 18th, 19th & 20th of January 2019 and Mr. Zac would not be able to meet me. Upon persisting that I just need 10 minutes of Zac's time and I'm ready to wait the entire day or catch him during the lunch break as well, he still bluntly made sure that also could not be arranged and asked me if Mr. Zac also gives you the same solution, will you travel to Czech Republic next ? I clearly said a Yes, "If your boss doesn't give the desired solution then I'm ready to travel to even Czech Republic and if needed even go upto Head of Volkswagen group too" after seeing my never give-up attitude and upon lot of insisting and not just walking away after hearing negative reply from Mr. Vibhu Hajela, he connected me to Zac's secretary to have a word, Ms. Rovina Fernandes later conveyed it to me that a possible/earliest appointment with Mr. Zac Hollis would be around February 1st week as per his schedule.

As per a mail dated 17th of January 2019, Mr. Vibhu Hajela has stated "As explained, we are currently in a preparation mode for our internal conference and as such Mr. Hollis is preoccupied with his prior commitments and engagements.

Needless to mention, he shall be appraised of the latest developments – including the offer made to you under consideration.

We shall reconnect after the 21st of Jan as discussed to take our discussions forward."

And today, 21st of January 2019, I have written to Ms. Rovina Fernandes asking her to give me a direct route of contact to Mr. Zac Hollis and also requested her to schedule a meeting with Mr. Zac Hollis at the earliest.
She promptly replied to me over an SMS saying she would revert back to me by tomorrow as she's not in office today when I'd dropped her an SMS to check for my e-mail and do the needful.

Also, from my above statement, "Dealer is cheating customers, Government authorities such as RTA/RTO, IT, GST, etc.. also Skoda and few more vendors" I have sufficient records to prove this and also this was written in detail to the top management of Skoda when I had initiated a mail-trail dated 28th of October 2018.
So, I would ask BHPians if they need more details of how this is taking place , then I would be happy to share the needful information which could benefit most car owners who have bought cars from Vinayak Skoda in Bangalore, where the possibility is they could reclaim a few thousands to lakhs of rupees.
But, I would only be able to share the detailed information over the weekend as I might have hectic week at work and if TEAM BHP permits the same.

Last edited by ajmat : 21st January 2019 at 15:24. Reason: minor typo
SuhasManjunath is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 14:57   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay BHPians , Here is the update from what happened at Mumbai :
First of all, thanks a ton for keeping us updated on this. I am personally eager to see the outcome of this. What I fail to understand is, why is Skoda dragging this for so long despite being a crystal clear case? The dealer along with Skoda higher-ups are hand in hand for sure and the top bosses are not made aware of the same.

With recent news of Skoda leading the charge of VW and Skoda operations in India, this negative publicity would have been enough for Skoda to act, but looks like they want to drag this on.

If I may suggest, have you tried posting this to international Skoda forums like https://www.briskoda.net/forums/ , https://www.skodaforum.co.uk and others to name a few? I think the international attention could force a top down approach to your situation rather than an uprising quest currently going on.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed