Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2019, 17:58   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Glad to know that you finally got the car. What monetary compensation did they finally offer in addition to the car?
Old 31st March 2019, 18:22   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Congratulations, SuhasManjunath. Well done for staying the course and getting your due from those people. Maybe you should call your new car Victory!

We can take away from this thread that there are good people in Skoda India, but also that they seem to be surrounded by many that are not so good. We, and all the public, need to see that Skoda is doing more to renew and re-establish a reputation as a company that not only sells good cars, but as a company that people want to do business with.

Perhaps all Skoda sales offices should have this (and similar) threads plastered on their walls, with the injunction, "This must not happen." Perhaps Mr Hollis would like to sign that

I'm always interested in consumer rights and wrongs, and always so happy to see a consumer win. Congratulations again. And thanks for bringing Team-BHP along. Let's hope Skoda starts remembering Team-BHP and the influence it (we) has, every day.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 18:25   #288
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Suhas.

Wishing you a happy ownership and one without any concerns this time around. Hope to see the ownership report soon.

Thanks to all the members who helped him during the various stages of this fight.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 18:57   #289
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations, Suhas. You are one patient, perseverant man. Now that you have the car, have a peaceful, joyous ownership period!

If you end up having to go to Vinayak Skoda for service, be a hawk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
The judge even went on to tell the advocate of Vinayak Skoda and Vinayak Skoda’s representative that he has observed rise in number of complaints against their company and mine was not the only complaint, so they better improve their services and ensure the customers are happy and will go back to them (Vinayak Skoda) if not, they will come to us (court).
Lovely. Judge sahab

Quote:
The man in this picture is the one who solved my misery, which lasted over two years but Zac Hollis resolved it in two hours.
I sincerely hope there's more to the story, between Skoda and Vinayak Skoda post this happy ending. No customer should have to go to this length for justice. Not just Vinayak Skoda but some of the Skoda employees who stalled you shouldn't be on payrolls anymore.
libranof1987 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 20:17   #290
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting a car and on closing this ordeal.

Unless I missed something, you got a car equivalent to what you paid for in the first place, right? But you had to fight 2 years legal battle and meet many people personally or on call. How was this ordeal addressed? Is there is sizeable price difference between the version you paid for and the one you finally received?
Old 1st April 2019, 10:34   #291
BHPian

Congratulations Suhas ! Even though it shouldn't have taken them so much time to do this, I guess all's well that ends well! Also, she looks brilliant in the carbon steel colour
Old 1st April 2019, 10:56   #292
BHPian

Re: Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car

Congratulations Suhas! Enjoy your new ride. It must be all the more sweeter after this hard fought battle.
Old 1st April 2019, 12:07   #293
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Suhas on your ordeal coming to an end. Finally a relief.
Enjoy your car.

Is there any indication on the action taken by Skoda India on the erring dealer?
Old 1st April 2019, 12:41   #294
BHPian

Kudos to you! Thank you for providing us an example of customer perseverance & resilience.

Even I am in the midst of a court battle with regards to replacement/refund for my Octavia which has been facing grave coolant issues (well documented in the Official Review thread).

Hopefully, I shall be able to resolve the matter asap! *fingers crossed*

Last edited by sharktale : 1st April 2019 at 13:09.
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 12:42   #295

Congratulations Suhas on fighting it out and winning it eventually! It takes a lot of patience and perseverance when dealing with consumer courts. Hope Skoda India takes some positive learnings from this issue.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 1st April 2019, 13:23   #296
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant.

Few points:

- Skoda is now the actual controller of India business for VW group
- They have got the new boss from FIAT
- They are putting their acts together to improve / work on their image
- The case was already in court and they knew what the dealership has done (clear case of cheating)

Typically when two parties are in courts, both individually know who is correct and I think Skoda realized it.

All of these points have contributed for a favorable settlement in this case. This is certainly a good news and all those who think that Indian courts do not offer justice so easily should take a note;

Job well done ! I am equally happy for Skoda that they fixed what had gone wrong.

Last edited by i74js : 1st April 2019 at 13:31.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 13:55   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
I also thank this huge family of Team-BHP and all the BHPians who have supported me through this entire fight[/b] and having given numerous notable points and very valid & timely suggestions and lots of knowledge which has helped me significantly.
Infact, we should thank you for your perseverance and leading the way for other customers who might get cheated by dealers that are hell bent on making a quick buck by disrespecting customer values.

It is high time the industry in our country turns around to be customer centric rather than dumping old/unsafe models at the same time increasing the price exorbitantly.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 14:21   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations for winning this fight Suhas, I hope your story inspire other consumers to take unruly dealers to court just the same way. (and just as well keep away from this dealer and brand)

Our Judiciary deserves a round of applause here.

We may have many more miles to go but cases like this where the court is willing to rebuke the dealer for having multiple cases of this sort is remarkable.

I suggest other Skoda owners to casually chat about this case when visiting the dealership for whatever reason, so that their management does not forget this lesson too soon.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 18:53   #299
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on having won the fight ! Kudos to you for your pursuing the matter diligently. Hope Skoda & specially the dealership mend their ways

Enjoy the ride mate !

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:55   #300
BHPian

Congrats Suhas on your new ride. You are one persistent, perseverant guy. The irony here is that even when Skoda India wanted an amicable solution, Vinayak Skoda tried their best to ruin your party. It takes a lot of patience to stick to your course when encountering such shady, double dealing,unscrupulous characters.
I will be more interested in seeing how Skoda India is going to make Vinayak Skoda accountable. Not everyone will have the strength and stamina of Suhas. I would have folded and said goodbye to the brand and never turned back. Octavia is in my horizon, but until Skoda India makes an example out of Vinayak, I wont be confident about the car.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks