Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:11   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car

Congratulations and kudos to your patience and perseverance, happy that Skoda is at least trying to mend its ways. Wishing you a very happy ownership experience this time around.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:16   #302
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations, Suhas!

This goes to show that if you fight and persevere, you will be rewarded. Hope this would be a good lesson for Skoda and other car manufacturers to mend their lackadaisical ways and care-free attitudes towards consumers.

Looking forward to meeting you and your new ride at the breakfast (quick)meet this Sunday.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:55   #303
BHPian

Congratulations Suhas for winning the battle! Hats off to you for being so determined. Happy motoring.
Old 2nd April 2019, 14:27   #304
BHPian

Congratulations Suhas, though I never participated in the discussions on this thread however I have been following your updates regularly.

Hats off to your perseverance, determination and courage for challenging Skoda head on and winning the battle too.

I also appreciate the fellow bhpians for their guidance and all possible support to Suhas during his ordeal.

All's well that ends well

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd April 2019 at 15:27. Reason: Spacing
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:04   #305
BHPian

Congratulations Suhas.
I was reading the thread all this while but never commented. Hats off to your patience and perseverance. Frankly, there is a lot to learn here.
Thanks for posting this and updating this thread. Thanks to mods and all BHPians to support Suhas in this battle.
Enjoy the ride now, wishing you many (s)miles ahead.
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:24   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! Congratulations!!
I was sad and angry to know about what happened with you and the fact that it dragged so much. Good to see Skoda turning a leaf - not only in this chapter, but hopefully in their whole India story
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:47   #307
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to you for getting new car of your choice after this long battle. You have a lot of patience! However as you said, action taken on dealer should have been disclosed by Skoda. By not doing that, they are not doing their image any good.

Anyway glad that you got a closure in your case
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:37   #308
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy on getting it done and for being so persevering.

Team-BHP rocks! Another fight fought till the end with the help of this wonderful community!

Kudos to the new Skoda Director Mr. Hollis who has been brought in specifically from the Chinese market to address the Indian market.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:43   #309
BHPian

Many congratulations Suhas! You have fought a battle which isn't easy at all. I had been following the thread, but had not read it for sometime. I too feel vindicated along with you.

You are a hero!

I very strongly feel that Skoda should ban/shut the dealer if they are serious about India. I remember what Ford did to its Bengaluru dealer Lathangi.

Last edited by SDP : 5th April 2019 at 10:29. Reason: As requested
Horizon85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:50   #310
BHPian

Congratulations Suhas, your perseverance has paid off. I wouldn't pat Skoda's back yet, not until they take action on the dealer and the Skoda employees who created road blocks for 2 long years. If Mr. Hollis only needed 3 days to close this issue, why weren't the right folks informed of this?

Lets not forget while it took time, the court decision was leaning towards Suhas. We need to acknowledge the part it has played in resolving this issue.
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 14:40   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

The informed folks were the ones who would toe the obstructive line. That remains the Skoda India stance until they show otherwise.

Yes, thanks to to the court. Clearly the judgement was going to go against Skoda.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 17:07   #312
BHPian

Even thought it is long - quite a story with happy ending. I think you deserved to win it - especially given your persistent efforts and foolproof methodology.

Meanwhile, the manufacturer intervening to your complaint and court running the show - all brings hopes high - especially of consumers like us.

Great Battle brother !!
Old 3rd April 2019, 17:16   #313
BANNED

Skoda has still not mended its ways.

Why was a fake delivered in the first place. There must be some company responsibility if not complicity. At best they are not keeping a check on their dealers. What corrective actions Skoda has taken? A full disclosure is desired. @GTO; maybe you can take it up.

Now this pushes VW family off my radar. We have to change three cars in the next year!

The only language they understand is that of our cheque books.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 18:01   #314
Senior - BHPian

Though your problem has been resolved, they still appear to be thieves, lying in court and giving false assurances till the end. Doesn't inspire much confidence in the brand. Once you are "loose" in choosing dealers who are basically thieves there comes a time that they will ruin the brand. If Skoda is still alive in India, it's because of it's products and not the dealers or the ownership experience. They are so deep in cahoots with these thieves that aren't able to extricate themselves from this quagmire what ever Boparai may have in his version 2.0. You'd better be careful at service.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 12:19   #315
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
Okay BHPians, here’s the BIG update & the one that updates the thread title as well !

Finally resolved! Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd & Vinayak Skoda delivered a brand new Skoda Rapid to me on the 23rd March 2019.
The things we do for L O V E! I really admire your courage, grit and determination. This is a lesson that will go on to help you and us in the long run. Perseverance always has it's benefits.
Kudos to all the team around you who supported you all along in this struggle.

I'd suggest that you record your appreciation for Nimish Sharma in Linkedin so it'll help with his career too. We need more people like him.
The car in that grey colour looks smashing! Enjoy driving it.

Most Viewed