Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 10:41   #166
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
There is no problem with the manufacturers. They have set up their shops to cater to the need of the customers. Its these service centers who actually make or break a business; at least play a commendable role definitely.
If that truly was the case across manufacturers, then they should reassess this whole business model, get rid of dealers and start selling themselves. Wife's kwid broke down recently and had to be towed. The way renault responded and got the work done was fantastic but then the nightmare started at the dealer service center.
Old 17th October 2017, 10:59   #167
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to your firm stand ROG_AK. It will take years to earn back their reputation.

Generally, I notice a lack of sincerity & dedication among the labour. Leave out the process, these are mandatory tasks in a free service that has to be carried out without any compromise.
Old 17th October 2017, 11:01   #168
BHPian

I had signed the satisfaction note as a gesture of good will but it seems like their only motive was to save themselves and use it in that sorry excuse at an attempt to apologise.
Makes me wonder if all this is actually going to make a difference

On a different note, got a call from the Nexa showroom where I bought the car asking me if I got the door sill protectors during delivery
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 11:10   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I had signed the satisfaction note as a gesture of good will but it seems like their only motive was to save themselves and use it in that sorry excuse at an attempt to apologise.
So, they are not going to learn from this incident?? Are they that adamant even after getting caught red handed?

Quote:
On a different note, got a call from the Nexa showroom where I bought the car asking me if I got the door sill protectors during delivery
Ignore kar, just diwali mood for them.
Old 17th October 2017, 11:22   #170
BHPian

Maruti should de-list them as an authorised service center - I mean some sort of action has to be taken here, not just media hype.
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 11:35   #171
BHPian

Quote:

Shamelessness of Mandovi knows no bounds. Not only did they cheat the customer, they are now using the gesture of goodwill of the customer to exonerate themselves!

This is not just gross incompetence but deliberate endangering of their customers.

What I am surprised is that we haven't heard a peep from Maruti! If you go to YouTube or on the WhatsApp 'forwarded-as-received' circle, Maruti's reputation is taking a major hit. They haven't issued even a press note about fixing up errant dealers & service centers!

Is it arrogance on the part of Maruti?? Maruti, if you are listening, you are getting massacred out there in public opinion. Look at what happened to United Airlines & learn!
Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 11:55   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Saw the reply from Mandovi, standard hogwash reply I must say. So, as per them they have done all the necessary mandate stuff. On the so called stringent policies, does Maruti recommend their mechanics to have lunch inside customer's cars? Does Maruti recommend mechanics to use the customer's car as "resting/sleeping bays" that too with the HVAC ON?
The last 2 min of the video, I presume it was a TD being done or was it you taking the car home post the service. If it was the former then it was nothing short of a joy ride. What were they testing for, the output of the sound system?
Many thanks for bringing this up here. We as customers need to be more alert, especially Maruti since their dealers have a very good habit of inflating the bills.
PS- Had just got my 30K service done for my SCross. The total bill came out to be 13.5k .

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th October 2017 at 12:12.
Old 17th October 2017, 11:55   #173
BHPian

Quote:

This could be very well a "checking the pulse" call from the dealer to see, whether you have toned down or still disappointed/angry about it. I know these guys do it just to get the pulse of the customer before making the next move.
Nexa is proving "No prEmium eXperience" day by day.

Appreciate your grit ROG_AK on standing by what you did and not budging in. .
BTW, your thread is the corridor, coffee table and even elevators talk of the nation now. My neighbor was mentioning about this thread and ordeal today morning in the elevator.
Old 17th October 2017, 13:11   #174
Team-BHP Support

This is a serious and real issue with almost all automobile manufacturers and their Service support in India. Every time i give my vehicles am paranoid and try to hang around and see if things are done proper. Started off since i always had interest and have hands-on experience working on vehicles, but then again this is a huge problem now if you ask me. I don't have the luxury of time to start with, and then we pay workshops lot of money to get things done right! without having to stand and monitor the service. Best part the way now one is billed: 1 - Service 2 - Water wash 3 - each and every individual work! all separate. Now even the independent work shops have started doing this kind of billing and jack up the price. Yes they will not have access to special tools and service instructions from manufacturers, and this is a huge down side. Only thing they are more accommodating in having you there while work is happening.

So as a customer what are our choices???

In my personal experience most often your relation ship with your service adviser or workshop folks that works out as some guarantee. I have been fortunate to have great folks in Surakshaa (Bommanahalli), Mandovi (JP Nagar) and RNS (Yeshwanthpur & Bommanahalli) when i had MUL vehicles. Yes there were one off minor issues but they were always willing to help and fix those immediately. This is one of the reason why i would rate Maruti high when it comes to after service experience. The very fact that so many people are following up and trying to reach out is only because it is Maruti.

Ford yes is close second along with Toyota at shop level interactions. But that's it, rest all starting from Hyundai to Honda have horrible ownership when things go wrong, and everything is finally pushed back as dealership responsibility. I have had horrible experiences with all of them. I am not even going to the germans, be it BMW or VW they just are clueless and so arrogant.. the way they change color once you make the payment for purchase is something to be experienced (hope no one has to :( ).

And this is same with two wheelers also, forget the competence level even the response to a bad job is most often aggression or plain denial. And am talking about premium bikes costing more than your typical hatchback car.

Unless our country has a strong and swift consumer protection process in place, things are bound to continue. Currently everyone is focused on volumes and making money. If you want to get things done right and as in text book, be prepared to do it yourself. If not find one of the better workshop, build a good relationship and ready to accept some issues here and there as long as they are owning it up and ready to work with you. In this case, Mandovi has erred but they are willing to resolve it and that should be appreciated.

Will this fix such issues for ever? I doubt it will happen soon, serious effort has to be spent on the floor to streamline systems and process and train the ground level staff. And all this is money and time.

Hope we get to see word class service in our country soon!

EDIT: Why can't MSIL from their side put a written statement and close this matter? Statement can happen as to why this happened, what was the action taken against dealer and how they are going to ensure this does not happen again.

Yes this customer should be offered maybe one more paid service as free, as good will gesture.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th October 2017 at 13:21.
Jaggu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 13:28   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been following this thread since day 1. I had even shared the link on Twitter and asked MSIL about this issue.

The service issue is really pathetic, especially in smaller cities, reason mainly being ignorance of the people. I've hardly seen anyone in my area or during my visit to service center inquiring about the works being done. Whatever the SA advises, it gets done. Thankfully that's not the same in my case. I've been visiting MASS for last 8-9 years and most of the people including the owner know me. Secondly, they're aware that I cannot be asked to leave my car for service and go. Earlier it has happened that they've asked me to change one or the other part but I've stood firm. The MASS here has a battery of CCTVs installed, one each pointed at every service bay and a few other random ones. It's difficult for anyone to do anything wrong without getting caught. I've always made it a point that I stay put in service bay when my car is there. This was one main reason why we moved away from Hyundai where they did not allow us to visit inside the service bay. Moreover, if I face any issue in MASS, I straightaway lodge a complaint with the workshop manager, a very friendly chap.

You've done a very good job of escalating this and bringing it to everyone's notice. Let's see how Maruti handles it.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 17th October 2017 at 13:29.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 13:40   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Mandovi Motors makes an official statement on the video.
Maruti's reputation, post this incident, has been rattled pretty much like their cars rattle. And the response from the dealer in question is not more than a reflection of their callous and inconsiderate attitude towards customers, their cars and families. Very disappointing. What surprises me more is the fact that nobody from the top management of Maruti hasn't bothered to respond to the situation yet. Typical.

Quote:
The way they have conveniently "used" the satisfaction note in saving their own back is absolutely shameless and clearly tells us that there is nothing going to get changed. Yes, a few changes in their compliance SOPs and some media/public stunts to save their face would be in display and they would use all the muscles in the world to paint it but the ground reality would hardly change .
Old 17th October 2017, 13:56   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post

The way they have conveniently "used" the satisfaction note in saving their own back is absolutely shameless and clearly tells us that there is nothing going to get changed. Yes, a few changes in their compliance SOPs and some media/public stunts to save their face would be in display and they would use all the muscles in the world to paint it but the ground reality would hardly change
Its strange that they take umbrage under the satisfaction note, which needs to be actually provided when you take the car out of the dealer workshop. This point is actually moot because the actual footage was reviewed only after taking the car home and they were confronted about it the next day. This clearly shows the unethical behavior of this particular dealer and is a big red flag to me personally. They could have provided a proper apology and mentioned how they will avoid such incidents in future to win back customer trust. I guess they just don't deserve any business.
ashwin49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 14:08   #178
BHPian

I am repeating myself here but the only way out is companies allowing multi-brand retail and/or multi-brand ASS.
Competition is the only thing that spurs quality in the service industry.
Alfresco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 14:52   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Mandovi Motors makes an official statement on the video.
This response from Mandovi is more shameful than the whole episode. Completely unnecessary I'd say. I wish Mandovi had just apologized and said that they will service again and with 100% assurance this time around.

Rule 1 of apologizing is - Do not defend the action (no-action in this case) if you are saying sorry.
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 15:23   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

So as a customer what are our choices???

In my personal experience most often your relation ship with your service adviser or workshop folks that works out as some guarantee.
This alone has worked wonders in my case. Be it Ford/VW/Toyota, If I need anything, I call up the SA directly and fix an appointment. This ensure the SA whom I know takes care of the car and I keep getting all the status updates.There was a SA in Ford who used to message me almost every hour on what is being done on my car whenever I leave for general service.
My worst experience is with Renault. The way they handle customers, no-walkins, time taken to service, cost - not happy with any of them.

I liked the way in which new Toyota service center in Whitefield is setup. They have plush leatherette recliners and next to it- the service bay with just a large glass separating the two area. It is not going to make any difference until you are sitting there but atleast they did not ask me to leave either.

Last edited by PrideRed : 17th October 2017 at 15:24.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks