Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 20:09   #226
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
You need not worry about the so-called 'legal-sounding' email they have sent. They are just trying to test the waters to see if they can intimidate you to take down the video & this thread. (Hey Mandovi & Maruti, you can't. There are multiple copies)

I am not a lawyer. But I just spoke to my cousin who is a lawyer about this. He laughed & said that if Maruti is advised by a bunch of fools if it thinks that this email is going to constitute a legal notice. He says that there is ample ground to grind Maruti & Mandovi down to pulp if they go to courts on this.

What's surprising is that the absolute silence from Maruti on this. I am sure that they have lost hundreds, if not thousands, of sales due to the shenanigans of Mandovi.

Maruti needs to come out, offer a sincere public apology (no corporate speak, please), whack Mandovi with a punitive action that'll serve as a warning to others.

News travels fast & bad news travels faster. Maruti's reputation is taking a severe beating & the antics of Mandovi are not helping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I can understand the behavior on part of the Dealership.

However, I cannot understand why after all this mess, the 'great', 'fuss-free-service-providing' MSIL is silent on the matter.
MSIL: Your silence on this matter is deafening!
Because MSIL is complicit in this kind of fraudulent activities of their dealers. I want to bet my last dollar that MSIL knows all the kinds of shady things their dealers do.

But why would they care? They are a foreign company & here to make money off of selling their poorly engineered cars. Suzuki hit a jackpot by coming into India at an opportune time & now are raking in moolah. Had it not been for India, Suzuki would be selling only motorbikes.

They make money. The dealers make money (however unscrupulously). Why would Suzuki topple the applecart?
Desi Dybuk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:15   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I am beginning to wonder if it is the scale of operations that causes such problems. Also; I am a not a believer of the "Free" service concept that almost every car company offers. Sounds attractive and probably the reason why we end up with scenarios like this. You pay for consumables and I believe you must pay for labor too. After all, a mechanic is attending to your car.
Sorry, but there is no free service. Maruti is paying the dealer for it and you are paying for it indirectly as the cost is built into the margins included in the cost of the car.

So as a customer one has every right to demand that it be done properly.
chncar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:16   #228
BHPian

It is very disappointing to see how a leading auto manufacturer of the country is letting the situation slip out of hand and threatening the customer.

I request all Maruti shareholders reading this thread to email your grievance to Maruti via this link:

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/investo...n-contact.aspx
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:18   #229
BHPian

Lol. The scam dealership didn't take long to show their true colors. This incident has proved that, we as consumers in this country, are on our own. With bare minimum standards, weak consumer rights, rotten judicial system only aid to these incidents. I sincerely hope that Maruti as a manufacturing company and known for its good ASS, wakes up and does something substantial to clean this mess. Because if not, it would take ages for them to rebuild the trust of millions of current and future customers. Who knows, they might start losing their Lion's share post this unfortunate event.!

Last edited by Col Mehta : 17th October 2017 at 20:19.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:28   #230
BHPian

Thank you so much everyone, your support means allot. I guess there is no use in ruining my diwali over this. This should become even more viral after this!
They could have just let it go, everything was done and this would have died down in a few days but they wanted their reputation intact and stooped to such low levels to do it. Have lost the heart to drive my car after this.
ROG_AK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:29   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
....but is there any way we can increase visibility of this thread, and specifically the post where the OP has been threatened?
This thread has done its bit and reached a wider audience. I have a few friends who are neither members nor follow team-bhp but are aware of this incident. Most of the online news carry a reference this thread as well. But yes the email that the Service Manager has sent needs to brought to the notice of Maruti.

This is totally unacceptable behavior from Mandovi motors. They should probably be sent a link to the Skoda thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Let the re-tweets begin guys: Lets show our unity on twitter too.
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Thank you so much everyone, your support means allot. I guess there is no use in ruining my diwali over this. .....Have lost the heart to drive my car after this.
Thanks to you for bringing this to our notice. You don't have to ruin your mood, you did an excellent job.

Last edited by jayantvs : 17th October 2017 at 20:55.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:30   #232
Senior - BHPian

Mandovi is over reacting towards the wrong goal.

Such intimidation tactics are shocking ! It infuriates me to imagine what'd have been their stance had this not gained visibility & public support!

Request OP to ensure CCTV system in your apartment/home is working fine. Also advisable not to speak with them directly anymore.

Quote:
...Have lost the heart to drive my car after this.
Don't let it affect you so much.
(Edit : I think there are many fake Google accounts trying to scare you in the YouTube comments section. Guess you aren't reacting to them directly, best to patiently keep it that way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Let the re-tweets begin guys: Lets show our unity on twitter too.

https://twitter.com/swiftshashi/stat...78609012572160
Done

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 17th October 2017 at 20:50.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:44   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much everyone, your support means allot. I guess there is no use in ruining my diwali over this. This should become even more viral after this!
They could have just let it go, everything was done and this would have died down in a few days but they wanted their reputation intact and stooped to such low levels to do it. Have lost the heart to drive my car after this.
Don't ever feel that you are alone in this. You wouldn't believe how many of my friends, even without prompting, have sent me links to this post & the youtube video. I have tweeted in your support & have tried to flag the obvious trolls there.

Maruti, if you are listening, it's time you get this under control. Initiate strict audit & quality control protocols at all your dealerships. Come down hard on all the unnecessary upselling & scammy activities that happen in your name at your dealerships. Make Mandovi Motors an example of what happens to dealerships that cheat & threaten innocent customers.

Indian customers have made you what you are today. Don't take them for granted & don't let them be cheated in your name. Your silence so far indicates that even you are complicit in threatening your customers. Customers of today aren't those from the 1980s & 1990s when you were the only game in town.

Apologise. Reform. Punish errant dealers.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:46   #234
Team-BHP Support

Maruti / Mandovi PR machinery is messing up. Just when the flames are dying down and only some embers are being seen, they are fanning it with this 'take down the video' attempt.

If you cannot apologize and admit goof-up, just ignore the Youtube video - the damage has been done. And tweak the servicing process so that it does not happen again (Eg: video recording of free services).

And then make a proper press release about "new service initiatives to delight customers"
SmartCat is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 21:02   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have lost the heart to drive my car after this.
It must be tough, but the car is not at fault. Continue to drive it, you love it, it loves you back unlike the folks at the service center who only want to make some money, then see your 'back'.

Ridiculous the level they have stooped down to. I have a 4 year warranty, else would any day prefer a friendly neighbourhood garage.
Old 17th October 2017, 21:10   #236
BHPian

Absolutely disgusting, I thought Maruti/Mandovi is sincerely apologetic in the manner in which service was handled. Now Mandovi is showing the true colour, but Maruti's silence is very troubling !

Maruti - You were supposed to be the king of ASS, now you are messing up the situation much worse !
Old 17th October 2017, 21:38   #237
BHPian

@ Mods can you please update the front post with the email I received today
Old 17th October 2017, 21:41   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
This is totally unacceptable behavior from Mandovi motors. They should probably be sent a link to the Skoda thread
I was thinking the other way. Correct your mistakes and set a positive example in the industry. And they themselves can send this thread link to all manufacturers (especially Skoda), on how they value customer feedback. By now they would have won million hearts than curse. Instead they took the other route.

Unless they believe in, any publicity is good publicity.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 22:10   #239

So, i AM a lawyer and i focus on disputes. My suggestion would be to first carefully consider what you want out of all this nonsense. Fact of the matter is that the conduct of the dealership and its staff probably constitutes cheating amongst a bunch of other things which they are paranoid about.

You can file a complaint against Maruti, the dealership and all its directors to show that they cheated you. But what does that get you?

Dont worry about the email from the dealer asking you to take the video down and giving you a bunch of hogwash. The fact is that they were aware of it and did not object to it when they became aware. Its too late to cry now. I'd just send it to Maruti and threaten to file a case against them for cheating me in the first place (a dealer is their agent and they are responsible for him)!

So you can obviously get your car serviced and blah blah and get a few k worth of goodies but you drive a RS and thats obviously not what you're looking for.

This might be the start of a movement where additional obligations are cast on dealerships from the manufacturers (its so amazing that it came from the house of Maruti and not Skoda!!!). Think about it. Use it effectively.
fourwheels is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 22:37   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
There are two things here:
1) You have no ability to remove this thread.
2) Even if you remove the video from your Youtube channel, there are already copies made, and it can be re-uploaded by others.

In other words, there is no use threatening you. This matter is completely out of your hand. Even if they manage to win you over, you still can't do anything about removing either the video or the thread.

I think you should tell them about the above facts. They gain nothing by harassing you.
Quote:
I told them I will not take the video down.
You should clearly tell them what Samurai has mentioned above. Its not you will not take the video down, you don't have the ability to remove the video or delete the thread.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks