Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2017, 07:45   #256
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Do not take down the video. On the contrary, share it, make it viral and with more hits, you might even rake in some serious moolah. Then make a tutorial video on "how to make money on youtube AND do social service by exposing fraudulent service centers".

Your decision to install a dashcam is a fortuitous one my friend, good things coming your way.
Old 18th October 2017, 08:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

Only way left is for Maruti to step in and ask the service centre to shut up. Nothing they do will earn back the trust in the service centre and also in Maruti. Hopefully Maruti is not directing the service centre behind the scenes for sending such emails.

The more they try to do something intimidating, the more it will go viral. Learn a bit from Skoda's experience.
Old 18th October 2017, 08:44   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Sorry, this is my first video so had no idea about options / settings. I could not find the option to enable download. Do guide me!
You can enable the download load settings in the advanced settings option. If possible, I would request you to add subtitles to the video so that other people can also understand the communication between the technicians and thereby help it to reach a wider audience. Wouldn't take much time cause the video is lengthy but there is not much communication in it. I think some of your friends/colleagues can help you in this regard. Though personally I'm not knowledgeable enough to help you in this matter, but I'm sure that many fellow BHPians would gladly accept to add the subtitles to the video. Going by the antics of Maruti/Mandovi you should definitely do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
I maybe wrong but I have never seen an option to download a video from Youtube on the web version. I always used extensions to download Youtube videos. Chrome has since blocked the extension I used, do for Youtube I now use keepvid.
Except for the videos that are copyrighted by the publisher, you can download most of the videos. Try viewing the videos on the app of your mobile.

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 18th October 2017 at 08:52.
Old 18th October 2017, 08:53   #259
Senior - BHPian

First of all, a million thanks for uploading the video, shows how the customer is taken for granted. How can we be assured for quality of workmanship and repairs they carry out ? What if the checks are not carried out and trusting them you go for a trip with family ? This has happened to my friend with his Duster. He asked SA to get brakes checked. Post service SA told him it would be OK once he drives a few kilometers. He straight away started for a highway trip with family, and brakes went bust on highway.

My recent experience with Maruti isnt' good at all. Last year, a service center put in less oil. This year went to other service center and they put in wrong oil, didnt change filter when I went to put in correct oil. In a few weeks I realized that coolant was low whereas I had asked for coolant replacement. Trust factor takes a hit.

Glad you posted your experience.

Quote:
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
In my humble opinion, wait for them to react. The email clearly shows they are now trying to intimidate you. That sort of tone is almost a threat for legal consequence. Good that they have agreed to their fault. But that does not allow them to ask for deletion of video. Clearly, they are taking cover under "Right to Privacy"and "violation of law". They have conducted a fraud, and still have audacity to send such emails. Paucity of grey cells would be mild statement.
After going through the video, my trust on Maruti has eroded massively. Used to regard them as the best, guess it was overestimation.

IMO, the fraudulent service is a safety risk too.
Enjoy your Diwali, you have done a fantastic job that could be an eye opener for many, including me.
Mistake is one thing, but the way its being handled is horrible.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th October 2017 at 08:59.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 09:17   #260
BANNED

Quote:
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
Just now gone through your message in details.I have given my car for service at Mandovi motors Hennur road and got the vehicle back yesterday evening.

If I would have seen this message , surely I wouldn't have given my car for service at Mandovi. They cannot threat the customer like this.Why cant all Team BHP members try to boycott this service center and be unite to support our member and teach them a lesson?
balechaparka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 09:33   #261
BHPian

Quote:
@ Mods can you please update the front post with the email I received today
Firstly - Everyone, please make an effort to LIKE the You Tube video. This will ensure it gets added traction. The video has over 500k views but only 900 odd likes.

Secondly - I think the service center needs to be reminded what they did with your car, is actually fraud. They asked you to sign the 'Satisfaction Note', and you did, which in hindsight was possibly not the best thing to do. I think you should consult a lawyer.

You are obviously a decent chap, who could have been a lot more aggressive and demanding from the situation. Maruti should appreciate this and instead of threatening with legal action -
-- Should apologies for it publicly
-- Publicly announce the procedures they are going to put in place to ensure this does not happen again
-- Give you a small gesture of goodwill (not scuff plates, maybe extended service options, etc)

and then allow this whole incident to slowly disappear.

Last edited by Samir Taheer : 18th October 2017 at 09:35.
Samir Taheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 09:33   #262
BHPian

Thought I should give other car brands and multi-brand service centers a hint for their next campaign. Here is an example template.
Attached Thumbnails
Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-switchtohyundai.png  

Kommandogerät is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 09:35   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

What's also pathetic is that neither Overdrive nor Autocar India are carrying any of this on their website.

Isn't this issue of significance to the Indian automobile customer?

Guess this shows how dependent they are on advertising revenue from the big boys, how objective their editorial team, and by that extension their new car reviews really are!
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 09:45   #264
BANNED

News is getting viral and local news media also publishing this incident ,here is one sample.
https://kannada.drivespark.com/off-b...c1-011692.html
balechaparka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 09:56   #265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ 57 sec someone from behind yells 'washing washing don't put it here, there is no candidate (i assume he means mechanic)' To this the service advisor driving the car says 'wait for the customer to leave at least' Then they both have a conversation which is not relevant to my car.
This is the most chilling part of the video for me. It tells us that this was not an isolated incidence. This appears to be their SOP or Standard Operating Procedure at this service station. If the mechanic is not there, car just gets a wash. The SA was only concerned that the customer shouldn't hear that instruction. That also means the SOP was common to the whole service station, and not just the that SA. Something like this cannot happen without the blessings of management.

That is why they are not trying to fix the problem. Instead they want the video and thread to go away like a bad dream.

The only question that remains is... Is this SOP a systemic practice across all branches of Mandovi, or isolated to a this branch alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
News is getting viral and local news media also publishing this incident ,here is one sample.
https://kannada.drivespark.com/off-b...c1-011692.html
This is really funny. They think ROG A.K is the real name of the car owner.
Samurai is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 09:57   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ROG_AK, congrats on standing up to Mandovi and Maruti.

First, please do not lose your cool. Either on the phone, in writing or in person. Maintain your calm.

2. Try to record every discussion/phone call/visit you have with any of them. Write it down, including names and designations of people along with date and time. It works wonders when your data sheet is meticulous.

3. Stand your ground. You have been wronged. Don't fall for any kind of intimidation, threats, apologies or freebies. You have a band of Brothers here on Team BHP who will stand by you.

4. You were wronged BUT you're definitely not the only one. This needs a systematic cleansing and the largest company got caught with their pants down. Maruti is party to the crime, not just Mandovi. Such mistakes are not an aberration, they are the norm. One of the reasons why I would never touch a Ford again.

5. The car, as such, is still good enough to do your duties. Enjoy it, take your service elsewhere.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 10:02   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I too went through a similar experience after posting the quality issues in my Duster on Renault's Facebook homepage. Some very noble guys from a dealership in Bangalore came to my house and told me that Renault will sue me for writing such posts.
Interesting! So, all of their brand value/image matters to them online than in their own service centers. Really unfortunate. Did anything actually happen thereafter - like suing, threats, etc?
Old 18th October 2017, 10:30   #268
BHPian

Can someone who is a good lawyer or whoever has a good knowledge of these processes help ROG_AK in drafting a reply to that mail. Even our mods have become expert in this I guess. Also, please send a PM so that they are not aware of what is going to come. MSIL vultures are hovering around this tread round the clock. This thread has hit 1.5L views in a matter of 5 days!

Also please stop asking ROG_AK what his end game is. He has already said that he just wants to ensure this is not repeated on others. he had said this in this forum repeatedly. That's one of the main reason he gave a satisfaction memo. -To take things to closure. The sudden U-Turn from MSIL dealer is unfortunate for themselves more than him.

ROG_AK -- In midst of all these, please don't forget today is Diwali. The day truth won over lie. Good won over Evil. Light spread over darkness. Don't ruin your day! have a happy, prosperous and safe Diwali with your family.

There are more well-wishers and friends for today you than what you had 5 days back. And that my friend should be a nice feeling.
RaghuVis is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 10:34   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much everyone, your support means allot. I guess there is no use in ruining my diwali over this. This should become even more viral after this!
They could have just let it go, everything was done and this would have died down in a few days but they wanted their reputation intact and stooped to such low levels to do it. Have lost the heart to drive my car after this.
You should not lose your heart. It's your car, it's diwali time, enjoy buddy.
It's the service centre guys (and indirectly maruti) who did/doing wrong, they should be feeling bad, not you.
#withROG_AK
Old 18th October 2017, 10:37   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ 57 sec someone from behind yells 'washing washing don't put it here, there is no candidate (i assume he means mechanic)' To this the service advisor driving the car says 'wait for the customer to leave at least' Then they both have a conversation which is not relevant to my car.
At least for me, that means, customer is not present and it should get the free service, i.e. SOP that is, NOTHING APART FROM A WASH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is the most chilling part of the video for me. It tells us that this was not an isolated incidence. This appears to be their SOP or Standard Operating Procedure at this service station. If the mechanic is not there, car just gets a wash. The SA was only concerned that the customer shouldn't hear that instruction.
Please keep us updated ROG_AK on whatever developments happen. And thanks for sharing this

Why couldn't they simply accept their fault and move on? And where is Maruti?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks