Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2017, 13:29   #316
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Seriously, no offence to anyone. Be it a BHPian or a non-BHPian, one has to understand that the only person who is undergoing tremendous stress and will continue to undergo until this is forgotten will be the OP, his family and his loved car. We already know he is electronically threatened with an email.
Instead of just going around with same comments about the dealer and MSL, why not come up with a solution to end this?

Has anyone heard of www.change.org? I am sure many of you do. OP can start a petition and we all can contribute. We could even forward to our own family members, friends and colleagues. I hope this would take a different route from there.
+1 to this thought.
A petition will bring in more visibility on the underhanded tactics that the dealer is trying to use to bring pressure on the customer.

It will definitely force Maruti to react.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 14:49   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
First, you cannot remove the video. You dont have the access rights to delete this
Second, even if the video gets removed, I guess copies of the same will circulate.

What do you want now?

Apology ? You got it
Issues on the car fixed? Addressed
Exposed the fraud? - Addressed

I would be asking Mandovi for the record

How would you prevent this from happening again?

Learn from the experience - track the movement of cars, what time was the car in the service bay. Have well placed cameras to track movement without being invasive to the individual. Perform audits on your work.

They cannot erase the past evidence but they can do a lot to demonstrate improvement and address the root cause.
ajmat is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 15:16   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy Diwali everyone! Till now I did not get the chance to discuss this with my parents or family. My parents are absolutely infuriated with how Mandovi has publicly defamed, degraded and questioned my integrity in the video comments. Is this the famed Maruti customer satisfaction? Their next move will be rather interesting.
As for Maruti, they probably have a team of 'experts' scrutinising the video trying to save themselves.

PS: As suggested by members, I have updated the video title and attaching a screenshot of the email they sent.
Please get a expert along for anything you would want to do in future (including the use of social media). We may egg you on and ask you to do things. But I think you should consult someone for the legal angle to keep yourself safe first. You do have the backing of thousands of us.

Last edited by srishiva : 19th October 2017 at 15:18.
Old 19th October 2017, 17:30   #319

I got to know about this fraud from Times of India app. There was a detailed description of the incident, including a link to the team-bhp thread. I can't recall the exact date, on which I came across this news on the app, but it must have been either Monday or Tuesday. Did anyone else read it there?Since then, I've been following this thread. Funny thing is, I can't find this news on the app anymore. I searched for this news on both the TOI app and Times City Bangalore app, so that I can include a link to that news article, here. It is just not there, I think it is removed from TOI.

It is logical to assume that somebody from MSIL would have influenced it, which in turn indicates that MSIL is well aware of the consequences of this expose, and already started acting on damage control. Where as there is no official statement or apology from MSIL till now. May be they are clueless, as this is a first of it's kind incident.

@ROG_AK, thumbs up mate for your stand on this. Many people are asking, what is it that you finally want from this incident. I would say the least you should demand is an official apology from MSIL(not from the dealer), and how they are planning to prevent such things in future. If anyone has previously reached out to any national news channel, please help ROG_AK. We should report this and make it more viral. I have done my bit to spread the youtube and team-bhp link in whatsapp. Will keep supporting you, like so many other bhp-ians here.
deepakr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 18:22   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
You can take down the video if you want from YouTube. I've downloaded a 720 HD copy of your video of 339 MB. I can create another account in YT channel (with due credits to you ofcourse) & upload the video & probably TBhp can refer that video link.

As far as you're concerned...
1. You've taken down the video
2. Someone in the social media has stolen your video & resurfaced the video

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-a1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 19th October 2017 at 18:28.
aargee is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 18:55   #321
BHPian

Guess my take will be,

They had personally came and apologized. They would have given some promises on them going back and see how to see whether this will not happen again.

So, thats a good end to this story. You may take the video down. Damage is already done to both the dealer and Maruti and this video/article/news will remain in the history of internet as one of the ugliest practice of a dealer and of a brand which didn't care to comment/act on the incident.

thats a happy ending according to me..
Old 19th October 2017, 19:15   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Please do not tell me about the professionalism of Suraksha in sales. They tried to sell me off an older Ciaz when they I requested for a car which was manufactured within 2 months.
Oh really sorry to hear this, which branch was this at? I had purchased a Ritz from them and they were pretty transparent allowing PDI etc, yes sales experience I won't rate at 10/10 but definitely a 8/10 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Do you think this happens only with Maruti? These kind of malpractices are common with almost all manufacturers and dealers all over India. There has been many such horror stories reported in this forum. Only that these guys got caught red handed this time.
Precisely what I was trying to explain in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
First, you cannot remove the video. You dont have the access rights to delete this
===
How would you prevent this from happening again?
I would second this anytime, there is no point debating this or pondering further. What one should insist is just assurance and on records confirmation of actions taken and towards prevention.

I would gladly remove the video, since it doesn't matter 2 bit to anyone now Read below lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
You can take down the video if you want from YouTube. I've downloaded a 720 HD copy of your video of 339 MB. I can create another account in YT channel (with due credits to you ofcourse) & upload the video & probably TBhp can refer that video link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
thats a happy ending according to me..
Happy ending is a polite note from dealer and manufacturer with a ton of assurance this would not be allowed to happen with even a single customer henceforth!

Yes ROG deserves a completely paid up 4th service also, without any cost cutting!

Wonder what the PR and Customer Care machinery of a large organisation like MSIL is doing with this? Are they so bureaucratic or did everyone head out for an early Diwali?? I am from service industry and handle so many of issues on day to day basis, far greater than this with liability at times. And not even once, allowed things to blow out of proportion even unknowingly!

MSIL you want consulting services?? Do contact me!
Jaggu is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 19:16   #323
Team-BHP Support

But why take the video down? It should be a reminder to the dealers as well as to us consumers to be on our toes and be alert, always.
Old 19th October 2017, 19:32   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But why take the video down? It should be a reminder to the dealers as well as to us consumers to be on our toes and be alert, always.
IF that will get the assurance, why not

Please note, this video is valued at 0% now, the moment it is taken down a zillion copies will replace it.. so why break ones head on a useless point, if it has a better outcome? One can debate about principle and all that, but unless it brings an outcome what use? As a customer I need assurance this is the last we hear of service malpractice at a MSIL dealership, like they mean and would ensure it. That for me is VICTORY!

Too much focus is now on the video and that being taken out. No one is bothered about a good outcome. If I were a manufacturer or dealer, I would be working on turning this into a positive outcome. And this is a golden goose for me as a PR!
Jaggu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 20:06   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But why take the video down?
Because ROK is kind of threatened by Mandovi & his safety or legal expenses, if any, cannot be covered by any or all of us. So a proposal to adhere to what Mandovi says at the same time another copy of the same video posted so as a reminder to the dealers as well as to us consumers to be on our toes and be alert.
Old 19th October 2017, 20:23   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Yes ROG deserves a completely paid up 4th service also, without any cost cutting!
Well, definitely i wouldn't even go there next time for a service. I guess, this thread and the video would have given ROG lot more happiness and satisfaction than the paid up 4th service.
Old 19th October 2017, 20:31   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Because ROK is kind of threatened by Mandovi & his safety or legal expenses, if any, cannot be covered by any or all of us.
Many have already spoken about this, any legal opinion worth its salt would advice against going legal with such a video. So I wouldn't worry about that angle at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
this thread and the video would have given ROG lot more happiness and satisfaction than the paid up 4th service.
If so it is our ego driving the issue at hand, personally I would look at getting a good response and assurance. Rest all is momentary thrill, which will eventually fade once the next sensational thread pops up in Team BHP. And with the way things are in Indian auto industry, we might not have to even wait for it lol
Jaggu is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 09:03   #328
BANNED

So much for the famed Maruti Service eh ! I recently switched my Nano for a Celerio ZXI(O) AMT from Competent Motors, Gurgaon. In the two free services, I did not notice much of a difference with TATA service except that the infrastructure and staff were much much better (sales volumes, I guess). I had reported a non linearity and excess reading of the fuel guage, which was "inspected" but no fruitful response. When I confronted the service advisor, he simply said we have to take out the fuel tank, empty the fuel and measure it, and compare it with the guage reading. Is this the only way to check a fuel guage reading ? I reported the matter to maruti through their feedback, but as guessed, NIL feedback, NIL concern. The car has not stalled and no one is dying, right ? So why bother, that too with a 5L Celerio customer ?

That's the bottom line with all car OEMs in our country, Maruti is just the one eyed jack in a herd of blind zombies !
lifebuoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 09:50   #329
BHPian

Maruti's response has been quite disappointing. Why do they need to intimidate a customer? That email from Maruti was out of place. Instead of acknowledging the problem and providing a commitment to ensure the non-occurence of the problem Maruti seems more keen to ensure to force the customer to take down the video. Totally unacceptable!
Very amused to see a number of BHPians saying Maruti is a volume player and these problems will occur. They got the volume from customers and with the customers hoping such problems will not occur.

Seriously looking at this thread and the below thread, Team-BHP has to seriously decide if sales/a.s.s experience has to be put as a pro or as a con for Maruti cars.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ew-owners.html

Last edited by searacer932 : 20th October 2017 at 09:51.
searacer932 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 15:04   #330

Great Job on sharing it with all the community members. I am sure that MSIL will take it seriously and on a plus side it will help improve the services of other service centers as well.

With all these scams that have surfaced in the recent months its better to get your car serviced at the local garage. They charge you lower and you can be assured of the service done to your car.

Ever since my car passed the warranty mark i have been taking it out to the local garage for its regular services. I pay 30-40 % less to what i was paying at Maruti service centers and the car is doing great.

It crossed 142000 km mark this Diwali.
wandrer is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed