Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 09:22   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ironically, the idea of a free service, even if it is check up, is to check for any problems that may have creeped in into the new car due to a miss somewhere in production, or that 1-in-a-lakh faulty part that escaped QC.
If each one would follow the check-list, that would be the best day for the entire automotive community - followers, enthusiasts and the owners.

It is these vital checks that are at times so crucial for the rest of the lives of each of the cars but then the casual approach is something we see every time!
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 10:10   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing man! This thread has surely changed the weekend of some Maruti & Mandovi guys . Serves them right. The thread is on fire and it's not even gone to the homepage yet (will be done later today).

My biggest worry when giving my car for a service is them missing a crucial item due to their carelessness. Example: oil change and / or filter change (engine, transmission, air etc.). There was a time when I used to accompany my cars for their services, but the work schedule makes it impossible to do today.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 10:15   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Maruti will issue a bulletin to their service centres next. Make sure not take cars for service if equipped with Dash camera. Disconnect or remove the camera before service.
Let them record the service and provide a proof like in MRI scans. (but it needs to be authentic)

How low can a customer service go ? Sign of the times where all that matters is money. Where did all the sincerity towards the work being done go?
Old 16th October 2017, 10:17   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My biggest worry when giving my car for a service is them missing a crucial item due to their carelessness. Example: oil change and / or filter change (engine, transmission, air etc.).
I had once asked about this at a MASS in Bangalore. I was explained how it works because there are times customers in their own right would want to know if oil was changed at all and what is the evidence that they did.

If you may have noticed, many service centers now have huge barrels located outside with pipes running overhead with a dispenser on top. This is for Engine oils and transmission oil as well with different grades. There are at least 5 pipes with different grades mentioned on top of it.

So when there is an oil change, the dispensing system is fed with the amount of oil to dispense which is controlled by someone sitting in the parts counter. Once this is done, the Mechanic only holds the dispenser(pipe) and presses the lever on the nozzle and it will dispense only the amount of oil that was entered at the counter.

So, there is a record of how much oil of a particular grade was dispensed for which particular car (Regn number) along with the CCTV of course where one can see oil dispensed too. Hence, in reality, if you were billed for oil, it is mostly because they replaced it and you need not have worries on that.
paragsachania is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 10:42   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing man! This thread has surely changed the weekend of some Maruti & Mandovi guys . Serves them right. The thread is on fire and it's not even gone to the homepage yet (will be done later today).
The biggest worry is these guys, even if they are fired, will work for another service station. Now that they have learnt what transpired, they will have different tricks up their sleeves.

I hope the company will focus more on work culture and customer service rather than numbers alone. Let them take the customer feedback seriously and set a benchmark as to what customer satisfaction means.

I am also wary about the sweet/soft talking RMs, Service managers, Executives and keep reminding myself : 'Athi vinayam doortha lakshanam' (Too much of humbleness is an attribute of a wicked person)
AltoLXI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 10:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The thread is on fire and it's not even gone to the homepage yet (will be done later today).
The thread is surely on fire!
This news appeared right on the google suggested news articles in chrome (phone).
Rushlane has picked up this article from TBHP.
https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-bale...-12252877.html
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:05   #67
BHPian

Re: No service done at Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
My biggest worry when giving my car for a service is them missing a crucial item due to their carelessness.
One can understand if a particular task in the service check-list is missed, but in this instance it's deliberate indolence, almost bordering on fraud, since the check-list has been checked-off without any of the items being actually, errr, checked.

And the vehicle in question is the Baleno-RS, the one with the much-touted "Booster-Jet" engine; one would think the service-center staff would've been warned during their training to take special care of at least these engines with the new tech.

Every other manufacturer that has had direct-injection engines in their gasoline engine portfolio has been facing issues with carbon build-up on the intake valves.

Maruti has made light of the whole issue stating that all that's needed is an "additive job" at the 20 K Kms service.

Much as I trust Suzuki's engineering prowess, if I were an RS owner, I would be worried if I had to entrust such an important service to a service-center that deliberately hood-winks customers.

~

Last edited by im_srini : 16th October 2017 at 11:09.
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:14   #68
Team-BHP Support

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:

My biggest worry when giving my car for a service is them missing a crucial item due to their carelessness. Example: oil change and / or filter change (engine, transmission, air etc.). There was a time when I used to accompany my cars for their services, but the work schedule makes it impossible to do today.
I remember reading old German Auto Motor und Sport magazines, they used to test dealer by taking the same car and introducing various faults into it and assessing dealer service

Last edited by ajmat : 16th October 2017 at 11:24.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:17   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I remember reading old German Auto Motor und Sport magazines, they used to test dealer by taking the same car and intorducing various faults into it and assessing dealer service
They do this today as well. They pose as customers or buyers and walk in for a surprise assessment. This is with a Hyundai dealer in Rajkot where my BIL works. I am sure there will be system in place like this for most of the manufacturers.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:33   #70
BHPian

Hi ROG_AK,

Thanks a lot for bringing this up on this platform. This is much needed.
An automobile giant with more than half of the industry share selling around 1.5 lakh cars each month needs to wake up and bring the same attention to detail when it comes to servicing. Recently, I have seen a lot of arrogance and casual attitude in the MS service centers.
service centers which are always queued with the cars to be serviced and MS which is sitting on a backlog of 1 lakh cars, needs to tighten the noose on the service centers and ensure that they comply with the process rather than playing with the process.

Last edited by Highh5 : 16th October 2017 at 11:34.
Old 16th October 2017, 11:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am a Maruti owner and I never felt that I was in good hands or has my service experience ever has been fuss free. Right from getting a dented car right out of the showroom to waiting ages at the service center to get a SA assigned to hugely inflated bills. My ownership experience has hardly been pleasant. I have forwarded this link to all Maruti Bhakts in my family and hope that the blind herd mentality of Maruti ka Bharosa that my relatives talk of and blindly buy one Maruti after another, will be forced to think and this opens their eyes on the actual state of affairs at Maruti service stations.

Last edited by SPARKled : 16th October 2017 at 11:56.
Old 16th October 2017, 12:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

As per my 'friendly' A.S.S mechanic (who wish to remain anonymous ), more than 90% of cars that come in for free service are just washed and returned. I would trust him in this because he has worked in at least 6 authorized workshops.
jinojohnt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 12:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

I expected SA to say below:
"We are confident of our cars and sure that there will not be any issues so early. Switching AC On without starting the engine, Eating lunch inside are part of our standard stress testing exercise. We can't go wrong sir, we are the best and No.1 in business".

This incident in particular is not that big but given the number of cars that Maruti sell, I am pretty sure there are scary stories as other manufacturers.
Old 16th October 2017, 12:20   #74
BHPian

Why am I getting this feeling that for them to reach ROG_AK's house uninvited was not actually with the intention to apologise, but to get him to take down the video and post.

If MSIL does take action on the dealership and fires a couple of staff, whats stopping them from making threats or taking revenge ?
toiingg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 12:22   #75
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
So the service centre in question is Mandovi Motors Yeswanthpur Bangalore.
These guys are notorious. They had a great reputation 9-10 years ago and the services were top-notch. However, there has been a steady decline since 2015 onwards with a change in the management coming in. You can read about my experience here

I have the bills to prove this as well, so if you are going to take them to task, let me know. I'm sure the S.A in question is still around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
According to the service manager, the first Nexa service centre will be operational next month in Bangalore and will be in Yelahanka. The opening ceremony was apparently a few days ago i.e. the 11th and will be owned by Mandovi Motors.
A new one opened on Maj. Sandeep Unnikrishnan Road from M.S Palya circle towards Yelahanka recently (one month ago). I'm not sure if this is the one I visited this center to order for a few replacement parts for my Alto and the S.A was helpful. Planning to change the parts this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks