Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 16:38   #181
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Now, the paid effort of some to discredit ROG_AK have started!

If you go the YouTube page & sort the comments by 'Newest', you'll see a bunch of newly created commenters who are berating the ROG_AK for 'hiding' a camera.

If you read through all such comments (I wasted a perfectly good 30 minutes on this!) you'd notice an eerily similar 'tone' with similar grammatical mistakes, way of forming sentences etc. It appears as if some 'Social Media Manager' is now actively creating new users & commenting. Look at the timeline too! It started from today (Tuesday) afternoon.

Looks like someone gave a Purchase Order to a 'Social Media Manager' only this afternoon. And looking at the amateurish comments, they didn't hire a good one either!
Desi Dybuk is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 16:43   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

This is ridiculous! The main USP of Maruti that I was considering when planning to stick with the brand for my next upgrade was service. And now this. Will certainly consider other brands now. Thanks to the OP for sharing. Shameful on the part of the dealer and on the part of Maruti.

If anyone from Maruti or Mandovi is reading- thanks to your pathetic attitude and trying to discredit a genuine customer who has been treated badly by your brand, I'm going to share this thread with as many people as I can! Just apologize and be done with this instead of trying to go on the offensive here. You guys are truly at fault!

Last edited by am1m : 17th October 2017 at 16:46.
Old 17th October 2017, 16:47   #183
BHPian

My little post to show Maruti that more people are reading and watching. I'm more upset that it is from Maruti service center, because customers are already having very few choices considering the market monopoly Maruti has. An arrogant manner from a monopoly player will be very bad for customers in the short to medium term.
Old 17th October 2017, 16:58   #184
BHPian

Picked up my Baleno after its second free service. When I went to pick up, I inquired them about this incident at Mandovi Motors. Apparently, they were unaware as it had just started to gather attention. Next day, the news reaches other service centers, and there is a caution/warning issued to be extra careful to avoid such an error. So, at least, service centers in Bengaluru are gearing up to be cautious. I only wish Maruti Suzuki comes out in open, accepts the lapse, gives an explanation, and assures the trust of its millions of customers. Being a brand that is a leader in its after-sales service in India, it just can't let this incident tarnish their decades of reputation. Suzuki Motors - please take note and respond.
Old 17th October 2017, 17:00   #185
BHPian

+1 to what Desi Dybuk here has said. A bunch of trolls have descended onto the video and are trying to question the legitimacy of the video. And what surprises me is not a peep from the Maruti top brass. Not entirely unexpected considering the views their head has on us millennials.

Quoting from the Ignis thread;
Quote:
As the millennials are not in that dire scenario of cash crisis and as they are well backed financially by their father and also well backed with bank loans so this pricing is apt for Ignis.
Also, today's lunch discussion was about this thread. A friend of mine is seriously doubting the intentions of the service stations and MASS's in general. I believe that, as a consumer, we have very limited options and that the after sales service, irrespective of a brand, is a hit-or-miss scenario.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:14   #186
BHPian

All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.

Quote:
Dear Sir,

We refer to your feedback with respect to your car registration No.

As you are aware, to reassure you we have addressed all your concerns on the very next day in your presence. In view of this we request you to remove
the video uploaded in the social media sites.

We are sure you would appreciate that the video poses a security risk to our premises, infringes our right of privacy and also constitutes to violation of law.

We expect a positive response from your end by 8.00 p.m. today by removing the video uploads.
Regards,

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th October 2017 at 17:24. Reason: Fixing quotes and removing font tags, please use Preview before Submitting post. Thanks.
ROG_AK is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:20   #187
BHPian

Brilliant exposé, @ROG_AK!

If MSIL is serious about addressing this issue, they should:
Record and provide all customers with video evidence of their vehicle being serviced (not a live-stream but a post-servicing video). This can be made available via their Service app (Maruti Care) too.

If MSIL does this, I am sure other manufacturers would follow suit. This would professionalise the sector overall.

Last edited by spindoc : 17th October 2017 at 17:21.
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:24   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
+1 to what Desi Dybuk here has said. A bunch of trolls have descended onto the video and are trying to question the legitimacy of the video. And what surprises me is not a peep from the Maruti top brass. Not entirely unexpected considering the views their head has on us millennials.

Quoting from the Ignis thread;

Also, today's lunch discussion was about this thread. A friend of mine is seriously doubting the intentions of the service stations and MASS's in general. I believe that, as a consumer, we have very limited options and that the after sales service, irrespective of a brand, is a hit-or-miss scenario.
Heck, their media team is so incompetent that they don't even realise that just by searching the commenter's name & Mandovi in Google would throw up their Linked In profiles with their current employment at Mandovi shown clearly!!
Desi Dybuk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:26   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
get's interesting and an ABSOLUTELY STUPID MOVE! whoever has sent this!

Is this from the dealer OR from MSIL?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:30   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Are they nuts? Do they know in today's digital world, there isnt any DELETE option ?

Your video is already copied by other youtubers. Just educate them that there isn't a place to hide now.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:33   #191
Senior - BHPian

Such an ill-advised route to go nuclear. There's no way they can come out looking good even if they do win a legal case. We're talking about a customer that has been wronged, has caught that wrongdoing on tape, and instead of being humble and contrite they want to pursue legal options? Sends out all kinds of wrong signals and makes Mandovi Motors look even more callous than they already have, since I assume they sent this mail.
Old 17th October 2017, 17:35   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Don't remove this video. Even if you do, there are already copies of it floating around. Mandovi is better off searching about the Barbara Streisand effect of the internet infamy.

And WHERE in the HELL is Maruti Suzuki in this?? Their dealer not only cheats a customer & now has the gall to threaten a customer?

Where is that famed Japanese corporate culture??

I think all of us here would help ROG_AK by raising hell with Maruti Suzuki about this legal threat.

Mods: Can I offer monetary help to ROG_AK for any legal expenses? Is it allowed by forum rules?
Desi Dybuk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:40   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Now, the paid effort of some to discredit ROG_AK have started!

If you go the YouTube page & sort the comments by 'Newest', you'll see a bunch of newly created commenters who are berating the ROG_AK for 'hiding' a camera.

If you read through all such comments (I wasted a perfectly good 30 minutes on this!) you'd notice an eerily similar 'tone' with similar grammatical mistakes, way of forming sentences etc. It appears as if some 'Social Media Manager' is now actively creating new users & commenting. Look at the timeline too! It started from today (Tuesday) afternoon.

Looks like someone gave a Purchase Order to a 'Social Media Manager' only this afternoon. And looking at the amateurish comments, they didn't hire a good one either!
Yes, read a few comments. One (or may be a few) of their trolls have gotten into the act, just like what's been happening in our country lately. You try to do something good, you would be trolled, bullied and called by names. Sad. These manufacturers aren't any different. I fear once this episode gets more air, the dealer and Maruti might start intimidating him for which he should be careful about.

Shame on you, Maruti. Never buying another car from you. Ever..!

Edit - Just saw ROG_AK' post with Maruti' callous email. Just what I feared.

You know something, ROG_AK, the entire Team-BHP is standing with you on this matter. Don't get intimidated. You, as a customer, has been cheated on by these cons and you have all the rights in the world to file a complaint against them. Do that, if situation demands for it. And DO NOT REMOVE the video. The video would help so many people when it comes to be prepared to deal with these sort dealers in the future.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 17th October 2017 at 17:50.
Col Mehta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:44   #194
BHPian

What the heck? Paid commentators are ridiculing A K for installing a dashcam. They are framing as if he is some voyeur. If this is from the dealer or company, then they are in bigger trouble as now we know how low they can stoop and it will undo whatever damage control they have done as part of their apology etc. Report these comments. Let us assume ALL the camera work is incorrect. Still, what about 4 people having lunch in his car?
rageshgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:45   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Yes, read a few comments. One (or may be a few) of their trolls have gotten into the act, just like what's been happening in our country lately. You try to do something good, you would be trolled, bullied and called by names. Sad. These manufacturers aren't any different. I fear once this episode gets more air, the dealer and Maruti might start intimidating him for which he should be careful about.

Shame on you, Maruti. Never buying another car from you. Ever..!
Sir, they are already on to the Intimidation phase. They have now threatened him via email with a legal option!

What a stupid move this is! I can't believe that Maruti is letting it's dealer stoop to this level! There's no way this is not happening without Maruti's blessing.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks