Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 17:51   #196
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Mods, can we remove the point about strong A.S.S presence of Maruti from reviews henceforth and previous ones as well? I'm sure all those following this thread have a fair idea about their strength, in manipulation and arm-twisting.

This is just an abysmal thing. And is setting a wrong precedent in customer relationship.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:51   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
get's interesting and an ABSOLUTELY STUPID MOVE! whoever has sent this!

Is this from the dealer OR from MSIL?
This was from senior general manager (services and spares) of Mandovi! No communication from Maruti.
ROG_AK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:53   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
What if you remove the video, but ask any of your friend (or I could do it myself) to download that video & circulate in Whatsapp (or same YT) & quote your post including the threatening mail by Mandovi?

Or any of your friend upload this video on Facebook page & the video going viral?

Just contemplating other means to expose them after you remove the original video within the given time frame

Last edited by aargee : 17th October 2017 at 17:56.
Old 17th October 2017, 17:54   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
It looks like they are being advised by some lawyer who is not familiar with the PR damage of such threats.

There are two things here:
1) You have no ability to remove this thread.
2) Even if you remove the video from your youtube channel, there are already copies made, and it can be re-uploaded by others.

In other words, there is no use threatening you. This matter is completely out of your hand. Even if they manage to win you over, you still can't do anything about removing either the video or the thread.

I think you should tell them about the above facts. They gain nothing by harassing you.
Samurai is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:56   #200
BHPian

Quote:
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Sir, they are already on to the Intimidation phase. They have now threatened him via email with a legal option!

What a stupid move this is! I can't believe that Maruti is letting it's dealer stoop to this level! There's no way this is not happening without Maruti's blessing.
Just posted my comments on that email. Absolutely ludicrous. I have no words to express my anger. And yes, Maruti sure has its share in this, without which the dealer would never have sent such a pathetic email to him.

I'm sure Maruti trolls are keeping their eyes and ears open on this forum so this is for them -

I'm confident that you don't realize it yet but your company is going to lose some serious number of prospective buyers. With this bad attitude and callous approach, you would only see your sales going down the barrel. I just spoke with one of my cousins who was planning to buy Ciaz and he, after reading your email through this forum, has dropped the idea of buying it. Honda City it is for him now. Take that and tell it to your bosses in Maruti.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 17th October 2017 at 18:08.
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:04   #201
BHPian

I told them I will not take the video down. They should get an Oscar for all their 'sorry antics' and spamming my video! Disgusting behavior!
ROG_AK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:04   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. The car was in Mandovi's custody when the recordings took place.
  2. You did not record the video, nor did you intend to. The dash cam was not hidden too. They were aware of its presence and functioning.
  3. Each time the engine was fired up by "Mandovi's men", the recordings started. So, technically, you had nothing to do with it.
  4. The video came to your possession when you routinely downloaded the recordings from the dash cam.
  5. Seeing that you have been wronged by the very people you trusted in, you confronted them and in the larger interests of Maruti customers, uploaded the video.
  6. The resolution of your complaint as claimed by Maruti citing a slip you signed had nothing whatsoever to do with the impugned video. It was just an acknowledgement of them doing what they had missed earlier.
  7. The video has been downloaded by others and there is atleast one more copy of the video posted by someone else.
  8. What security concerns, infringement of rights and privacy are they talking about? Is having lunch inside a customer's car not a violation of privacy and wrongful use of private property?
  9. How can they dictate you to remove the video under duress?
  10. If you remove the video or even if YouTube does, will Maruti target our forum next?
  11. They can issue you a legal notice or approach the court and obtain a gag order.
  12. Sadly for them, they can't keep the common man's mouth shut. The first war of Indian independence was made possible because of people to people contact. Last heard, there is no law that prevents me from talking to my neighbour. Before we started typing or writing we spoke. Rest assured that INDIA will speak about and for you!

Last edited by dailydriver : 17th October 2017 at 18:09.
dailydriver is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:04   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This was from senior general manager (services and spares) of Mandovi! No communication from Maruti.
Oh man, what a bunch of ...! Why do they do things like this?! Who on earth advises them on these issues?! Obviously someone clueless about the way social media works!

Hey Mandovi, do you really think threatening a customer who YOU wronged is the way to go?!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:07   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Send an email to the Japanese CEO (easy to find his email address) and tell him this is what's going on. Instead of taking action against those who did not do their job properly, you are now being targeted and threatened. What kind of customer service is this? Send an email to some of the media outlets, online news websites, and see if they would print an article on this.

Also, any lawyers on team-bhp want to advice him about the legality of recording a video in the service center?

Edit
Moneycontrol has already published an article on this.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...h-2413539.html

Last edited by munchy_cool : 17th October 2017 at 18:12.
munchy_cool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:13   #205
BHPian

Quote:
As you rightly said, all their apologies look BS now. First the customer get cheated by their service center. They agreed to the same and given good efforts to fix the wound. Now they behave like harassing. Since there is a proof that, they charged for service without doing the same, legally action can be taken against them also right? By sending you legal threats, are they shooting on their own foot?
Old 17th October 2017, 18:14   #206
BHPian

This is boiling my blood. This guy had come to my house that day being so 'humble and apologetic', I guess it was beneath his dignity to ask me himself to remove the video so he gets his lower managers to beg and grovel to remove the video / thread that day.
Today he does not even have the courtesy to call me and ask me in person to remove the video! Just sends an email! What EGO!!
ROG_AK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:27   #207
BHPian

Quote:
This is boiling my blood. This guy had come to my house that day being so 'humble and apologetic', I guess it was beneath his dignity to ask me himself to remove the video so he gets his lower managers to beg and grovel to remove the video / thread that day.
Today he does not even have the courtesy to call me and ask me in person to remove the video! Just sends an email! What EGO!!
I would advice you to install a call recorder on your phone, and record the phone call next time they call you. They might get aggressive on the phone and pressurize you into taking down the video as polite tactics did not work, they might switch to scare tactics now so a call recording app might be helpful.
munchy_cool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:27   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Hi AK, you need to keep calm. There's nothing personal you know Besides you very well knew yesterday that it was all a drama to cajole you to remove the video. Now they are trying to coerce you to do the same. So, just explore the options you have esp. the legal response should they ever go that way.
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:29   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
I would advice you to install a call recorder on your phone, and record the phone call next time they call you. They might get aggressive on the phone and pressurize you into taking down the video as polite tactics did not work, they might switch to scare tactics now so a call recording app might be helpful.
Very good point, and same holds good for both parties. Anything that goes unprofessional now can be a problem for anyone involved in the communication. As someone said, everyone knows what went wrong. No point in threatening a common man.
Old 17th October 2017, 18:34   #210
BANNED

The joke in the Auto Industry is that just check/kick the tyres at service, and maybe wash the vehicle. They make their moolah in selling and not service.

Most Viewed