Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 18:35   #211
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
This is boiling my blood. This guy had come to my house that day being so 'humble and apologetic', I guess it was beneath his dignity to ask me himself to remove the video so he gets his lower managers to beg and grovel to remove the video / thread that day.
Today he does not even have the courtesy to call me and ask me in person to remove the video! Just sends an email! What EGO!!
You need not worry about the so-called 'legal-sounding' email they have sent. They are just trying to test the waters to see if they can intimidate you to take down the video & this thread. (Hey Mandovi & Maruti, you can't. There are multiple copies)

I am not a lawyer. But I just spoke to my cousin who is a lawyer about this. He laughed & said that if Maruti is advised by a bunch of fools if it thinks that this email is going to constitute a legal notice. He says that there is ample ground to grind Maruti & Mandovi down to pulp if they go to courts on this.

What's surprising is that the absolute silence from Maruti on this. I am sure that they have lost hundreds, if not thousands, of sales due to the shenanigans of Mandovi.

Maruti needs to come out, offer a sincere public apology (no corporate speak, please), whack Mandovi with a punitive action that'll serve as a warning to others.

News travels fast & bad news travels faster. Maruti's reputation is taking a severe beating & the antics of Mandovi are not helping!
Desi Dybuk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:35   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mandovi Motors makes an official statement on the video.
In this case our service executive inadvertently overlooked the process which resulted into dissatisfaction towards the services.
3. In this regard a satisfaction note was executed in favour of the workshop which stands testimony to the services rendered by Mandovi Motors.
Quote:
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
When I read these lines in the morning, I wondered if these were drafted by a lawyer. Notice choice and use of words/phrases 'inadvertently' 'executed' 'testimony to the services rendered' they definitely didn't seem like PR/HR talk to me, the mail you received in the evening only substantiates my thinking.

It is real silly of them to threaten you and issue a deadline for amicably resolving the matter. I'm guessing some of Mandovi staff are following this thread, as the demand has now changed to 'remove video' from 'delete thread' as they wanted a few days ago.

I'm no legal expert, but as far as I see it they have no case here, it was not as if the camera was placed without their consent nor was your intention to record the premises. It seems like an empty threat to get the video down and contain damage. What they don't realise however is, its now beyond you to ensure the video is not available online.

Further any action, if at all,against you will be like shooting themselves in the foot!

Last edited by shashank.nk : 17th October 2017 at 18:38.
Old 17th October 2017, 18:36   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The joke in the Auto Industry is that just check/kick the tyres at service, and maybe wash the vehicle. They make their moolah in selling and not service.
Actually I was under the impression dealers make more money in service than sales. Or certainly substantial money. Of course the profits only expand if you don't do what you're actually charging for - the minor issue of cheating aside.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:38   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is boiling my blood... What EGO!!
Request you to be cool and take a practical approach. Make no personal comment. There is really no use in venting your frustration at this stage. Anything that you say now could and will be used against you. Borrowing from the Miranda Rights:

Quote:
  • You have the right to remain silent.
  • Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.
  • You have the right to consult an attorney...
dailydriver is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:48   #215
BHPian

This thread has just opened the pandoras box. However if we don't protest well, this will again subside like any other issue. Team-bhp is definitely a platform which will ensure that this has the required impact and reach.

However personally I feel that this is not something unique with this service centre or for that matter Maruti. I have been told by service advisors of other dealers that the ONLY target they have is MORE number of vehicles serviced per day. I think overall it is 10% more vehicles per year or so with the same work force and facility. And on top of this, the target that x amount of repairs have to be carried out. These are all problems. I dont know if Maruti's intervention might help or not, however I feel dealers should provide owners with cctv recordings of the car being repaired EVERYTIME.

Eventually what comes to my mind is ... How awesome our vehicles are! They do so well even without servicing

Note: Very recently I have started changing oil outside for the same reason. Off topic but can anyone tell me while changing oil if anything else is required to be changed? like oil seal etc? If yes, how? I change oil at Shell.
Old 17th October 2017, 18:53   #216
BHPian

What a bunch of jokers. How are they going to fight social media when they are the one who wronged.
Compensate, Correct the mistake, amend the process so that such mistakes never happen. This is all they had to do and the thread would have been a history by now. Ofcourse history cannot be deleted, but the thread would have contained enough positive comments about how they rectified the mistake.

Still can't believe Maruti and its dealers can stoop to such a low level to threaten a customers
Old 17th October 2017, 19:02   #217
BHPian

MODS: Im in no position to ask you guys to do something, but is there any way we can increase visibility of this thread, and specifically the post where the OP has been threatened?

Mandovi has crossed their limits now, and they definitely need to be taught a lesson!
These guys really need to be taught a lesson now.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:14   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Let the re-tweets begin guys: Lets show our unity on twitter too.

https://twitter.com/swiftshashi/stat...78609012572160
Leoshashi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:22   #219
Team-BHP Support

I think someone should send Mandovi PR team this link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

This is exactly what skoda tried years ago as well. It's also the most stupidest thing to do when you are so blatantly at fault and there's damning video evidence against you.

Not only did they not service the car but actually openly spoke about waiting for the customer to leave. Secondly 4 guys sat in a client's car eating lunch with air con running.

They don't even know that the video has been copied and is covered by every media channel by now. They are only making it worse
Vid6639 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:22   #220
Senior - BHPian

I can understand the behavior on part of the Dealership.

However, I cannot understand why after all this mess, the 'great', 'fuss-free-service-providing' MSIL is silent on the matter.
MSIL: Your silence on this matter is deafening!
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:30   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
Edit
Moneycontrol has already published an article on this.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...h-2413539.html
The article has quoted below information incorrect.

Quote:
had installed a camera in his car prior to the wash to track what was going to happen in the service centre.
The author clearly do not know what and how dashcam works.

Maruti / Mandovi, you guys have made a mistake. Apologize and move on. Threatening OP on removing the YT video or bringing down this thread is like shooting at your own leg.

After reading initial discussions, I was getting positive feeling on this incident on how Mandovi acknowledged the mistake and apologized. Now they are showing their true colors.

Edit: The incident reminds me of below YT video

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 17th October 2017 at 19:48.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:40   #222
Oxy
BHPian

And I happened to get my Baleno registered today morning!

Why on earth did I not see this thread a couple of days ago?
Old 17th October 2017, 19:40   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It looks like they are being advised by some lawyer who is not familiar with the PR damage of such threats.

There are two things here:
1) You have no ability to remove this thread.
2) Even if you remove the video from your Youtube channel, there are already copies made, and it can be re-uploaded by others.

In other words, there is no use threatening you. This matter is completely out of your hand. Even if they manage to win you over, you still can't do anything about removing either the video or the thread.

I think you should tell them about the above facts. They gain nothing by harassing you.
Absolutely agree here. I was thinking exactly of these two points. Just get it uploaded on youtube by anybody else. Who will they sue then? "The internet"?
Old 17th October 2017, 19:49   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Note: Very recently I have started changing oil outside for the same reason. Off topic but can anyone tell me while changing oil if anything else is required to be changed? like oil seal etc? If yes, how? I change oil at Shell.
'Oil Seal' is not something that needs replacement, it is part of transmission.

You can change Oil+Oil Filter outside, and you can change Air Filter yourself as it is plug & play job.
However, you still need to keep track of other fluids like brake/clutch fluid, coolant and other wear and tear parts like brake pads/caliper grease, spark plug, battery fluid, transmission fluid - though all these things dont require frequent maintenance.

In fact I once did valve adjustment myself, no way I would let them mess with precision task like this in a hurry!
Old 17th October 2017, 20:03   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Let the re-tweets begin guys: Lets show our unity on twitter too.

https://twitter.com/swiftshashi/stat...78609012572160
Done my bit in Twitter and FB.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed