Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 22:49   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Thank you so much everyone, your support means allot. I guess there is no use in ruining my diwali over this. This should become even more viral after this!
They could have just let it go, everything was done and this would have died
Well, looks like this issue blew up to a serious extent and I bet on either side it would be unexpected. And trying to put pressure on you is something they should have not done in the way they did. IMO, it is best to ask them to write to TBHP and give an official response, which must include the corrective measures they have taken and also respond to any concerns posted with a personal touch and not a pre-fabricated set of sentences. Then instead of deleting the content, they can expect an amicable settlement on the thread itself instead of trying to make it dirty so that wherever this thread is referenced and whoever reads it, they will get to know that the company has indeed responded in a positive manner.

That I believe will be fair on either sides and will not require any cleanup or deletion and will close the matter. Charges can be thrown from side to side, but personally, I wouldnt break my head over this issue, especially when it has reached such a level of escalation. If not Mandovi, you still have other dealers to keep your car in good shape at least until the warranty is over.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 22:52   #242
BHPian

Quote:
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
Just wanted to ask you, why have you denied access to download the video on YouTube???

The way Maruti & Mandovi are hiring the so called 'social media managers' and are doing all kind of cheap tricks to bring you down, wouldn't it be better to give access to everyone to download the video?
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 23:17   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
You should clearly tell them what Samurai has mentioned above. Its not you will not take the video down, you don't have the ability to remove the video or delete the thread.
I already have, on several occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwheels View Post
So, i AM a lawyer and i focus on disputes. My suggestion would be to first carefully consider what you want out of all this nonsense..
Everything was done and dusted but they had to add fuel to the fire. All I want is for Maruti Suzuki to own up and take responsibility for it's actions and not make the dealer play dirty games. They should show customers what corrective measures they are taking to ensure this does not happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

That I believe will be fair on either sides and will not require any cleanup or deletion and will close the matter. Charges can be thrown from side to side, but personally, I wouldnt break my head over this issue, especially when it has reached such a level of escalation. If not Mandovi, you still have other dealers to keep your car in good shape at least until the warranty is over.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Just wanted to ask you, why have you denied access to download the video on YouTube???
Sorry, this is my first video so had no idea about options / settings. I could not find the option to enable download. Do guide me!
ROG_AK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 23:24   #244
Senior - BHPian

I am going a bit off Topic here but Did anyone read this ? Saw this posted on Youtube,
Who is this Gentleman??

Edit - Just saw that this was posted previously by the OP- Please delete if this is inappropriate
Quote:
Dear Patron,

We are thankful for sharing your feedback and at the very outset apologise for the inconvenience caused in this regard. We completely understand that this incident has led to many questions in the mind of our valued customers of Mandovi Motors and would like to take this opportunity to share something with all Maruti Suzuki Car Owners:-

1. Being authorised workshop of Maruti Suzuki our moto is to ensure Customer Satisfaction & Customer Obsession through our expert manpower and high service standards. With our immense efforts and regular hard work we have earned huge goodwill and reputation within the country.

2. As mandated by Maruti Suzuki, there is an exhaustive standard process for carrying services at all Maruti Authorised Workshops including Mandovi Motors which containsstringent list of checkpoints to be ensured at every stage of service. In this case our service executive inadvertently overlooked the process which resulted into dissatisfaction towards the services.

3. However, we would like to assure that the vehicle underwent final inspection before being cleared for delivery and the deviation in the inspection process was swiftly addressed. In this regard a satisfaction note was executed in favour of the workshop which stands testimony to the services rendered by Mandovi Motors.

4. We once again thank you for your valuable feedback and we assure that the necessary corrective steps have already been taken to resolve this error. We also assure all our patrons nothing short of world-class service from hereon.

Best Regards
Mandovi Motors Pvt Ltd
Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-man.jpg

Last edited by Captain Slow : 17th October 2017 at 23:39.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 23:42   #245
BHPian

Congratulations, ROG AK! You're the latest internet sensation!!

Car dealerships and service centers are usually run by extremely rich individuals/families who have been in the business for long periods of time. I'm guessing Mandovi Motors also fall in the same category. They're usually used to sweeping customer concerns like these under the carpet and closing the chapters after issuing cliche apologies! But this time they've been caught red handed with video evidence and internet publicity!

I'm guessing the folks at Mandovi aren't well versed in dealing with "new generation" negative publicity like this, hence their attempts at the Apology Act initially, followed by the Arm-twist Act! I sincerely hope Maruti steps in at the earliest and sorts this out, at least to save their own image!

Heads have to roll at Mandovi for sure! The YouTube video count is at 420,000+ views currently.

The only acceptable corrective measures from Maruti would be:
- Acknowledge the mistake
- Apologise (again, I know!)
- Give out a statement listing the corrective measures taken - Names of heads that have rolled at Mandovi
- Apologise again!
- Sell 45,000+ Dzires in October and deviate online attention from this issue!!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 23:44   #246
BHPian

Quote:
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now. Need help / suggestions from members please. Ready to go legal if required.
To me, this e-mail just seems like an aggressive defense to only pressurize you to remove the video and nothing more than that. Can't find any direct reference for issuing a legal threat, and I am sure they won't risk that as they would be completely aware of the consequences countering an authentic visual evidence in any court. One advice - please keep the original recording intact (without re-recording or distorting). In worst-case scenario, that will be most crucial. However, if they move ahead legally, don't worry at all - I am sure millions of Maruti Suzuki customers in this forum as well as outside this forum will back you in any which way needed. I believe this issue should die down only when Maruti Suzuki acknowledges this and releases a statement and not Mandovi Motors. Hope all of you agree with this.
Old 18th October 2017, 00:11   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
I maybe wrong but I have never seen an option to download a video from Youtube on the web version. I always used extensions to download youtube videos. Chrome has since blocked the extension I used, do for youtube I now use keepvid.
Old 18th October 2017, 02:22   #248
BHPian

I think people will lose jobs but won't mend their ways. I have seen many examples where mechanics, sales people from one company keep moving to another even if they have been under performers in the previous company. This definitely means bad PR for Maruti but how bad. Will it impact sales - No. We all have this notion - It won't happen to me!
Old 18th October 2017, 02:40   #249
Senior - BHPian

I have a brilliant idea. Send us a link to the video and about 1000 of us will upload it on YouTube.

Let them send us all their emails with their dead-lines.
AbhiJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 03:18   #250
Senior - BHPian

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Maruti Suzuki & Mandovi have totally lost it. This is no way to react to an issue. They do realize that they just have their reputation & multiple options for each segment below 15L helping their sales. Today there are better products available in every segment from other manufacturers( Tiago>celerio, Figo>Swift, Aspire>dzire, Creta>Scross.etc.). It is only their reputation that is bringing in sales. It's high time MS intervenes and apologizes to the OP. Thank you god for social media!
Old 18th October 2017, 03:48   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Who is this Gentleman??
He is the Chief General Manager at Mandovi Motors Private Limited, based at Mangalore as per the profile on Linkedin.

Quote:
I too went through a similar experience after posting the quality issues in my Duster on Renault's Facebook homepage. Some very noble guys from a dealership in Bangalore came to my house and told me that Renault will sue me for writing such posts.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 08:46. Reason: as requested
deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 04:58   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Maruti is paying the dealer for it and you are paying for it indirectly as the cost is built into the margins included in the cost of the car. So as a customer one has every right to demand that it be done properly.
I never said anything about a customer not deserving quality service. My concern is the business model for maintaining/servicing cars having a detrimental effect on the quality of work (Or no work in this case) that is carried out. In Maruti Suzuki's case, the garages not being able to cope with the sheer volume of cars. We have come across one case today. The reality could be much more.

Is there a published document anywhere that says Maruti Suzuki pays the dealer for each car they service and that this cost is included in the purchase price for the car?
Old 18th October 2017, 05:48   #253
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I do not think Maruti cares given the dealership has "apologised" earlier. They would if it hurt their bottom line, but if insensitive obnoxious comments by its executives, unsafe cars could not dent their sales, I wonder if anything would.

We have completely different priorities when buying a car and Maruti knows it the best.

This also begs a question for the OP - what is the end goal? Going through all this heatache and headache but for what? I feel bad for him already. The guy simply uploaded a video asking a very valid question, highligting the callous attitude and absolute disregard for customer's hard earned possesion, not to mention the safety risk that may arise from this for the owner and for other road users. Unless the car buyers unite as a community and demand probity from the company and its dealers, nothing is going to change. All one needs in India to change a buying decision is a couple of kmpl here and there and perceived low cost of ownership. Perceptions are harder to create than reality and once created they are harder to erase.

I hope and pray this hurts Maruti where it hurst the most given the attention this has received. Also, I am proud that as a community we are standing behind him given what he is going through for no fault of his.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 18th October 2017 at 05:55.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 06:44   #254
Senior - BHPian

This is fraud, no two ways about it! They must be doing this to every car.

Not that they they drew lots and decided to do it to this 'one' particular car. In the States they would be pursued to the full extent of the law and our brother TeamBHPian would be a millionaire, by now. Imagine the money they're raking in! Will Maruti take any action as they're selling cars based on their Service reputation? And will we know about it?

I will not leave my vehicle unattended during service, never have, be it Maruti, Hyundai, or now Tata.

On another note, car makers should offer dash cams as part of standard equipment. Very much needed, and I had to buy one separately as the streets call for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Once they realised their own culpability in the matter, they rushed to you - not to threaten, blackmail or entice you - but to request you politely to forgive them for their collective sins of omission.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 10:34. Reason: fixed broken quote
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 07:05   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, how much lower can they stoop. If you read inbetween the lines of the email, they are trying to threaten you of legal consequences indirectly. Tell me something, has anything been written like "Photography prohibited" written anywhere in the premises. On top of that if you had the intention of shooting the complete episode the dash cam would have been ON for the entire time. Moreover the staff was completely aware of the dash cam. If it was infringement of their privacy, they would have voluntarily removed the camera ASAP.
A honest suggestion, can you create a sort of like a bloggers video with the screen shots of the emails sent by the dealer along with the translation of the dialogues in the video.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks