Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2017, 10:42   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
All their apologies were a bunch of BS. Got this email just now.
Just by being a part of the chain of the country's biggest automotive company does NOT give you the right to bulldoze a honest person into submission for exposing a downright disgraceful con job, Mandovi.

Well done, ROG_AK. This forum stands with you.

As for Mandovi (or Maruti, for that matter):

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-pic.jpg
(Source)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th October 2017 at 10:43.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 10:49   #272
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you get legal advice before taking a stand on the video.
Any pointers to lawyers with expertise in such matters?
Old 18th October 2017, 11:10   #273
BHPian

Some suggestions from my side (to teach a proper lesson to these frauds):
1. The title of your YouTube video is "Maruti NO Service." It's not good. Make it descriptive like - 'Fake Service of Maruti Baleno at Mandovi motors' or something similar.
2. In the description box add 1-2 paragraphs describing the whole incident and make sure that the words Mandovi and Maruti appear several times. These things will make sure that your video appears in search results when searched for Mandovi or Maruti Baleno. These guys are literally asking for that.
3. Now since that video is viral, those who watched it will probably also watch a follow up video. Record a video of yourself with phone or laptop describing the whole incident and the mental agony it has caused you. Do not forget to mention the immense pressure to take down the video and the email threats. Upload this video on YouTube, Share on FB, twitter, here on BHP and also in the comments of the existing video.
4. And regarding the legal action BS, they would be the last people to go to court, especially on this issue. They would do so only if they have a bad lawyer and a worse PR manager on their payrolls.

We are all with you.

Last edited by chandra1 : 18th October 2017 at 11:12.
chandra1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:16   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Let the re-tweets begin guys: Lets show our unity on twitter too.

https://twitter.com/swiftshashi/stat...78609012572160
I retweeted too.

Can we form a creative hashtag? #FakeNexaExperience? The hashtag should be focused towards Maruti and not just the dealer. It is sad that Maruti has not spoken about this issue or the action it is taking against the dealer for faking the service AND, more importantly, intimidating its (Maruti's) customer. Creating a hashtag with Nexa will surely catch their attention...
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:19   #275
BHPian

Summarising the story so far, from different stakeholders' actions and what they should do.

ROG_AK
What you did:
Good - You published the video to let others know about the fake service.
Better - You didn't settle down for any offers or freebies you could have got. Chose bigger customer community over your personal gain.
Best - You mentioned multiple times your only objective is to make Maruti accept responsibility and take action to prevent such incidents.

What you should do now:
Sit back and relax. Enjoy the Diwali. Don't think about this. You have done more than your part for the time being, you deserve a break from this.

Mandovi Motors
What you did so far:
Bad - Cheated a customer.
Worse - Without owning up the mistake, tried to cover it with flowery language and used customer's sign in the delviery note as proof of 'not our fault'.
Worst - Tried to threaten the customer and gave deadline to take the video down. Your true colours came out in the open.

What you should do now:
Shut up and keep quiet. Don't do anything now.
Nothing you do is going to improve your situation.

Maruti
What you did so far:
Bad - Silence.
Good - You didn't come and defend your dealer and put the blame on the customer.

What you should do now:
a) Apologise to the customer. Public apology.
b) Take action against the service centre. Make it public. This will comfort customers that the company does care for them. Also will act as a warning to other service centres.

Us, TeamBHP and car users community
What we did so far:
Good - Supported ROG_AK and stood behind him.

What we should do now:
Don't let this post and messages become forgotten in few days. Get inspired from this and him and decide to raise / fight such service centres and incidents.
JohnyBoy is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:22   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Sad to see the initial hiccup, but glad it was acknowledged by the service center and taken care of.

In my case, I left the dash cam running in my Honda City during the 3rd free service at whitefield honda body shop and when I went back, the memory card was gone

The SA repeated usual sentence that I have to remove all valuables prior to giving it for service. I wonder if someone mistakenly leaves anything, it will be considered as a free tip to the service center.

Initially they promised to refund the amount or provide a new card. Their tone changed over time and finally they gave me an interior cleaning coupon for next service.
In my case, I have to share and remember two good experiences with Toyota.
1st Instance
I left the car for service with Ravindu Toyota on West of Chord Road, Bangalore and when I took the delivery, Car Mat was missing in third row. I noticed this some 1 week later. When I brought this to the notice of SA, immediately, he said, he will check if NOT found, will refund the money (Rather, reduce the money during next service)

During next service, they gave the bill and I reminded them about the discount to be given due to misplacement of Mats. The earlier SA was contacted and within 5 mins, the 90% of the mat cost was reduced from the bill

2nd Instance: The car was in Service with Nandi Toyota, Kanakapura road, Bangalore. I had left my GPS holder in the car and it was missing when I drove the car home. I brought this to the notice of SA within 30 mins of delivery just after reaching home.

SA Said, he would reduce the 100% cost (around 1500Rs) during next service. During Next service, when I reminded this instance, he said, he needs the bill for new GPS Charger to reduce the amount. I told him this was not good approach and I would like to speak to Manager.

He asked me to wait and spoke to his Manager, Manager himself came to me, said sorry on behalf of his SA(For asking Bill) and discounted 100% amount from the service bill.

So, my belief is, Toyota really cares for their customers in spite of their mess ups.

Mistakes will happen. But, how you manage the mistakes and treat customers after mistake is what finally matters to me.

Last edited by gkveda : 18th October 2017 at 12:25.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:34   #277
Senior - BHPian

This was an open secret. If this is happening with Maruti, it must be happening at a bigger scale with other companies. Thanks for opening this thread and informing us about the incident and bringing some fear to the service centres.
PatienceWins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:38   #278
BHPian

This pretty much sums up the NEXA experience in the current context!

Link to original post by GTO - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4025841
Attached Thumbnails
Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-screenshot_20171018123504.png  

Geo_Ipe is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 14:05   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much everyone, your support means allot. I guess there is no use in ruining my diwali over this. This should become even more viral after this!
My friend, you have done nothing wrong, you are standing up for your rights. I know the incident does linger in your mind, but go about your life as if nothing happened.

You have done them a favor by not registering a cheating case/going to consumer court.

Quote:
They could have just let it go, everything was done and this would have died down in a few days but they wanted their reputation intact and stooped to such low levels to do it.
They have now done a cardinal mistake by sending that email. This community will be with you
Old 18th October 2017, 14:09   #280
Senior - BHPian

Good expose ROG_AK! This will erode our faith on Service Centers when we hand over our hard-earned possession for service!
Maruti should issue a public apology & take strict action against the concerned service center.
Old 18th October 2017, 14:18   #281
BHPian

Quote:
@ 57 sec someone from behind yells 'washing washing don't put it here, there is no candidate (i assume he means mechanic)' To this the service advisor driving the car says 'wait for the customer to leave at least' Then they both have a conversation which is not relevant to my car.
For me, this conversation alone is enough to prove their fault. If you carefully listen to the conversation here, it is pretty much clear that this incident (of skipping the service) is not an 'exception' and a 'norm'. They are so causal in their talk that do not seemed to be worried even if they were to get caught doing this. And I am sure that higher management at this service center is aware of these practices.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 14:22   #282
BHPian

Its sad and unfortunate that such poor levels of service exist in our country. I had a Maruti Zen back in the day and had given it to the MASS in Khar ( Mumbai) - I dont remember the name of the MASS.

In the name of a complete service, they simply topped up the fluids and sent the car back.

From then on, I have stuck to my friendly neighborhood garage . I am able to get things done in front of me.
Old 18th October 2017, 14:22   #283
BHPian

Thanks ROG_AK,

I have a download copy in mpg3 now. I can share with others if need be and things turn worse. I am not uploading it.

You have stood your ground which is great. Hats off to your resolute will.

Thanks Team-BHP for making this thread popular and standing behind an honest customer.
droolingvoyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 14:29   #284
Senior - BHPian

Hey Buddy, Not sure I follow. What's your Ford story?

In my case, Advaith Hyundai had used sub-standard engine oil and when I drained it immediately at SHELL and gave it back to them, they apologized, sent it for lab test, and will adjust the amount against the next bill. But this has made me aware of the lengths service stations would go to cheat - for even few hundred rupees, reputation be damned. Now we sold off the car but the refund is pending.

Mandovi very well knew the risks they were taking - their decades of trust in Bengaluru hangs over thiscepisode! Now Media will come sniffing after this story for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Such mistakes are not an aberration, they are the norm. One of the reasons why I would never touch a Ford again.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th October 2017 at 14:47. Reason: Fixing Quotes
Old 18th October 2017, 14:31   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post
Did anything actually happen thereafter - like suing, threats, etc?
Nothing happened, the dealer was pissed off as I complained to Renault that there was no job card created to diagnose the issues in my new car and Renault' after sales Manager was absent during the inspection. A copy of my email written to Sumit Sawhney is shared on this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ustomer-5.html
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks