Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 10:49   #406
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

The response to this has been quiet overwhelming and I never thought it would get so much traction. Thanks to everyone for the help / suggestions!
Here at Team-bhp we all knew these kind of things happened, but to the 'common' man who would blindly trust the service centres this has hopefully been a eye opener.
As others have mentioned, firing a few people will not make things any better because this will soon be forgotten and things will be back to the way they were. As for expecting any sort of response from Maruti, well that's probable futile. Perhaps if I had not signed that satisfaction note things might have been different.

I had asked the News Nation reporter why they did not mention Maruti / Mandovi and this is what he said:

"As per our channel policy, till we get reaction from them we can't show their name.. And unfortunately yesterday nobody was there to react"

I guess they couldn't be bothered with this anymore and it's business as usual for the top car manufacturer in India.
ROG_AK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 12:11   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I guess they couldn't be bothered with this anymore and it's business as usual for the top car manufacturer in India.
You sound like tired and done with this. Don't feel bad or "didn't achieve anything".
You did change something. More people became aware of such incidents. A feeling of 'we have to fight or at least be careful' has been generated among us. Your post will be one of the first/small step towards a better consumer protection environment. Good day saar.
JohnyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 12:24   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Another instance of careless servicing by MSIL dealers. BHPian sumitsinha0280 sent his Uncle's Ignis for first service and opted for pick up and drop facility. The dealer in question was Premsons Motor, Ranchi

Whatever they did in the name of service, obviously that isn't visible to the customer as it mostly involves minor checking etc in the first free service. So let them take the benefit of doubt. But even the washing was not upto the mark. The door sills had lots of dust inside, as if no one ever bothered to open the door. The part where the dealer is supposed to sign and mark all the work done, that page was left blank. This indicates how seriously they undertake these free services. However they didn't fail to take their part of the slip.

Obviously we didn't pester the driver much, as it wasn't his fault anyway. But looks like he did tell his peers at the dealership about our displeasure, and they called us in an apologetic manner and promised to get the owner's manual duly stamped and signed. What pissed us off was that they initially tried to justify that the signing and stamping isn't necessary as such. As if its the first Maruti we have owned.

Attaching some pictures:

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img20171026wa0032.jpg

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img20171026wa0031.jpg

Last edited by Leoshashi : 27th October 2017 at 12:31.
Leoshashi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 12:34   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
But even the washing was not upto the mark.
Ever since they have started waterless wash at most of the ASC's my expectation has come down, obviously.

I would prefer to get it washed outside for less than 500 bucks by standing next to the car and they do a much better job.

What the service centers do to earn brownie points out of a customer is to wash the car clean, put some tire polish to make it look shiny, wipe the dashboard and door guards with a shiny stuff and the customer is super happy!!.

That's Periodic Service for the customer and the ASC - Who cares if they touched the Air Filter. Commoners are less bothered and assume with a lot of trust that the ASC would have done it anyway!

Bottom line : Periodic Service is Water wash. Anything above that is going the extra mile (at least these days and the latest episode that captured this!)

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th October 2017 at 12:37.
paragsachania is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 12:38   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

What the service centers do to earn brownie points out of a customer is to wach the car clean, put some tire polish to make it look shiny, wipe the dashboard and door guards with a shiny stuff and the customer is super happy!!.
I almost forgot about the cheap shiny stuff they have applied on the dashboard. Its impossible to drive that car out in the sun because of all that glare and reflection.
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 12:53   #411
BHPian

Quote:
I almost forgot about the cheap shiny stuff they have applied on the dashboard. Its impossible to drive that car out in the sun because of all that glare and reflection.
Yea, what is this stuff..? Last month I got my i20 back from servicing. There was this sticky (gummy) stuff on the dashboard, which gave it a shine. I parked for 6-7H in the sun. Came back, all my glasses were fogged from inside. I worsened it by wiping with a cloth -- now it was all smudges. Finally had to buy a Bisleri and wash it off.
asingh1977 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:15   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ever since they have started waterless wash at most of the ASC's my expectation has come down, obviously.
The MASS here uses automatic wash, and that's pretty useless. The wash is always substandard and I've complained many a times. The best cleaning is done by self when I do it at home, but the under surface wash needs the car to be hoisted up. My last wash was very bad, I did complain.

Quote:
I always insist on not at all applying anything on the dashboard or tyres. This time I forgot and they applied it. The whole surface becomes sticky and shiny. I complained to the workshop manager after I came back from service. Thereafter I got calls from the washing incharge as well as Kolkata regional office. I told them that the polish should be applied only if the customer asks or they should check with customer if it has to be applied or not.

I have always gone with the car for service, be it free or paid and stay with the car for whole duration. My people always ask me why I stay but I've made it a point that I remain there for service. It saves me lots of headache. If you are buying a car, it's always better that we spare a day for service, once in 6 months. And that's doable.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:24   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I always insist on not at all applying anything on the dashboard or tyres.
Reason why I said this :

Quote:
Commoners are less bothered and assume with a lot of trust that the ASC would have done it anyway!
Quote:
I have always gone with the car for service, be it free or paid and stay with the car for whole duration. My people always ask me why I stay but I've made it a point that I remain there for service. It saves me lots of headache. If you are buying a car, it's always better that we spare a day for service, once in 6 months. And that's doable.
Similar has been the case with me too. 9 out of 10 times I have stayed with the cars whenever it is getting serviced and honestly, I have even told them I am OK if they cannot wash it before delivery but ensure the other tasks are carried out properly. Wash is last thing on my mind.

But that is just me, you and few more may be? Majority of them see wash as service and a shiny car with polished sidewalls makes them happier and it is exactly this reason why this thread shows us the reality and the thinking of the service center about the customer. Nothing can make them happier than good wash and they just did that for the Baleno in question here on this thread, but hey you got a customer with a dashcam this time who managed to get your dirty act captured!

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th October 2017 at 13:25.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:27   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
You sound like tired and done with this. Don't feel bad or "didn't achieve anything".
You did change something. More people became aware of such incidents. A feeling of 'we have to fight or at least be careful' has been generated among us. Your post will be one of the first/small step towards a better consumer protection environment. Good day saar.
Yes, I guess these small steps will lead to greater change in the future.

Quote:
Exactly why I told them not to polish the inside in the beginning of the video . Why on earth they smother that stuff all over the place is beyond me! It looks horrible. Don't more customers complain about it?
ROG_AK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 22:46   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another instance of careless servicing by MSIL dealers. BHPian sumitsinha0280 sent his Uncle's Ignis for first service and opted for pick up and drop facility. The dealer in question was Premsons Motor, Ranchi
Update: The owner of Premsons Motors called me just now, and sent these snaps over Whatsapp. Glad to know such a passionate owner, who follows each and every update on Team BHP. He stayed back at the workshop till late evening just to resolve this issue.

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img20171027wa0057.jpg

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img20171027wa0058.jpg

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img20171027wa0059.jpg

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img20171027wa0060.jpg

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img20171027wa0061.jpg

He saw the entire footage himself and ensured that the Ignis was properly inspected, and everything which needs to be done during the first service, was done. He was sincerely apologetic for the lapse in cleaning, and not only offered us a comprehensive wash, but also appointed a person who will personally inspect all these things before a car is sent for billing. Really touched by his gesture.

These mistakes happen, but I am happy that someone actually has the guts to accept the flaw, make amends and move ahead.

If you are reading this, accept my sincere thanks!!

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2017 at 16:21.
Leoshashi is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 23:42   #416
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post

No it is not. This is one of the most valuable contributions I've seen on this website. This video and thread is not going anywhere, and anyone who has seen the video or read this thread will remember it and tell others about it for life.

Stock price is ultimately related to reality and a company that's blatantly not bothering to even make a statement doesn't deserve its position in the country and this herd mentality has to stop. Their entire reputation is only based on service network. Most of Maruti's products are just light tin cans with zero star safety ratings. One should think carefully now and not just buy their cars by herd mentality.
Old 28th October 2017, 07:27   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These mistakes happen, but I am happy that someone actually has the guts to accept the flaw, make amends and move ahead.
What matters most is the acceptance of mistake by the people concerned. Had the people at Mandovi accepted their mistake, things wouldn't have snowballed into this. But with the arrogance shown, you can lose your customers. Thankfully, this attitude of Mandovi has helped people become more aware. Like Shashi said earlier, more than 90% of people visiting a service center go by the words of the advisors. So we need to be proactive.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 08:05   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wash is last thing on my mind.

But that is just me, you and few more may be? Majority of them see wash as service and a shiny car with polished sidewalls makes them happier
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Yea, what is this stuff..? Last month I got my i20 back from servicing. There was this sticky (gummy) stuff on the dashboard, which gave it a shine. I parked for 6-7H in the sun. Came back, all my glasses were fogged from inside. I worsened it by wiping with a cloth -- now it was all smudges. Finally had to buy a Bisleri and wash it off.
Quote:
This time I forgot and they applied it. The whole surface becomes sticky and shiny
I'm a guy who has OCD towards tidiness for the car

Let me help you understand what this is & why you guys hate it. Probably you can overcome this going forward or find alternatives.

Why apply plastic polish?
Plastics, especially black color on automobiles, tend to get faded or develop patchy white surface on continuously exposed to Sunlight (because of UV rays); so in order to prevent that we HAVE to protect the surface using a plastic polish. The polish not only protects the surface but leaves a rich looking surface as well.

Like any detailing products that are available from Rs 5 to Rs 50000, a good plastic polish costs atleast Rs 1000 for a good one (not for marketing, but sharing from my experience, I use Carpro PERL). This is 500 ml bottle that has a dilution rate (this is a concentrate to be diluted with water) easily lasts for 3 years on regular usage of once a month. And on tire surfaces, it's a direct application. I'll try & post the picture of my dash after applying it. Also remember, after applying on to the surface, it needs to be left for curing for say about an hour or so.

How the job goes bad
The dilution is what makes ASC happy; needless to say, for a 1:3 ratio, they may use 1:30 or even 1:300 Needless to say, they're damn cheap brands available here & leave the factor of protection & shine to your imagination. And in most cases, they might've just applied it on the dash just before handing over the car to the customer before curing takes place.

So the combination of all these obviously causes discomfort; as a person keen on detailing, I would say, this is also a shoddy job, just like skimped regular service using substandard products with non conformance standards.

Suggestion on alternatives
Best is ask them not to wash or clean & get this done at home or elsewhere

Otherwise ask them to clean up the interiors that's all, come home & do the job yourselves, it hardly takes 15 minutes as a novice & on regular practice not more than 5-7 minutes no matter how big is the car.

Or hand over the applicator pad/MF cloth + your favorite plastic polish to them & ask to apply on the surface right at the ASC

Last edited by aargee : 28th October 2017 at 08:07.
aargee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 08:37   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Best is ask them not to wash or clean & get this done at home or elsewhere

Otherwise ask them to clean up the interiors that's all, come home & do the job yourselves, it hardly takes 15 minutes as a novice & on regular practice not more than 5-7 minutes no matter how big is the car.
This is exactly what in did for my latest service. I specifically asked them to not apply anything in the dashboard. The last time, I almost had a accident due to the reflection of the shiny dash on the windshield. It was after this incident that I made and installed an anti reflective mat on the dash.

And true to their word - they did not even bother to lift up the mat to clean under it. But they did apply the sticky polish at other places including the gear knob and the door armrests
Old 28th October 2017, 15:40   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a demo/test drive car(Crysta) fitted with a Blaupunkt Dash Cam. So, dealers are also taking the dash cam route to monitor on how their sales reps/prospective customers are handling their test drive cars.

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img_20171026_132440262_hdr.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks