Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 15:19   #421
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
"As per our channel policy, till we get reaction from them we can't show their name.. And unfortunately yesterday nobody was there to react"

I guess they couldn't be bothered with this anymore and it's business as usual for the top car manufacturer in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Update: These mistakes happen, but I am happy that someone actually has the guts to accept the flaw, make amends and move ahead.
Have been following ROG-AK's post from day 1. Just sharing my experience. My Baleno also had gone for its second free service in Varun Motors, Bangalore, at exactly the same time as ROG-AK's Baleno went to Mandovi. Though I had raised some issues with the rear suspension and a rattling noise in dash, nothing was done to address those. In addition, a couple of scratches were done on the car when it was returned to me. So, when I called back complaining, they sent somebody to pick up the car and promised to resolve the issues. However, it again came back to me without anything being done, except rubbing/polishing on the scratches to make it look light. Dissatisfied, I wrote an e-mail to Maruti Suzuki explaining the incident, and surprisingly, I got a call from Mr. Ravi Nandan, Territory Service Manager of NEXA for Karnataka. He heard through the entire issue and assured me that he will look into it. In the next few minutes, I got a call from Varun Motors again asking about my complaint to Maruti Suzuki and they asked me to bring in the car ASAP. Now, I have left my car again yesterday, they took a look at all the issues, and have promised to address those without fail. Interestingly, they were taking photos of the car, including its chasis number, etc., and writing down all my comments in detail. When I asked why was that being done, they said Maruti Suzuki had asked for a report with visual images. I am going to get my car back tomorrow (Monday). What surprised me is the quick and prompt followup that Maruti Suzuki did in my case. I really appreciate their attempt in at least trying to resolve the issue.

@ROG-AK - taking the opportunity of a call from Mr. Ravi Nandan, I asked him about your incident at Mandovi. Though he didn't acknowledge clearly whether he was aware of it or not, he politely said any customer who approaches them with a concern related to any dealer or service center will be taken up with utmost seriousness. He further said Maruti Suzuki does not tolerate any deviation in its service standards from any dealer and they often make sure they reach out to each and every customer who approaches them with any kind of concern. When I mentioned to him about this being on social media, etc., he said they usually don't follow complaints through social media or other channels and instead address them directly with their customers. So, I am just curious if you had at any time written directly to Maruti Suzuki and still failed to get a response from them.

Thanks.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 29th October 2017 at 15:24.
shijanto4 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 03:13   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Yea, what is this stuff..? Last month I got my i20 back from servicing.
Generally they use diluted Waxpol or 3M dashboard polish. I have myself experienced that once, when they had smeared that all over a relative's Zen, and that car was standing out in the sun for 4-5 hours. The moment I sat inside, almost felt like choking-the smell was so horrible. Almost wished I could drive like this:

Name:  mr_bean_car_weypwhs.png
Views: 5060
Size:  129.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I have always gone with the car for service, be it free or paid and stay with the car for whole duration. My people always ask me why I stay but I've made it a point that I remain there for service. It saves me lots of headache. If you are buying a car, it's always better that we spare a day for service, once in 6 months. And that's doable.
That's the best practice. Always.

Quote:
Don't more customers complain about it?
Unfortunately, the aam-junta considers it as Attention to detail. I was once told by a person: Does your MASS pays so much attention while servicing? Guess what, his whole interior was oily, and that's what he took as attention to detail.

Quote:
What matters most is the acceptance of mistake by the people concerned.
True. The gesture of the owner truly touched me. He not only accepted and apologised, but also appointed people on the spot to ensure such things never happened in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post
What surprised me is the quick and prompt followup that Maruti Suzuki did in my case. I really appreciate their attempt in at least trying to resolve the issue.
From whatever I have experienced, MSIL and Toyota are the best when it comes to having control over its dealers. Trust me: This thread has gone up to the highest management at MSIL, and it is being followed on a daily basis. Every person related to MSIL directly or indirectly knows about this "Bangalore" incident. What is sad is that we didn't hear from them about the actions taken against the dealer.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 06:13   #423
BHPian

Quote:
.. he said they usually don't follow complaints through social media or other channels and instead address them directly with their customers. So, I am just curious if you had at any time written directly to Maruti Suzuki and still failed to get a response from them.

Thanks.
Not sure how far that's true, started getting all the calls etc. the next day after this thread went up. So since they were aware about it, I did not directly write to Maruti.
Old 30th October 2017, 06:45   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how far that's true, started getting all the calls etc. the next day after this thread went up. So since they were aware about it, I did not directly write to Maruti.
Hi ROG_AK, Since you are using Baleno RS, I would recommend lodging a complaint through the Nexa Helpline. It recently helped me a lot when a Maruti service centre held my vehicle for one month for want of a quarter glass on the rear passenger side and kept quoting that since IGNIS is a new vehicle parts are not that easily available.
Maruti TSM / Official did intervene although it is a different matter that the Service Center ended up goofing the matters despite that. In the end, their GM service did eventually visit me in person and accepted that lapses have happened against all common sense and apologized. So yeah, in my opinion, contacting Maruti Suzuki should help.
However, having driven a petrol Figo for over 1.8 Lac kilometers I would rate Ford's service experience much much higher compared to that of Maruti. For want of better engine option in 1.6 L diesel switched to Maruti but if Ford offers something in this category, I will be more than happy to make it my next vehicle.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 08:07   #425
BHPian

Quote:
If this issue has still not found its logical end and Mandovi is not budging, then it may be worth approaching Maruti Suzuki directly, even if NEXA helpline as suggested by roamer012. Generally, their response/solution rate has been good. Maybe all the calls and mails you received so far are from Mandovi Motors and their well-wishers. If you are still upset with this incident, would recommend talking to this person (Territory Service Manager, NEXA, Karnataka) who has assured serious action wherever required. Can share his number if needed.
Old 30th October 2017, 10:26   #426
BHPian

Quote:
I feel its always better to directly confront the main guys rather than deal with mediators if you want to be taken seriously. In my opinion, a direct e-mail/communication from your side to the parent company will go a long way in reaching a respectable solution to the matter at hand. This is just my 2 cents on the matter.
cunnuvila is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 11:22   #427
BHPian

Quote:
If this issue has still not found its logical end and Mandovi is not budging, then it may be worth approaching Maruti Suzuki directly..
Well there has been no communication from Mandovi after they sent the mail, guess they're not bothered about it anymore. When I met them last, they insisted on doing a system scan to check for any error codes which might be causing the petrol smell problem. I told them that would only be possible after Diwali since I would be traveling. They said they would call me after Diwali. Well, Diwali is over and no call.
Curious to know from Bhpians, what do you think is the logical end to this matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnuvila View Post
I feel its always better to directly confront the main guys rather than deal with mediators if you want to be taken seriously. In my opinion, a direct e-mail/communication from your side to the parent company will go a long way in reaching a respectable solution to the matter at hand. This is just my 2 cents on the matter.
The main guys were involved, got a call from the zonal Head of Nexa from Mumbai. Agreed that an email will go a long way.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:05   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Curious to know from Bhpians, what do you think is the logical end to this matter?
Intention of creating public awareness is met. You have done a great job at that.

You are not being bothered / pestered by Maruthi / Mandovi (to remove the video link) any more, as you mentioned that they have stopped calling.

If they are sensitive, they would have learnt their lesson by now. I hope so!!

Unless you want them to compensate for your time and the torture you have been through, at least mentally, this case is as good as closed IMHO. Unless they take any crazy step of filing a case, every-one can move on with life.

In case if they file a case against you, consider yourself lucky, for you are sure to hit a jackpot!!
Chethan B G is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 13:42   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keep moving, that's all. If you feel awkward or feel they might not give you best service at Mandovi, visit Bimal or Sagar or Pratham or Kalyani or Garuda; IMHO, best option would be Surakshaa car care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But that is just me, you and few more may be?
Quote:
I almost forgot about the cheap shiny stuff they have applied on the dashboard. Its impossible to drive that car out in the sun because of all that glare and reflection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Yea, what is this stuff..? Last month I got my i20 back from servicing. There was this sticky (gummy) stuff on the dashboard, which gave it a shine. I parked for 6-7H in the sun. Came back, all my glasses were fogged from inside. I worsened it by wiping with a cloth -- now it was all smudges. Finally had to buy a Bisleri and wash it off.
Quote:
This time I forgot and they applied it. The whole surface becomes sticky and shiny
Here's how the dash should nearly look after a day (used nearly because mine was applied few weeks ago) of applying a good plastic polish. Click on the pictures to get it enlarged for a closer inspection.
Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img_20171029_093853.jpg

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img_20171029_093913.jpg

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!-img_20171029_094027.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 1st November 2017 at 13:44.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:33   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Gotta hand it to MUL, there are geniuses running the show.

I am sure they would have admonished the dealership for handling the case the way they did. After which all this "take down the video" threats started by Mondovi. Maybe, they were thinking, this small success they can show to Maruti and save some face. Some heads would have rolled, make no mistake. It is just that, MUL may not come out in the open and acknowledge it.

They want to let this die a natural death. Media houses are not a problem, a month or two without MUL advertisements and they would happily remove the article/interview video. YouTube/T-Bhp are different. If they were to interact with you directly, it would provide more fodder and keep the thread fresh with updates etc, in turn, fetch even more eyeballs. Something the stupid dealership is not able to understand and tried to threaten you earlier.

End goal is achieved here - you made the masses aware who would now start at least questioning the service centres.
Dry Ice is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 14:49   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
They want to let this die a natural death. Media houses are not a problem, a month or two without MUL advertisements and they would happily remove the article/interview video. YouTube/T-Bhp are different. If they were to interact with you directly, it would provide more fodder and keep the thread fresh with updates etc, in turn, fetch even more eyeballs. Something the stupid dealership is not able to understand and tried to threaten you earlier.
Yes, right on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
...End goal is achieved here - you made the masses aware who would now start at least questioning the service centres.
Again, yes. It has achieved what it can. Don't expect anything more.
The awareness, publicity, interest it generated among Bhpians and more than that among others is tremendous. The thread is a success.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:55   #432
BHPian

The below video was posted by someone from Alapuzha, Kerala, where he alleges that the Wagon-R's battery was replaced with an old one by the NMC service center guys when the car was sent for servicing. (Narration by the owner is in Malayalam)
A350XWB is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:32   #433
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer in question was Premsons Motor, Ranchi
The dealer M/s Premsons Motor is in the news again. This time due to a verbal spat between the Showroom manager and a customer. No matter what the issue is, any customer shouldn't be treated like this:

This is their main road showroom at Ranchi, which has been mentioned earlier in the forum too by Senior BHPian Leoshashi:

Quote:
Prelude: BHPian sumitsinha0280 was looking to book a Baleno Petrol, and he wasn't much aware of the prices, variants and waiting period. He initially visited NEXA Main road, which is owned by M/s Premsons Motor on 9th May 2017, to enquire about the car. What he experienced there was nothing short of a nightmare. I won't be going into finer details as I wasn't there with him that day. But from whatever I could conclude, these were the shortcomings-

-No Valet service. Even if they have it on paper, the valet must be chilling out somewhere.

-Pathetic reception counter experience

-No brochures/pricelist/demo car offered

-It was a sort of self service: The showroom was deserted with no salesmen to take care of you.

-Upon showing his displeasure, he was offered some water, but no one to explain the variants, forget any test drive. They had run out of brochures.

-Apparently, they don't have a dedicated TD car. This is based on my own experience. When I had driven the 1.6 S Cross last year, it was an unregistered car.

He left the showroom dejected.
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ad-ranchi.html
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 22:29   #434
Senior - BHPian

The fact that the dealership in question did this in the first place is not a surprise. I seriously doubt the authenticity of the marks make in the manuals even in the good old days. I think at least half of them would have been just ticks.

In one of the free services the manual instructs that all suspension bolts should be retorqued. How many of these service centers have adequate number of torque wrenches for their mechanics? It just so happens that on a particularly unlucky day there is video evidence to support this. And not just Maruti, I think all the dealerships irrespective of brand are pretty much the same.

Not condoning this action by the service center in the least but what I find more disturbing than the fact that they did not service the car properly is how the technicians misused the car. Using its for eating, turning on the AC full on etc.

One thing that may make a difference is that video record of services are going to be enabled in Nexa service centers. Owners can view it as a real time stream or demand a copy of the video from the service centre. Remains to be seen how this plays out but this is a good initiative to retain the trust of their customers.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 4th November 2017 at 22:32.
shibujp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 09:35   #435
Senior - BHPian

Visited Mandovi motors (Hennur Rd) on Sunday morning for a small work on my Swift.

Noticed a marked change in behavior of the staff. I've been visiting this centre for 2-3 years now and most of times I end up waiting for half hour for someone to address my concern, especially if it is a Sunday morning.
This time I was attended to as soon as I went in and the technician took my car right away in to the bay.
This is a small service centre and the workshop is small with the waiting area and reception right next to it. I normally walk around in the workshop area when my car is there. This time the technician asked me to wait in the customer lounge which has a window to the service bay.
I stood there and watched, but later they called me inside to ask about the work I went there for and I hung around there without anyone asking me again.
Saw a notice which said no photos and videos allowed in the service bay.

Also to note was , I was the only customer there who had come for some ad-hoc work.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed