Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 16:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got my VW Vento from Global Gallarie Motors; dealer didn't pay road tax & has shut down. Now wha

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshk_GThead View Post
4. I did confirm and they had assured that the car wasn't a test drive/ display car and in the stock yard the car was completely locked and it even had those paint protection covers, so i was pretty sure, it wasn't a demo car.
How sure? Did you note down the vin number of the car in the stock yard and match it with the one delivered to you? Or are they both just the same colour? Besides, even if you did, how can you possibly be sure that nothing happened to that car within the 2 month period? Don't mean to put you down, but try and understand that with zero consumer protection laws, there are so many many ways for large companies to take you for a ride and fool you. Please go and file a complaint asap. Do you actually believe that after all these months, they will go and do your registration ever? I don't know if you are enamored by the owner's grasp of the language or what, but let me just tell you, that they knew exactly what they were getting you into when they took money for the car from you. They are crooks and they need to be frightened into doing the right thing otherwise they will never do it.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 30th October 2017 at 16:39.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 16:49   #17

Re: Got my VW Vento from Global Gallarie Motors; dealer didn't pay road tax & has shut down. Now wha

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
How sure? Did you note down the vin number of the car in the stock yard and match it with the one delivered to you? Or are they both just the same colour? Besides, even if you did, how can you possibly be sure that nothing happened to that car within the 2 month period? Don't mean to put you down, but try and understand that with zero consumer protection laws, there are so many many ways for large companies to take you for a ride and fool you. Please go and file a complaint asap. Do you actually believe that after all these months, they will go and do your registration ever? I don't know if you are enamored by the owner's grasp of the language or what, but let me just tell you, that they knew exactly what they were getting you into when they took money for the car from you. They are crooks and they need to be frightened into doing the right thing otherwise they will never do it.
Hi IshanIan, I appreciate your swift Response, the only thing I had checked was the VIN number, that it matched the one in the stockyard with the one on my car and you are absolutely correct that they must have absolutely known, that they are getting me into a mess, I should have been a little more vigilant. I would file a complaint with the Police and the consumer court ASAP. I am really worried, especially, knowing the fact that I had cancelled the booking for the car like Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha Petrol for this car. I have learned my lesson.
Thank you again for the concern.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2017 at 17:00. Reason: Typos. i -> I
Old 30th October 2017, 16:49   #18
BHPian

Really sad to hear about your experience with Global Gallarie. I bought my Polo from the same dealer in 2013, and then my wife's Grand i10 from the Andheri dealership in 2014. Our experience with them has generally been positive, to the extent that after I moved to Andheri in 2014 I used to drive my Polo down to Thane for servicing and repairs.

I hope your problem is solved soon.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 16:53   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Really sad to hear about your experience with Global Gallarie. I bought my Polo from the same dealer in 2013, and then my wife's Grand i10 from the Andheri dealership in 2014. Our experience with them has generally been positive, to the extent that after I moved to Andheri in 2014 I used to drive my Polo down to Thane for servicing and repairs.

I hope your problem is solved soon.
Hello, Thank you for the concern. Out of all the responses, I only see yours to be a positive one and that gives me a little bit of hope. I do hope that the issue is resolved, regardless of the fact that the 1.6 MPI engine is going to be phased out soon and it may not have been a wise decision on my part to still go ahead with it.
Old 30th October 2017, 16:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently, they did not have Trade Certificate under the new dealership, hence, they were delaying the delivery. Although, i personally think they were short on cash and hence were not able to pay the Road Tax to RTO...

They had given the temporary registration, just to clarify. Upon Inquring, was informed that temporary registration is valid only for 15 days
Ok, so I had a chat with my RTO contacts and here is what you can do. But first under whose name did you get the invoice? Global Gallarie or Noval? If it's the former, here are things you/they can do to get it right.

1. Goto the RTO office and try to get the temp registration extended. Pay the penalty for renewing it after the expiry. If office staff says not possible, try to speak with the RTO/ Dy. RTO and explain him your predicament.

2. Once you have extended the temp. registration, head to the showroom and ask about payment of tax/refund. The receipts given by you will be handy to show that you have paid them but the dealership has not forwarded the payment to RTO.

3. Meanwhile, pay the road tax in the RTO and get the number from your end. You might have to answer about the delay, but I'm sure RTO guys will listen to you. Do note that there could be penalties.

If it's the later, goto RTO and ask if they issued a trade certificate (TC) to Noval. If no, this means more trouble as a dealer can't sell cars without the TC. Approach the bank for help. You might have to lose the road tax amount paid to the dealership, but the bank has their TC through which it might just be possible to get the car registered.

*RTO in this case = dealer's RTO. The company may have the TC of the place of their stockyard and not their dealership address.

EDIT-

Quote:
Hence, I would approach the dealer's RTO and get the temporary registration extended ASAP. I hope I will be able to pay for the registration myself, even if that means, it would be a loss of money that I have already paid to the dealer, at least, the car would be safe and legal.
You can pay yourself. Just take all the documents.

Last edited by blackwasp : 30th October 2017 at 17:20.
blackwasp is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:12   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Ok, so I had a chat with my RTO contacts and here is what you can do. But first under whose name did you get the invoice? Global Gallarie or Noval? If it's the former, here are things you/they can do to get it right.

1. Goto the RTO office and try to get the temp registration extended. Pay the penalty for renewing it after the expiry. If office staff says not possible, try to speak with the RTO/ Dy. RTO and explain him your predicament.

2. Once you have extended the temp. registration, head to the showroom and ask about payment of tax/refund. The receipts given by you will be handy to show that you have paid them but the dealership has not forwarded the payment to RTO.

3. Meanwhile, pay the road tax in the RTO and get the number from your end. You might have to answer about the delay, but I'm sure RTO guys will listen to you. Do note that there could be penalties.

If it's the later, goto RTO and ask if they issued a trade certificate (TC) to Noval. If no, this means more trouble as a dealer can't sell cars without the TC. Approach the bank for help. You might have to lose the road tax amount paid to the dealership, but the bank has their TC through which it might just be possible to get the car registered.

*RTO in this case = dealer's RTO. The company may have the TC of the place of their stockyard and not their dealership address.
Thank you so much for the entire information. The debit note i have got during my delivery and all the receipts are under the name of "Global Gallerie Motors Pvt. Ltd.".
Hence, i would approach the dealer's RTO and get the temporary registration extended ASAP. I hope i will be able to pay for the registration myself, even if that means, it would be a loss of money that i have already paid to the dealer, at least, the car would be safe and legal.
niteshk_GThead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I had an eerie feeling about seeing something similar earlier. And look what I found - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ow-what-6.html

Though it is an old thread - do check it out and see if any of the advises can work in your case.

I hope you are able to get out of this mess soon. ATB!
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 09:44   #23
BHPian

Hi, sorry to hear about your ordeal with Global Gallerie. I would advice you to check your insurance copy too directly with your insurance company. Since, this dealer has also duped insurance companies of insurance premiums which runs right into above a crore rupees.

You might have the insurance copy with you but just check with your insurer whether Global Gallerie has paid the amount to them so that the policy can be made live in their systems and you wouldn't have to face any difficulty during an insurance claim.
Old 31st October 2017, 14:45   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery View Post
Global is a fraudster as I understand.
We bought a Vento via a DSA / Global Gallerie in 2013.

Global Gallerie took a ~Rs. 11,000 cheque for the extended warranty, but just kept the money and never actually registered the purchase of the extended warranty with VW!!

Did they shut down their VW Thane dealership around 2015?
Rehaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
We bought a Vento via a DSA / Global Gallerie in 2013.

Global Gallerie took a ~Rs. 11,000 cheque for the extended warranty, but just kept the money and never actually registered the purchase of the extended warranty with VW!!

Did they shut down their VW Thane dealership around 2015?
No. I believe they shutdown their VW showroom last week only. Atleast the media notification came in last week. My XUV used to go to GG workshop for servicing and the staff there used to reveal a lot about the management. I am not surprised by this outcome. Mahindra had suspended their dealership and removed their names immediately from all their car manuals. But GG still illegally continued servicing the cars so that their spare inventory gets consumed and very politely declined free services and warranty claims citing technical issue. Its really unfortunate to see some of us stuck so badly due to this.

Personally I believe it would mean some monetary loss but for sure there are legal provisions or set procedures to follow to get out of this situation. What stops VW to associate your car sale with another authorized dealer of theirs and regularize this sale.

Cheers
sumitdongerkery is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:08   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nitesh, unfortunately, you aren't alone.

Sunil John shares the following via email:

Quote:
Dear Sirs,

I am a regular guest of Team-BHP’s review section and have come across the thread “Got my VW Vento from Global Gallarie Motors; dealer didn't pay road tax & has shut down. Now what?”.

I am also undergoing mental agony like him.

Had booked a VW Vento Highline TSI DSG on 28th August with Global Gallarie Thane and made complete payment of the remaining amount on 28th September under the commitment that the delivery will be made within 10 days (that is 9th October).

However, the delivery did not happen on 9th October as promised, but my first EMI to VW Finance started for a car that is still in the possession of the dealer. The dealer kept changing the dates (at least 5 times) and the final date of delivery was committed through an email as 24th October.

After the mail assurance, I took the vehicle insurance from my side.

A day before the delivery, after speaking with them, I understood that they are planning to dump the car at my building without any registration (not even temp registration!!), since their trade certificate is not yet approved.

In such a case, I will not be able to drive the car on the road; rather, I will have to keep the car as a show piece only. I refused such delivery since I do not want to undertake warehouse services for them.

Had escalated the issue to VW indicating my state of mind and asked for a complete refund. Now, I do not want to end up with a car that is poorly stored at their stockyard on marshy soil since almost two months of landing, and is vulnerable to hidden storage damages which would pop up at any point of time during usage.

The customer relations head today indicated about the notice published by VW in TOI and also said that at least 8 such cases are there, and VW is closely working on settling the issue. He promises to deliver the car in a week’s time, may be from a different dealer after a complete inspection of the car for storage damages.

However my demand was for a refund, and not delivery.

Just because I have wrongly trusted them in the past, despite hearing very bad stories about VW's service and customer orientation, I do not want to continue trusting VW.

Can you guide me on how to proceed further on this ?
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 17:38   #27
BHPian

It seems to me that the owners of this dealership are long time offenders. There is another thread where a XUV went missing from their mahindra service station in 2013. Link

In 2013, they got their Mahindra dealership revoked and now they are having issues with their VW dealership. Hopefully VW works with the customers fast resolution of the deceit committed by the dealer under VW name.
Old 31st October 2017, 23:51   #28
BHPian

I'm trying to figure out, if there is any background check done by the car manufacturers, while choosing a dealer to represent them. From the looks of things, it seems there is no such system in place, which is kind of alarming.
Biohazard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 00:44   #29
BHPian

That is sad to here!

Registering yourself is easy. I did it myself. Expired temp is not an issue. They will add sime fine

But what about the 1 lac road tax that you paid to the dealer? What was their answer? File an FIR if they don't support or have a solution.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
That is sad to here!

Registering yourself is easy. I did it myself. Expired temp is not an issue. They will add sime fine

But what about the 1 lac road tax that you paid to the dealer? What was their answer? File an FIR if they don't support or have a solution.
That cannot be established unless the documents are in the favour of buyer. He has been extended significant discount on this sale (below the prevailing sale price of the car).
The records / documents may establish that dealer never charged the customer for RTO payments.
i74js is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks