Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2006, 20:00   #1
BHPian

Cielo service in Pune?

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice to get my Cielo serviced in Pune.
Anyone know of any good places?

Last time I got it serviced from Planet Ford, Satara road, and let me tell you that was the worst experience of my life. They are highly unprofessional folks, it took them almost 5 days to just service my car.
I had asked them to fix a few things and the side power window. They kept telling me that they were getting a new part from Mumbai for the window, and I told them multiple times to just do the rest of the stuff first and if the window remains unfixed then so be it.
After 5 days, they said the work was done and the window was fixed too. I went down there at 6pm, and guess what, they are still trying to fix the window, and have not fixed the other problems I told them about. Instead they go about changing all the coolant pipes, spark plugs etc. Btw, the car was still unwashed. I had to stick around till 9pm there and they finally got the window working(though not 100% smooth). Then they got some amateurs to wash the car, since the actual cleaners had gone home already. Ok finally they show me the bill, a bind boggling 7.5K, because of all the random stuff they replaced and the crazy labor charges.
They tell me to go and pay the bill while they clean the car and bring it around, I paid the amount and come out to find my car still wet and all the wheelcaps in the trunk.
I lost it right there and then, went straight to the GM of the dealership and gave him a piece of my mind. He started making excuses that this floor managers had gone home blah blah blah, leave the car here and I'll see tomm. what can be done. I had travelled 25 Kms to just pick up my car and that guy tells me to come back the next day. I yelled at him and took my car and left.
4 months after, the window they fixed with a 'genuine part' starts squeaking, and sometime later stops working at all.

What the hell is wrong with these folks?? How unprofessional and careless can they get? Are they not afraid of losing any customers?

So please find me a decent place to get my baby serviced.
Old 29th November 2006, 22:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Planet ford is now the dealer for ford india,so they do not care about daewoo customers feelings,go with a ford vehicle and you will immediately see the difference.Ford customers actually say the service there is very good.

They treat daewoo customers separately and ford customers separately,staff is also different for both the cars with all the unworthy guys doing the daewoo cars.The staff managing daewoo is skeletal,barely enough.They say they are fixing original parts but tell you they are the same any local garage would also put.The prices[spares,labour charges etc] for daewoo customers are all jacked up now.

You were treated better,I was literally kicked off from the place inspite of buying my daewoo from that very place.

Try getting rid of the car is all I can say.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 29th November 2006 at 22:10.
Old 29th November 2006, 23:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

The problem with servicing Daewoo cars is availability of spares.
Which generally is the main reason for delay in servicing Daewoo cars.

I have had good experience from Planet Ford in servicing Daewoo Matiz. Although repairing jobs used to get delayed due to unavailability of spares.

However last time (about two months ago) I was politely told that they won't be servicing Daewoo cars anymore.

@DuHasstMich: I can give you contact details of my mechanic but repairing jobs at his place too takes time mainly due to lack of spares.
Old 30th November 2006, 07:28   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33 View Post
@DuHasstMich: I can give you contact details of my mechanic but repairing jobs at his place too takes time mainly due to lack of spares.
Is this the guy who does Cielo's and Opel's, located near Cummins college?
Old 30th November 2006, 17:44   #5
BHPian

Actually I don't really need any repairs(I hope!), I am more interested in just getting the car serviced. I guess I'll have to live with the time delays anyway, since there is no other choice.
Any suggestions?
Old 30th November 2006, 19:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Is this the guy who does Cielo's and Opel's, located near Cummins college?
Yes its the same guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich
Any suggestions?
Check my PM
Old 30th November 2006, 21:29   #7
BHPian

hey thanks Adya, will check with him tomorrow.
Old 17th July 2007, 17:15   #8

Need Cielo service too

Hi!

I've recently shifted base from Bangalore to Pune.

I just had a problem with my Cielo (1997). It was working perfectly fine when suddenly the gears stopped getting engaged! It happened while I was driving!

The garage who takes care of my vehicle in Bangalore says it has to be a minor fault.

It's like the wheels move even while the gears are engaged and the vehicle behaves as if the clutch is depressed (the engine RPMs rev up but the car wont move). All this happened when the car had been working properly with NO earlier fault at all! It had got serviced just a month back in Bangalore.

I want a total reliable service where they may replace whatever parts they want and may take their time but do it all reliably.

Please tell me if this fault is a major one and where can I get a comprehensive service.

Thanks a lot.

Santosh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks