Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 13:29   #61
BHPian

Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
In the said picture we know who is that person standing near the jaguar. Otherwise seeing the attire we might think he is some good looking Chauffeur cum Bodyguard standing near the boss' car.
Slippers are not at all a problem unless they are dirty with mud and tar. It is the latest cool fashion in town which is comfortable on weekend getaways. In short you should look neat and tidy in whatever attire you wear be it casual or formal.
Even our honorable CM of Delhi can be seen promoting Slippers.

Last edited by roby_dk : 1st December 2017 at 13:33.
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 13:36   #62
Team-BHP Support

One Question, why is the video being circulated after so much time has lapsed?

Is it possible that Landmark has laid off some of the employees already and one of them has uploaded the vide, like the Indigo case
Old 1st December 2017, 14:00   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
One Question, why is the video being circulated after so much time has lapsed?

Is it possible that Landmark has laid off some of the employees already and one of them has uploaded the vide, like the Indigo case
Looks like the employees have been terminated -

"A source close to the development revealed, "The customer was misbehaving with the lady staffs and was abusing them. So police were called and the customer was taken to the police station, where he later apologized. But at the same time, the staff was terminated, who was involved in the physical fight."

However - the video seems to have been shot by a friend of the owner. I'm surpised why he didn't try to stop shooting and help out his friend though.

Source -

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...fight/61873628

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st December 2017 at 14:03.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 15:40   #64
BHPian

Why are the employees recording the getting thrashed up. Anyway the premises must be under CCTV surveillance, so establishing what happened well be easy.
But it looks like a few individuals have a difference and settling it the old fashioned way.
The Jeep dealership needs to apologize to the victim.
Old 1st December 2017, 15:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
Why are the employees recording the getting thrashed up.
this was inside a cabin so no idea if CCTV covered that area. It is possible that the person recording was anticipating a backlash/ reaction from the victim. This could have then be used against the victim.

There is a conspiracy theory, if anyone is looking for one
Old 1st December 2017, 16:21   #66
BHPian

With their jackets and all, they look like bouncers, don't they?

I agree with several others - those who touched him should be sent to jail, regardless of what the customer did to provoke them. They have no business wearing those suits and selling cars. Of course, it won't happen in India. Punishing the customer if he did provoke is another matter, but we don't have the details to discuss that.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 16:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Though it could be either way - a possible customer with slippers and somebody for time pass coming in suit. Try entering a star hotel with slippers - Louis Vuitton might work.
Utterly OT: Been there, done that, have entered posh hotels in my slippers costing ~300 bucks, was not refused entry. Maybe specific pubs/hotels who have a dress code will refuse, and that's fine. As GTO mentioned, as long as it isn't vulgar, dress code is overrated, especially when you are the customer
arvind71181 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 16:39   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Source -
Look at the headline:
Quote:
FCA Jeep dealer caught up in verbal fight
Gives a completely different picture as if it's just another incident limited to heated arguments and abuses. ET is afraid of losing Jeep's ad money I guess.

OT: The laws in this country are so biased and they have been misused so many times that anyone who brings in woman's angle (like the Landmark fakers in this case) is seen with suspicion. Heck, that kind of sealed my mind that the dealer is at fault here. It is a dangerous trend as it may lead to genuine incidents being ignored or seen with suspicion.

Last edited by theredliner : 1st December 2017 at 16:42.
theredliner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 17:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

I am so aghast after seeing those videos.

How can you every treat a customer like this.? I have been in to customer service since long and would never think of doing something like this.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 00:27   #70
BHPian

The victim being a politician, I can only imagine what he said/did that prompted such an extreme reaction from the showroom staff. Looks like they came in to exact revenge. I love revenge stories, but this is a place of business and anything bad that happens in the premise would reflect poorly on it, especially when a customer is involved. They should have shown the maturity to take the action out of the dealership. Maybe met up somewhere else. But then some people hate to wait to give it back.

Fiat should do some real damage control if it has to get out of this mess. There are in a situation where they can't make anymore mistakes.
Old 2nd December 2017, 00:41   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Utterly OT: Been there, done that, have entered posh hotels in my slippers costing ~300 bucks ... ... ...
Beats me. My favourite comfortable shoes are currently Bata-bargain-counter chappals at about Rs.350, and I go everywhere in them. I don't expect to have to pass a footware exam! When I know I am going to have to leave shoes outside, I wear different ones. Actually, they cost more, but are not as comfortable. I've lost expensive shoes like that, and don't care to loose my comfortable ones.

Maybe this is what this whole thing was about: If you want to be our customer you'd better do something about those shoes/wear a tie/get a haircur...

Closer to topic. Any business has the right not to accept somebody's custom. Any business has the right to insist that a person leave their premises. These things do not break the law: hitting them does. The human/ethical law as well as the actual criminal one.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:55   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

A lot of water has flowed down the Yamuna on this topic and every angle of view has been covered. I am not condoning the beating or behavior of either party. But allow me to offer a slightly different perspective. We are measuring a reality of life in North India through the lens of the educated upper economic strata professional. We members of T-BHP are from a very narrow spectrum of Indian society. Our values sadly don't apply in many other strata of society. The truth is that in many parts of North India, hamari dilli included, abusive behavior is common, doling out political weight throwing happens and occasionally a tight slap and thump balances the equation. After all here everyone knows the next door neighbor of the brother-in-law of the Prime Minister's P.A.

I am a very passive mellow person. Don't get me wrong. This behavior on both sides is not correct but it is not uncommon either so why pontificate. Only difference in the last 10 years has been the proliferation of cameras. Human behavior in our feudal environment will take another 1.5 generations to change. All told my empathy is with the customer. Jeep will need to develop a better customer engagement strategy!
V.Narayan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 09:23   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the employees have been terminated -

"A source close to the development revealed, "The customer was misbehaving with the lady staffs and was abusing them. So police were called and the customer was taken to the police station, where he later apologized. But at the same time, the staff was terminated, who was involved in the physical fight."
Contradictory ! The quoted part says customer mis-behaved, and was taken to the station. This would indicate his fault. So why are staff being penalized here ?

Btw, does any one have any clip of the customer's behaviour ?

If the owner's friend shot the video, why only this part ? Unless there is proof of the customer's behaviour, Landmark staff is at fault.

Even if there is, the customer was aggrieved. What did Landmark do to resolve it ? Either before, or when the customer came to the dealership on that day ?
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:23   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I remain amused by how easily the auto rags are bought out & remain faithful to their advertisers. If a manufacturer launches a new stickered variant, they'll be the first to cover it. It's like a race to see who publishes first.

But this incident? Nada (despite Jeep & Landmark sending statements to everyone).

Renault Captur deceitful ad? Nope.

Kawasaki not delivering bikes after taking money? Only a small number did, that too after a long delay.

Skoda dealership frauds? You got to be kidding me.

This is NOT journalism - they are merely part of a news distribution network. Big difference between the two.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd December 2017 at 10:24.
GTO is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:22   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I remain amused by how easily the auto rags are bought out & remain faithful to their advertisers.
That's the difference between being an enthusiast and being a content creator for an ABC company.

Even if they indulge in rat race, the reviews are never complete and are far from real world ownership and driving experience - forums do offer what is close to real ownership and they do it for the personal satisfaction of contributing members.

We won't take your money and we won't be biased - as simple as it sounds.
VKumar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks