Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 14:25   #16
BANNED

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

Absolutely pathetic to say the least, this is a clear cut example of 'cheating' from the dealers end and 'deficiency in service' from ISUZU's.

Is this the case only with foreign providers or do indigenous manufacturers also behave the same? Asking as I recall dissatisfaction expressed by consumers of Indian brands but do not recall anything of this degree.
Old 26th December 2017, 16:27   #17
BHPian

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

This dealer also got his Ford dealership revoked last month with similar paper notices by the respective companies. I think they had one big showroom on main highway at Wakad.

I also think Viraaj Skoda is owned by this group and had read about possible problems there to in one of the threads on teambhp.

Buyers should be cautious and check before buying.

Related thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...aji-nagar.html
neerajdan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yes, clear indication that Sai Sakshi group is in financial troubles. I tweeted to Skoda India about the recent shutdown of Viraaj Skoda 3S centre at Wagholi and got a response that new dealer will be announced shortly.

I am not sure, how long they will sustain their operations for Skoda.

Last edited by F150 : 26th December 2017 at 17:45.
Old 26th December 2017, 17:52   #19
BHPian

Doesn't Isuzu maintain a security deposit before allotting dealerships? What is stopping Isuzu from delivering a vehicle from the deposit? I don't see how is that bad for Isuzu.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:54   #20
BHPian

Now this is an eye opener. company like Isuzu is surely going to get hurt with their response they gave in this matter. Completely denying their role in this, I guess then they should not use the word 'Authorised' Dealer.

Also I fail to understand when the Dealer gave them a list of pending delivery in which your name is there and the amount paid by you is the highest among all, so why cant they transfer this case to some other dealer and deliver the veicle?

Also I think this also teaches us to wait for the delivery day of the vehicle before transferring the whole amount, whether through loan or upfront, pay and pick the vehicle. The law has to take care of the consumers. I hope you get a speedy justice to this complicated case.
Old 26th December 2017, 20:37   #21
BHPian

Maybe a very stupid question, but in such cases what if the customer stops paying EMIs?
Old 26th December 2017, 20:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Maybe a very stupid question, but in such cases what if the customer stops paying EMIs?
Customer cannot do that. He will be getting in a direct conflict with the bank. Until and unless the court instructs the customer to stop paying the EMI, he cannot do that.

On a different note, Isuzu washing their hands off the case is an absolute pathetic show. Instead of helping the customer, they are just putting the dirt under the carpet without realizing that this is giving a bad name to the brand.
Old 26th December 2017, 21:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
  1. Bank can tap into salary accounts / FD to recover EMI . News on this
  2. This will show up in CIBIL report. Large MNCs now have CIBIL check as part of employment screening.
  3. Adverse CIBIL will make getting another loan difficult in future
  4. For a 12 Lakh loan, bank can also attach other assets (such as home. shop etc) after taking proper legal route
NetfreakBombay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 23:35   #24
BHPian

Doesn't paying EMIs mean that your car is registered and Bank has all car documents with them?
Also your receipts say you have zero dep. insurance, So can you claim insurance for stolen/missing car?

If possible you can also sue bank representative for fraudulent disbursement of loan. It is job of bank to make sure that they have all necessary details before disbursing amount to dealers account.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th December 2017 at 17:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged
pravint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 00:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
If possible you can also sue bank representative for fraudulent disbursement of loan. It is job of bank to make sure that they have all necessary details before disbursing amount to dealers account.

I don't think bank or bank rep can be sued. Bank pays the dealer only after customer's consent. Banks take customer's signatures on various mandates which most of us ignore and move on. Only at times like this we realise the commitment we have got ourselves into. Nevertheless I sincerely hope Tapaswi gets due justice soon.

Last edited by theMAG : 27th December 2017 at 06:58. Reason: Typo fixed. "love"="move"
Old 27th December 2017, 07:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
There must be a form inside the loan file, where customer has signed that he is satisfied with the car, and that the car has been delivered. Most of us often sign it before the actual delivery.
But the OP shouldn't have processed loan until, at least he saw the car for PDI.
Great lesson learned for everyone !
However I am hopeful that Isuzu will deliver the car from other dealer.
It is about time that they change their stupid line of thought and start thinking about Customer Experience.

Last edited by F150 : 27th December 2017 at 07:27.
Old 27th December 2017, 08:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
We as a motoring community should wholeheartedly support Mr.Tapaswi in his fight against the erring dealer.

We should spread the news via all the possible social forums so that prospective customers are aware of what they are getting in to.

We should boycott Isuzu vehicles till they establish Company Owned Company Operated dealerships (COCO) across our country as have blatantly refused to take responsibility of the very dealer they had APPOINTED to sell their very own vehicles.

We should also plan a peaceful dharna with placards in front of their corporate office at Vadapalani,Chennai to garner media attention.

Waseem.
Its Shocking ! All said and done ISUZU can not wash its hands off. I agree with Waseem. Need a campaign ( On line as well as physical ) against ISUZU.

Stopping the Instalments is a Bad Idea.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st December 2017 at 11:55. Reason: Typo
Old 27th December 2017, 09:24   #28
BHPian

Only a face to face discussion with Isuzu's officials across table will bring about a solution.
Old 27th December 2017, 09:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

There have been multiple cases of dealership fallout reported in the last one year. The trend is also getting pronounced with marginal market players.

This clearly indicates one thing that several manufacturers with small %age of overall market share do not keep sufficient security deposit against the inventory provided to the dealership. Also they have fewer controls over the dealership to the extent that they do not even access the audited annual P&L statement of the dealer to understand the financial health of the party who is the interface between manufacturer and the buyer.

This is alarming ! Does this mean that the tradition to transfer money to the dealership before delivery should be stopped or there should be a third party payment gateway or banking system should find a place (something similar to paypal may be?)

I am scared and so will be other members. Are there any set procedures that can be defined in the law for transactions beyond certain threshold and why in this case a customer court is being approached? this is clearly criminal case and not just deficiency of service.
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 10:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
There have been multiple cases of dealership fallout reported in the last one year. The trend is also getting pronounced with marginal market players.
This will increase further. Negligible sales margin from manufacturers is making sale un profitable. Those without service to cross subsidise are deep in the red, one doesn't even earn enough to justify the rent of the property one sits on.

Quote:
This is alarming ! Does this mean that the tradition to transfer money to the dealership before delivery should be stopped or there should be a third party payment gateway or banking system should find a place (something similar to paypal may be?)
Who will trust the third party, no one will neither customer nor dealer. Today small business owners like me are facing issues with banks. Banks sanction loan to their customers, supplier supplies against the sanction, some even take LC's against it and import said goods. We supply to the customer who signs receipt of material, and then bank doesn't disburse the payment siting some issue between themselves and their customer.

Quote:
I am scared and so will be other members. Are there any set procedures that can be defined in the law for transactions beyond certain threshold and why in this case a customer court is being approached? this is clearly criminal case and not just deficiency of service.
My policy is to book with a token amount, then pay balance only when vehicle is ready for PDI, just before invoicing and starting RTO formalities.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed