Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 12:15   #61
BHPian

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

How can ISUZU so blatantly refuse/ rebut its involvement on the basis that it has only a principal to principal contract with its dealers.

1. Aren’t the dealers working as agents/representatives of the Automobile Companies?
2. If not so then are the customers allowed to contact ISUZU directly to book and take the delivery of the vehicle.

The customer is forced to go through the dealership as the Automobile Manufacturers do not transact with the customer directly and only through its dealerships thereby making themselves accountable for acts done by dealer on their behalf, which includes booking, delivery and service of vehicles.
Old 30th December 2017, 15:08   #62
BHPian

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

IMO, Isuzu has done all of us a favor. There is no way they will be able to justify their lack of responsibility, and this case will set a judicial precedent for the relationship between manufacturer and dealer for future.

Let's see if they buckle, like Kawasaki, and settle the matter or let the matter run its course. Lose-lose for them.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 11:46   #63
BHPian

Man this is shocking.I was planning to buy the V cross. Isuzu you lost a customer there. People should boycott all Isuzu products to teach this company a lesson.
mh09ad5578 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 23:05   #64
BHPian

Nothing strange in the audacity of the company washing its hands off. I am just wondering how the owners who have been scammed are so casual and content with just a consumer court case when they have such a classic situation where they can file criminal cases. Like this incident as well as below incidents

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-now-what.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lar-rapid.html

The strength of the strong lies in the weakness of the weak. I really fail to understand what is stopping these guys from filing a criminal case when it is in no way going to interfere with their consumer court case. Had I a chance, I would have filed all possible cases against such fraudsters.
bikerzindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 10:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post

Dealers or many business men behave like this if there is no proper tight control (like Maruti & Hyundai). That is what as a company you are to protect your customers from these kind of dealers.
Who says Maruti has tighter control. Many years ago we had booked 2 Swift Dzire with Millenium motors Pune, cars were not allocated or delivered for over 2 years, and few visits with strong words only got our booking amounts back, no interest on booking amount.

This dealership later closed down their Mercedes and Maruti showrooms, and were later selling Honda 2 wheelers.

Rahul

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st January 2018 at 11:00. Reason: Typo
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 15:21   #66
BHPian

This is so sad, I was saving up for my VCross this year, not anymore. Will wait for Toyota Hilux now.
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:44   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) drops the following advice. Thanks for sharing man!

Quote:
Would like to add my view on the same which might be helpful to the consumer.

Customer can file legal suit for the same, but he should have opted for criminal proceedings (not civil).

This is a clear case of cheating and under section 420, 420(B) if warrant was issued against the MD of the dealership and Isuzu India, then it would have been settled immediately.

Also, for your reference, many dealers of Isuzu are of Skoda, so definitely mishandling would be a part of the process.

I fail to understand whether Isuzu has lost it or isn't interested in the safeguard of its reputation for not responding on the same, and also appointing Skoda dealers as Isuzu dealers.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:57   #68
BHPian

Wow. Amazing to see a supposedly decent company loosing customer base so rapidly like this. Especially for niche products like the ones on offer by Isuzu, public opinion on social media forums like this one is vital. And Isuzu is just getting murdered here.
All Isuzu's own doing. Rest in peace.
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) drops the following advice. Thanks for sharing man!
It's not easy to file a Criminal Case for financial crimes as an FIR is a must and knowing police it's very difficult to get the right FIR filed. A better option is to file an NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal) case against the said dealer to liquidate their assets to recover the dues. NCLT has been very effective in such cases and I have personally benefited from it against a big Japanese brand name. The only disadvantage is that you won't get consequential damages which a Consumer Court may award along with legal fees. I have a lawyer in Bangalore who helped us but I am sure you can easily find a good lawyer in Mumbai too.
Old 2nd January 2018, 19:27   #70
BHPian

I read this recently on another post, that one can file a complaint via registered post, and that the duty police officer cannot ignore it. They usually respond with a FIR number.
Old 2nd January 2018, 21:50   #71
BHPian

File a case of cheating against the dealer and Isuzu.
Stop paying EMI's and ask the bank to 'seize' the car.
Olympal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 08:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
File a case of cheating against the dealer and Isuzu.
Stop paying EMI's and ask the bank to 'seize' the car.
This will expose blackwasp to a further case of financial wrongdoing against the bank. The bank has granted a loan based on blackwasp's economic standing, not the dealers ability to deliver a vehicle. Also, this will kill off the CIBIL rating of the individual, make it difficult if not impossible.

What the bank should have done is do the due diligence of verifying the physical vehicle etc before disbursing the loan. However, given the verification was not done, now the bank is unlikely to shoulder responsibility for the dealers fraud.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 08:56   #73
BHPian

Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu V-Cross. Dealer shuts down, Isuzu washes its hands...

An amicable solution looks in sight soon. Hopefully all will be well for both and Isuzu can do some damage control.

From a reliable source.

Last edited by tazmaan : 4th January 2018 at 08:57.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 09:48   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
This will expose blackwasp to a further case of financial wrongdoing against the bank. The bank has granted a loan based.
Blackwasp is not the affected person, he is from TeamBHP support. Nevertheless, your point is valid the bank should insist to see the vehicle before disbursing the loan.

Still, the stealerships will some workarounds but it may reduce the incidents.

Last edited by ajmat : 15th January 2018 at 10:20. Reason: Blackwasp, not Blackswap
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 09:55   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
An amicable solution looks in sight soon...
Has an amicable solution been reached so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Blackswap is not the affected person...
Thanks for the correction, Should have read the first line of the thread more carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Still, the stealerships will some workarounds...
True, while the banks are supposed to file a photo of the actual vehicle before delivery and after registration. All dealerships and banks try to come to an understanding to avoid physical verification of the vehicle. Works in most cases, but sadly not all.

Know above from personal experience when the bank didn't send someone for post registration verification as it was a Sunday and then the bank started following up with me to get a photo to put on their file, apparently an audit was due at the bank. Thankfully, worked out for all involved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks