Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2017, 10:38   #46
BHPian

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

Shocking.

On second thoughts, its really difficult to expect anything better from dead / hopeless brands like Isuzu in India. The sorry state of affairs is completely Isuzu's doing IMO. They have done precious little to invoke customers faith in the brand in India, which shows in the number of dealerships they have all over India despite being around for so long. The lesser said about the sales figures the better.

And this incident really takes the cake. Whatever little faith people still have in Isuzu will take a good beating.

Isuzu really needs to be taught a lesson here for trying to wash their hands off. Like Aasim mentioned in a post above, you should immediately initiate criminal proceedings against both the dealership as well as Isuzu.

Good luck and hope to see you get your money back ASAP.
Old 28th December 2017, 12:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

Money control has published a story on the same. Looks like the news is getting attention from other media as well.

Quote:
Buying a dream car is one of the happiest moment for many of us. However, for a Pune resident, the experience was nothing short of harrowing...
Link
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 13:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Money control has published a story on the same. Looks like the news is getting attention from other media as well.

Link
From the article :

Quote:
Isuzu car bought for Rs 15 lakh but not delivered, company says have nothing to do with it

In an alleged case of fraud, an Isuzu India dealer in Pune took a payment of over Rs 15 lakh from a customer for a D-Max V-Cross pick-up truck but failed to deliver the vehicle.

When the matter was raised to the company, Isuzu Motors washed its hands of the responsibility.

Harshvardhan Tapaswi, 37-year-old Pimpri-Chinchwad resident later filed a case against Isuzu Motors India and Viiraaj Isuzu in the District Consumer Forum, Pune and the second hearing in the case is due in January 2018.

In a telephonic conversation with Moneycontrol, Harshvardhan Tapaswi’s younger brother Shrivardhan Tapaswi said, "In July, we had asked for a quotation from the local Isuzu Motors dealer Viiraaj Isuzu for its D-Max V-Cross model. Consequently, in August, we booked the vehicle for purchase from the dealer, which is run by M/s Sai Sakshi Auto World Pvt. Ltd."

Warning the dealer that by not servicing the requirements of the mentioned customers it was risking Isuzu Motors’ reputation, the company had sought a full report. “If we do not see positive action on the above by 24 August ’17, IMI (Isuzu Motors India) will be constrained to adopt measures to protect the interests of these prospective customers,” the letter reads.

Isuzu Motors India didn't respond to Moneycontrol's queries at the time of publishing this report.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th December 2017 at 00:03. Reason: Keeping the fair-usage-policy in mind, it is best to share an excerpt of the original article. Thanks
SILVERWOOD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 15:53   #49
BHPian

Another classic case of a foreign automobile company washing it's hands off, thereby making the customer run from pillar to post for his money.
It is worth giving it a thought that the bank executives are hand in glove with the dealership.

I was spearheading the campaign against India Kawasaki Motorcycles as the company refused to acknowledge us as customers after we group of 14 guys paid in full to the dealer. The bank guys knew that the dealership had issues and that the bikes havnt been delivered for 6 months. In spite of that, to achieve their targets, they kept disbursing loan amnts to unsuspecting customers.

Now, what is happen is the bank will keep asking for money every month from customer as based on the customers request, the bank has disbursed the loan to the dealership. The customer will have to pay up every month, follow up with the dealership, keep calling the company executives, and nothing will happen.

Consumer court will take 2-3 years to give a judgment. Hope the customer finds justice soon.
Turbotechnixx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 15:54   #50
BHPian

Independent of what the dealer has done, it is more shocking to see Isuzu India washing their hands of the entire episode. As has been mentioned by several members on this forum, we as customers, believe that we are dealing with the manufacturer when we interact with the authorized dealer.
I am wondering if it makes sense to escalate the issue to Isuzu Japan, even while Shrivardhan may be considering criminal proceedings against Isuzu and the dealer.
Here is a link to one of the press releases, which has the names of two senior executives, possibly involved in the India operations:

http://www.isuzu.in/imi_plant_inauguration.html

Mr. Masanori Katayama, President, Isuzu Motors Limited

Mr. Hiroyasu Miura, Chairman, Isuzu Motors India Pvt. Ltd.

General email-Id: info@isuzu.co.jp

Hope the issue is resolved expeditiously in the interest of the buyer and the manufacturer.
Old 28th December 2017, 16:07   #51

Pathetic and worst way to treat the customer to say the least. 15+ Lac is a huge amount to invest and then getting nothing out of it is really disheartening. Considering the judicial system of our country one can only pray for some miracle to get something out of it. Sharing this article and all others which would teach this dealer and ISUZU a tough lesson.

ISUZU? You just got very good publicity here which will impact your sales numbers for sure.

One naive question though, When I took loan for my car before disbursement of loan from my bank I had Chassis/engine/Vin number in my hand, was he not given this information. I am not sure about the cars whose waiting queue is huge. Even before disbursement I visited their stock yard and saw the car physically and verified VIN number with the car.

Last edited by GTO : 30th December 2017 at 11:10. Reason: typos
NishantKj is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 28th December 2017, 16:26   #52
BHPian

If this can help you ...... sourced from Registrar of Companies
Company Name ISUZU MOTORS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
SIVARAMAN RAVINDRAN - sivaraman.r@isuzu-india.com
Old 28th December 2017, 23:21   #53
BHPian

Isuzu or for that matter any company doesn't just award dealerships to people and ask them to set up premises and go on selling. There would have been a process where they would have collected some sort of security deposit from the dealership which in the event of unexpected disputes or dealership closures would be returned back after all pending liabilities have been cleared which should take at least a few months from dealership closure. Isuzu should settle this with that amount.

Also, i don't understand how can customers give payment before they receive the car. All the sweet talk, assurances and promises by sales boys is only till your money is in their hands.

In my last purchase i went and saw the car, liked it. Tried negotiating a bit. I knew i was already getting a better deal. Walked away only to return the next evening with a DD and asked them to get the car ready for delivery. No advance or booking amount, no prior intimation, nothing. The dealer manager himself was surprised with this unexpected booking. Who would say no when you are giving a DD in hand? All the dealership staff rushed to ensure smooth delivery and finished all formalities in around 2 hours.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 00:22   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

When a company acts this way, government should just ban that company for doing any more business in this country. Only if politicians and judicary can take some steps for the people who vote, and show some spine and resolve, no company would dare act like this.

Hopefully justice is delivered to Mr.Tapaswi, and not only does he get his money back, but also get the offenders behind bars.

Last edited by AtheK : 29th December 2017 at 00:23.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 14:44   #55
BHPian

I fail to understand how hard is it for companies to realize what is at stake with such negative publicity to an upcoming brand. Especially when you are a niche/ fringe player in the market! Even if it is a loss of 15 lacs to Isuzu (which it isn't! With all the legal resources available, they can squeeze out the last penny from the defaulted dealer) they are better off resolving the issue than letting it fester across social media and become a permanent record of their callousness.

I am sure any brand manager with half a brain cell can calculate the cost of negative publicity versus giving away a new car. Let alone the value of positive publicity.

Not sure if i am missing something! Its not like a dealer defaults every month!!
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 17:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I fail to understand how hard is it for companies to realize what is at stake with such negative publicity to an upcoming brand. Especially when you are a niche/ fringe player in the market!
If Isuzu was not already a dead player in the Indian car market, this act of theirs would definetely go a long way in being one of the first nails in the coffin for them.
Old 29th December 2017, 17:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

This could have been avoided by the buyer, if he was careful enough. This is what I did when I purchased a car recently -
  • Did the paperwork of the loan all by myself, without involving the dealer's agent in it.
  • Asked SBI (Loan provider) not to disburse the loan without my consent - I would have to sign off the disbursal note, otherwise the dealer isn't getting a penny.
  • Demanded the dealer to show me the car with the exact VIN number which was assigned to me post-booking.
  • When the car came to the yard, the sales guy drove me to their yard and allowed me to inspect the vehicle fully.
  • Next day, the vehicle was taken to do temporary registration formalities. At the same time, I went to SBI to sign off the loan disbursal.

Usually the dealer will put a lot of pressure to disburse the loan with no sign of the promised vehicle anywhere on the horizon. Never succumb to that pressure tactics.

Last edited by clevermax : 29th December 2017 at 17:26.
clevermax is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 18:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Shocking. On second thoughts, its really difficult to expect anything better from dead / hopeless brands like Isuzu in India.

Isuzu is indeed "dead", I've posted a link of this thread on their FB wall Isuzu D-Max V-Cross some two days ago and they're yet to take it down!!
Durango Dude is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 01:35   #59
BHPian

After reading this whole episode,I would say it is a complete fiasco by ISUZU.

Dealers or many business men behave like this if there is no proper tight control (like Maruti & Hyundai). That is what as a company you are to protect your customers from these kind of dealers. We are not car dealer's customer, we are Car manufacturer's customers. In one sentence I would term Isuzu as 'Penny Wise Pound Foolish'.
15-16 Lakhs is nothing when compared to taking a big dent in brand perception. This dent will be like a birth mark for Isuzu in India and will haunt forever while in India.

I really wonder what could be the thoughts running in the big heads brains @ Isuzu, when they take these kind of miserable suicidal steps. They lost a golden opportunity to win customers hearts & loyalty and instead saved mere 15 Lakh rupees....Isuzu you Kamikazed for wrong reasons & will be remembered as a moron than a martyr.
G V Krishna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 06:53   #60
BANNED

I'm thinking of ordering a 10,000/- dash cam from Singapore but am hesitant because I'm doubtful on whether I will be getting the device without hassles. To be facing the same level of uncertainity with a car costing 15lacs is a big turn off for me. This is one of the worst ways to start a ownership, fraught with uncertainty at every excruciating step till the day of breathing that deep sigh of relief on not being necessary to wake up and stare at the white elephant every morning after having sold it off.

Can anyone tell me how to make sure that the car in the yard is allocated to us against the advance amount before proceeding for full payment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks