Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2017, 12:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

Shrivardhan Tapaswi shares his bad experience with the Isuzu brand.

On 28.7.17, he got a quotation from Viraaj Isuzu, Pune (M/s Sai Sakshi Auto World Pvt. Limited) for the V-Cross.
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-quotation.png

On 04.8.17, full payment of Rs. 15,29,760 was made including the loan amount from Axis bank. The car was booked in his brother’s name.
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-receipt-.jpeg

The dealer had promised delivery in 2 days post the loan disbursal. There was no sign of the car till September and the dealer shut shop in November.

A notice in the Times of India on the 16th of September stated the the said dealership was no longer authorised. But the booking and payment was done long before this.
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.06.14-am.jpeg

The harassed customer has now filed in a case in the consumer court regarding this grievance. The first hearing was on 20th December and the dealer didn’t turn up. Isuzu India on their part have replied that the company is helpless as the deal was between the customer and the dealership.
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-case-filed-consumer-court.png

Isuzu's reply:
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.03.42-am.jpeg
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.03.43-am.jpeg
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.03.43-am-1.jpeg
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.03.44-am.jpeg
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.03.46-am.jpeg

Emails written to the dealership as well as the senior staff at Isuzu India went unanswered or were brushed off. The dealership had promised to bear one EMI incase of delay, however, even that has not been done.
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-emi-mail.png
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-emi-reply1.png
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-email-dealer-1.png
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-email-imi.png
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-email-imi-2.png
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-email-imi-3.png
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-email-imi-4.png
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-mail-isuzu-cc.png

It has also revealed that in a letter dated 22.8.17, Isuzu India had asked the dealership about the status of about 10 pending bookings including that of Mr. Tapaswi.
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.07.29-am.jpeg
Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross-whatsapp-image-20171225-11.12.19-am.jpeg

The last line of the letter mentions “If we do not see positive action on the above by 24 August ’17, IMI will be constrained to adopt measures to protect the interests of the prospective customers.’

Are these your measures to protect the customer Isuzu? By washing hands of your responsibilities towards a customer who has paid his hard earned money? Please note that at the time of payment, the dealership was still the authorised one of Isuzu. Currently, the person is paying EMIs for a car that he hasn't even got his hands on.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2017 at 08:17. Reason: Owner - customer
blackwasp is offline   (90) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 13:55   #2
BHPian

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

Isuzu washing hands off is a shocker. How can they say the deal is between customer and dealer and that the company has no responsibility towards it. The ad in TOI states very clearly that the transactions only from September is invalid and this transaction is well before. At the outset, it looks like a open and shut case and I m not sure on what grounds Isuzu is denying it. I live in Chennai and can visit the registered office here on your friends behalf to have a face to face discussion with them, if required. Please let me know if you need any assistance from Chennai folks
mudhasir is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 14:50   #3
BHPian

re: Paid 15 lakhs for an Isuzu, but dealer shuts down. EDIT: Owner finally gets his V-Cross

Wrong time, wrong place, (assuming their was some conflict brewing between dealership and Isuzu) but for the right or best vehicle. Legal case will take time as the dealership itself must have filed cases to still be a Isuzu dealership. Social Media campaign is most effective medium to get the vehicle first.
ritz3645 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 14:57   #4
Team-BHP Support

In my case, the bank disbursed the loan to the dealership once it confirmed all the details of the vehicle to the bank. In this case how did the bank disburse the loan if the vehicle was not present at the dealership?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 25th December 2017 at 14:58.
BlackPearl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 15:02   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Will check in detail later, but here's a related thread - link.

Kawasaki learned it the hard way; Isuzu will too.
GTO is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 15:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
In my case, the bank disbursed the loan to the dealership once it confirmed all the details of the vehicle to the bank. In this case how did the bank disburse the loan if the vehicle was not present at the dealership?
Once loan is approved, bank waits for customer to give a go for disbursement generally. I always hold bank disbursement until dealer confirms physical availability of vehicle and until I do PDI. I then instruct Bank for disbursement and vehicle is taken for registration
mudhasir is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 15:27   #7
BHPian

Lot of similar stories surfacing about low volume players. The manufacturer themselves must ensure a deposit from dealerships before accepting them as dealers, just to deal with such incidents.

The ministry should also step in, like the way spare part availability for discontinued models have been legislated.

Last edited by crdi : 25th December 2017 at 15:28.
crdi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 16:31   #8
BHPian

In this age of powerful social media and alert citizens, if ISUZU wants to wash its hands off by simply disowning it, then it is causing itself more harm than it probably thinks. The dates on which the deal was made and the one on which the company disowns the dealership simply don't work any good for the company. But the sad part is the buyer has to spend his resources to get justice. If such is the company's attitude, then it won't do any sound business here.
skchettry is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 20:05   #9
BHPian

If Isuzu Motors is not responsible, then what does "Authorised" dealer stand for? . Ultimately the customer will end up in a sorry state before all this is sorted.
Gildarts is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 23:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Our company is owed more than 2.00 lakhs from this firm. We dont have high hopes of getting our payment back.

There was a time when we were owed over 10.00 lakhs but luckily something worked out and we got most of our money back.

This firm is a known fraud dealership. It's unfortunate that this person has got trapped.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 00:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

The petitioner also had an option of filing a criminal case under appropriate section(s) as this is a clear cut case of cheating.

I am not sure why he opted for civil remedy rather than criminal.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 07:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

"Justice delayed is justice denied": This saying works best for India; with so many cases pending before courts and some taking decades to resolve: this loophole is used by unscrupulous elements to buy time and get away. The companies that come here to do business also know this and will play by "Indian conditions". An individual against a company is always an uphill task and more so in India and it will take a huge toll on the individual, even though he may win eventually.
Durango Dude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 11:58   #13
BHPian

I specifically ask my bank to stop the loan disbursement till I give a go ahead. I first check the vehicle allotted to me, do a PDI and once I am satisfied I ask my bank to make the payment. This thread is precisely the reason I do that. I hope this is resolved as soon as possible.
Engine_Roars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 13:23   #14
BHPian

This is absolutely shocking. I always assumed that 'authorised ' dealership represents the principal company and any dealings with them are, infact, dealings with the principal. How else would one book a car otherwise? That ISUZU MOTORS is now washing its hands off completely is an eye-opener. This could happen to any consumer. We all must boycott ISUZU products till a solution has been reached to the total satisfaction of the consumer.
dr_anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 13:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

We as a motoring community should wholeheartedly support Mr.Tapaswi in his fight against the erring dealer.

We should spread the news via all the possible social forums so that prospective customers are aware of what they are getting in to.

We should boycott Isuzu vehicles till they establish Company Owned Company Operated dealerships (COCO) across our country as have blatantly refused to take responsibility of the very dealer they had APPOINTED to sell their very own vehicles.

We should also plan a peaceful dharna with placards in front of their corporate office at Vadapalani,Chennai to garner media attention.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed