Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th January 2018, 21:35   #46
BHPian

Default Re: TAFE Access, Chennai: I want agreed deal on paper, but dealer refuses

I am glad you have found a dealer amenable to your conditions. I am curious to know what accessories you are getting for 1.7 lakhs? Please do update us on your purchase process and delivery as well.
Lobogris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 22:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: TAFE Access, Chennai: I want agreed deal on paper, but dealer refuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I am glad you have found a dealer amenable to your conditions. I am curious to know what accessories you are getting for 1.7 lakhs? Please do update us on your purchase process and delivery as well.
Absolutely Lobo - The booking experience was 8/10 at concorde. The vehicle is not invoiced yet. Its probably being manufactured at the factory, as i type this. There is already a thread brewing in the assembly line on my Nexon ownership and will update it as soon as i take delivery.

PLease find below the accessories worth 1.7 lacs. All are orignal accessories including taxes and installation.

Name:  nexon accessories.png
Views: 702
Size:  19.1 KB
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 00:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Absolutely Lobo - The booking experience was 8/10 at concorde. The vehicle is not invoiced yet. Its probably being manufactured at the factory, as i type this. There is already a thread brewing in the assembly line on my Nexon ownership and will update it as soon as i take delivery.

PLease find below the accessories worth 1.7 lacs. All are orignal accessories including taxes and installation.

Attachment 1719315

Congratulations. But are you sure about sunroof? Workmanship confidence? Forget warranty. Have you seen any of their work and taken feedback?
petrolhead_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 01:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Congratulations. But are you sure about sunroof? Workmanship confidence? Forget warranty. Have you seen any of their work and taken feedback?
I am seeing one being installed image a hexa tomorrow. It's same whether installed on a nano or hexa.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 14:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am seeing one being installed image a hexa tomorrow. It's same whether installed on a nano or hexa.
Quote:
I looked at the Hexa today and the fitment is pretty impressive. It looks almost like a factory finish. There are slight panel gaps, but overall it's perfect. I am definitely gonna go for one for my Nexon.

Apparently, it's the same unit and same team who install it whether in the Nano or Tigor or Nexon or Hexa.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th January 2018 at 10:23. Reason: Spellings
Old 24th January 2018, 02:54   #51
BHPian

Default TAFE Access, Chennai: I want agreed deal on paper, but dealer refuses

Quote:
slight panel gaps but overall it's perfect.

Slight panel gaps and yet perfect?
I can understand you are being positive but when it rains these slight panel gaps will begin showing up and there are no undo buttons later.

Sun roof is just fancy and not essential. Agree?
Unless you travel a lot on highways that are clean, have a covered park and a spare car to drive around during rains, I'd kindly ask you to reconsider. Apologies if it sounds discouraging.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 24th January 2018 at 02:55.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 07:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

This is weird. Someone wants a water-tight written contract but seems to be ok with a potentially water-leaking sunroof.
kiku007 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 15:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slight panel gaps and yet perfect?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
This is weird. Someone wants a water-tight written contract but seems to be ok with a potentially water-leaking sunroof.
The panel is outside the sunroof and the gap is a mm or two. I feel that's acceptable tolerances.

There is a three year warranty and secondly it's being done by webasto. I am pretty sure it won't leak.
Old 24th January 2018, 15:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
a mm or two
Quote:
pretty sure
Great! Go for it. The warranty which used to be 5yrs earlier (IIRC) is now 3yrs and either ways it should help you patch up with the dealer later if necessary.
Post a snap after installation
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote