Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2018, 15:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Whitefield, Bangalore books fake service appointment for my Vento!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavd View Post
This is normal for Maruti/Hyundai where you won't even get the messages but when you check the service history, the car will have a couple of SC/OC (Service Camp/Outreach Camp) job cards.
Never happened with me in both Maruti and Hyundai. Maruti DMS automatically sends SMS when job card is opened. I also get message from Maruti when job card is closed and car is ready for delivery.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 15:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Further to this, my question is simple - Why would an ASC with Maruti also want to create a fake job card when the load at most of their workshops are usually settled (and high) for the numbers of cars they sell and hence service? Also note that the only for Job cards opened by the Dealer ASCs will broadcast a text message and these ASCs are anyway doing brisk business in terms of servicing and extracting maximum from that owner in the name of unwanted jobs apart from the usual service.
Most dealerships are not doing what we would expect as "great business". Bottom lines are reducing, targets are heavy, competition (mostly for HMIL Dealerships) is increasing. Fake job cards helps them get the elusive bonuses which makes opening (and closing) such job cards very lucrative.

The pressure on bottomline make them add unwanted jobs as these jobs actually are zero cost for the dealership.

Quote:
Again, they have a target to achieve not to open a Job card but to close one and it has happened with me few times. Unless there is a delay at the ASC for parts or other dependencies that do not directly hint towards the competency levels of the ASC to fix or address my problem, the Job card needs to be closed on the same day! This is one of their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Yes, most OEMs have the 1-5-8 strategy for workshop efficiency. This is used to measure how many jobcards opened on the same day are closed by 1 pm, 5 pm and 8 pm and what was the spillover for the next day. This is service advisor level KPI which is extended then to the workshop level.

Last edited by bhargavd : 30th January 2018 at 15:57.
Old 30th January 2018, 15:53   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

While there are set targets for each of the ASC from every manufacturer, it is very unlikely that a fake job card is opened just for the sake of it.

It is definitely not easy to cover this up at all especially with MSIL because every visit by you (and when the Job card opens) is entered into the system, be that even for a replacement of that tail lamp bulb!

Given the fact that whenever you visit any ASC for service, the first thing they look up is Service history on that Tablet device and they instantly tell you that the last visit for a particular reason. Now even if the Technician attending your car is smart not to spill the beans regarding that fake visit (Job card), it is very unlikely that this can happen when you visit another ASC and some other person attending your car would end up referring to your past visit.

In a nutshell - These fake job cards is something I won't believe can work, especially with Maruti not because I blindly trust their ASCs but mainly comes from my own experience of having dealt with them for both my cars over a decade.

EDIT:

Quote:
Most dealerships are not doing what we would expect as "great business". Bottom lines are reducing, targets are heavy, competition (mostly for HMIL) is increasing. Fake job cards helps them get the elusive bonuses which makes opening (and closing) such job cards very lucrative.
More than speculating merely on fake job cards to achieve targets or increase profits, I would always believe their strategy to lure customers in the name of unwanted jobs is what gets them the maximum moolah and yes, double labor charges for same jobs too.

Quote:
The pressure on bottomline make them add unwanted jobs as these jobs actually are zero cost for the dealership.
In complete agreement with you on this. You never even know if such jobs were carried out at all - Brake cleaning, Alignment, Caliper Greasing, AC Duct Cleaning, Engine Decarb; But not with Fake Job cards. Its way too easy for the customer to find this out during the next visit.

Quote:
This is service advisor level KPI which is extended then to the workshop level.
Aware of that. One of the target for the Service advisor set by the workshop is the achieve a particular number, for labor only and that number when I noticed 3 years back itself looked huge.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th January 2018 at 15:58. Reason: Quoting Bhargav's post
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No chance this is a clerical error. It's most definitely intentional.

1. A 'recall' / software fix target imposed by VW and the dealer is artificially boosting numbers.

2. The dealer inflating his workshop numbers for commercial reasons.

Since yours is a TSI, do check with VW & this dealer on any DSG software updates they're rolling out?
Yeah, I just spoke with the CIO at the dealership and he did mention a recall, but what he also said was that this was for Diesel cars, not petrol, and that it was, in all likelihood, a system error.
Waiting on more details about it from them. I'll update the thread when I do.

@mods - replying to this thread last evening created a bunch of separate replies, since I couldn't find a way to multi-quote using the app on my phone. Thanks for the heads-up and the edit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Did you take any extended warranty or RSA for your car recently, in that case something simliar is created. It was done for my car too, when i took extended warranty.
Nope, no extended warranty yet taken, I was, and still am, going to do it when I give the car for the six month checkup which is due in Feb.

Quote:
Most dealerships are not doing what we would expect as "great business". Bottom lines are reducing, targets are heavy, competition (mostly for HMIL Dealerships) is increasing. Fake job cards helps them get the elusive bonuses which makes opening (and closing) such job cards very lucrative.

Yes, most OEMs have the 1-5-8 strategy for workshop efficiency. This is used to measure how many jobcards opened on the same day are closed by 1 pm, 5 pm and 8 pm and what was the spillover for the next day. This is service advisor level KPI which is extended then to the workshop level.
Yeah, that seems to be consensus from all the posts that I read here. However, this is still not a great idea if it pollutes the service history of my car or anything like that. At the very least, the customers should get a courtesy call saying that something like this is going to happen.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th January 2018 at 16:44.
Old 30th January 2018, 16:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
In complete agreement with you on this. You never even know if such jobs were carried out at all - Brake cleaning, Alignment, Caliper Greasing, AC Duct Cleaning, Engine Decarb; But not with Fake Job cards. Its way too easy for the customer to find this out during the next visit.
Fake Job cards are not for customers nor for earning any direct money. Its just a way to show growth/retention. A lot of customers wouldn't even ask for the service history and mostly the Job cards quoted by the SA would be milestone Job cards- which are PMS (Paid), BandP (Body and Paint) or high amount RR (Running Repair) job cards.

And I have observed even fake PMS job cards at some dealerships to up the retention numbers.

I could quote some numbers and names but that would be a data breach. Also I feel we have ventured far from the topic itself.
bhargavd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 17:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its just a way to show growth/retention.
And you say that these very Job cards are off the records? the very DMS system that the have?

Quote:
A lot of customers wouldn't even ask for the service history
None do as they know when their car went for service and what as done last time and I clearly stated that but it is exactly here where the SA will check and tell you that its been a while since coolant or other fluids were replaced and its due this time, so as to also come up with an estimate in the same Job card that he is going to log into the system.

Quote:
and mostly the Job cards quoted by the SA would be milestone Job cards- which are PMS (Paid), BandP (Body and Paint) or high amount RR (Running Repair) job cards.
Again, whether you visit for PMS or Running repair, if a Job card is opened, there is always a Text message sent and that thing has been always consistent till date may be with very negligible misses when the SMS server or the DMS itself is down.

Quote:
I could quote some numbers and names but that would be a data breach. Also I feel we have ventured far from the topic itself.
Please do, No harm to learn some secrets there . And this will still be very much 'on topic' because this whole thread is about fake job cards....errr Service Appointments

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th January 2018 at 17:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks