Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 02:26   #46
BHPian

Re: I paid for green Duster, dealer delivered an orange one. EDIT: I won the court case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
I was able to prepare my case strong.
Saw this thread today. Congratulations for your victory! So it took roughly 15 months for the case to wind up. Must say it was swift.

Would you mind sharing how you made your case strong?

Wasn't the declaration signed when you took delivery? Did it have any ramification in your case? If yes, then how did you contradict that declaration?
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:13   #47
BHPian

Re: I paid for green Duster, dealer delivered an orange one. EDIT: I won the court case!

Congratulations!! I must say, I am pleasantly surprised and happy for you. When guys like Harsh had to wait for years, you have got the same result in a record time. Good on the consumer forum.

Please do share how you approached this, surely your learning will be helpful to lots of other people. Enjoy your Green Duster.
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:51   #48
BHPian

A new Green Duster!!! That was a real surprise and congratulations. What I thought was you will be getting some compensation for the mental harassment you had to face.
I think Renault might file an appeal and this case is going to drag on for while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Congratulations!! I must say, I am pleasantly surprised and happy for you. When guys like Harsh had to wait for years, you have got the same result in a record time..
I believe Harish's case went all the way till top Court, which is why it took so long. It could be the same in this case too.

Last edited by Holyghost : 3rd May 2019 at 12:53.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 21:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Very happy for you! While I wouldn't have gone to court for this, it is certainly a good lesson for the dealer being high handed and reneging on the promise he made. Please share an ownership report when the new car is delivered!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 00:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. Special thanks to those who told me I don't have any case at all. Because of your precious comments only I was able to prepare my case strong.
Congratulations and appreciate your perseverance on this.

Well, for starters most of us would've thought we didn't have a case at all must've been because we're not used to the sort of customer support that people elsewhere receive (say in the west). We don't have cases being won where a guy breaks into a house, injures himself and then sues the homeowner for their house being unsafe and wins

Contrary to the popular opinion, I believe you did the right thing. When they knew that you're in a desperate situation (I'm sure you must've discussed about the baby and you already selling off the old car for the down-payment), instead of being honest with you, they used it against you. That sure hurts!

So why not take a chance to pay them back legally and that's what you did.

As for whether it's the dealer or Renault who's responsible, It's not up to us to know or decide. They call them "authorized" dealers, for a reason, I believe. They represent Renault and thereby are an extension of Renault.

I'd say this is a welcome change in the way the customer's plea is heard and justice served to him. The council must've noticed how they used the situation to sell it off to you, although not entirely to your satisfaction, and so ruled in your favor.

Do keep us updated on the delivery and other details.
rav11stars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 22:57   #51
BHPian

Congrats and great applause for your efforts behind this case.

kindly do share your experiences with the court. let this be a lesson for dealers who're keen on getting money.

Surely this gonna help a lot of people and share photos of your much-awaited green duster.
joe_lightspeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 01:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Good Perseverance!! Glad you proved a lot of doubters wrong on this one.
Thank you. My intention was/is never to prove anyone wrong. Actually, their comments made me think if I miss to provide any vital information? While preparing the documents(evidence and argument) I tried to cover all the doubts that popped up here on this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Would you mind sharing how you made your case strong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
kindly do share your experiences with the court.
My experience with the consumer forum(this is what it is called) is very good. I met with many staffs on different days and found them all to be helpful and cooperative. Till now I have not approached any advocate for any help or to represent my case. Yes, it is a time consuming process, but that is just to make sure that no one exploits the law(I understand people will have different opinion on this). I got a good amount of information to start with from this page. And I asked additional questions directly from the consumer forum staffs. I'll try to find sometime and create a new thread with all the details needed to approach consumer forum and represent the case our-self.

I made my case strong by doing following things:
  1. Didn't assume that a general practice is always legal
  2. Took opinion from different unknown people on the matter and prepared relevant answers for all the non-supportive questions/opinions. This thread gave me good amount of non-supportive opinions. And you won't believe, panel asked around 60% of non-supportive questions BHPians asked me here.
  3. Didn't hire any advocate to represent my case. The day I was analyzing different lawyers in the consumer forum hall to shortlist the best ones in action for myself, I saw two lawyers representing opposite parties asking for a next date directly instead of doing their work. I am not sure if those lawyers were paid based on the number hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I think Renault might file an appeal and this case is going to drag on for while.
Let them, I am ready for that too. But I am expecting them to accept their fault and correct it instead of dragging this issue and letting other potential customers know about their bad attitude. The sooner they realize the better it will be for them that it is the people who buy car and not the showroom which sells it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
While I wouldn't have gone to court for this
Statement like this gives them confidence to do whatever they want to. If none of us are ready to compromise any of our rights, they won't even dare to charge the "delivery charges".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
As for whether it's the dealer or Renault who's responsible, It's not up to us to know or decide. They call them "authorized" dealers, for a reason, I believe. They represent Renault and thereby are an extension of Renault.
Thanks for your comment. Till now I was thinking I am the only one having this view. The best part of my case is Renault's statement which says something like "It is the Renault Whitefield who is responsible for this issue and Renault should not be held accountable for that". Can we declare a person thief when actual culprit was his hand that pulled the wallet out of someone's pocket?
PetaWatt is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 09:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:

Let them, I am ready for that too. But I am expecting them to accept their fault and correct it instead of dragging this issue and letting other potential customers know about their bad attitude. The sooner they realize the better it will be for them that it is the people who buy car and not the showroom which sells it.
I think the best way to ensure they don't try to drag the case is to push this story across all channels of media. Since you have won the case fair and square they can't stop you from some legal piece of paper. Its already on the T-Bhp news section. I am sure folks at T-Bhp will do their part too. You should approach news outlets, God knows they need some real story to print/ show.
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 04:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Like I said in the other thread, I think TeamBHP should lead by example and maybe even come up with an agreement format just like we have a PDI list, which can keep more people from being made a bakra out of, especially when they are forced into a corner like this guy was. People are saying that no one was holding a gun to his head. But that doesn't take away anything from the fact that those people took a booking amount and then didn't deliver that vehicle on the said date. That definitely puts some responsibility on the shoulders of the dealership which simply can't be and shouldn't be shrugged off just by returning the booking amount.
I have the same thoughts. People for this particular post have literally behaved like spokespersons of the dealership and Renault. Especially the analogy of a gun held to the head. I understand people being passionate about cars, but having general fanboism towards car manufacturers/dealers is a bit too much. There's life beyond car manufacturers and dealers. Under-appreciating OP's circumstances and pampering Renault and it's dealer with blind one sided advice, making the customer sound guilty, almost mocking him and talking as if a favor was done to the customer by selling him the car... amazing!

More power to @PetaWatt for being so persistent and not allowing himself get swayed towards the almost slavish mentality displayed here.

And yes a car dealership represents the manufacturer. People seem to have forgotten that this is automobile business we are talking about, not a Kirana store where the customer filed a complaint against the farmer.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th May 2019 at 05:04. Reason: Trimmed long post quote.
m2avg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 15:01   #55
BHPian

Congratulations on the victory
We need more people like you to weed out the corrupt practices plaguing the automobile sector in India. Probably now the Trident management would think twice before taking any customer for a ride.
MBond007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 08:17   #56
BHPian

This has been reported in Times Of India, Bangalore section today. It will definitely inspire more people to go to Consumer Court, if they face similar antics from any car dealers.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/beng...w/69243420.cms
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 12:45   #57
BHPian

Just came across this thread via Team-BHP newsletter, and wow, what a thread this is!

Congratulations PetaWatt on winning the case and getting the colour you wanted. And much bigger congratulations on your baby

Last edited by kubectl : 9th May 2019 at 13:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks