Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2006, 18:19   #1

Is New Honda City Service Check list/Plan changed?

Hello,

I will get this clarrified from Honda, but wanted to confirm from other New honda city owners.

Yesterday I did second servicing of my New Honda City ZX at Deccan Honda, Pune. Total running 4500 KMs. They have given service plan of either 5000 KMs or 3 months, but service centre advisor told me that now checklist of honda city is changed and there will be no OIL change or tyre rotations, wheel balancing etc. Normally earlier list has recommanded these things at 5000 KMs interval, but now he says it will be done after 10000 KMs.

Please let me know your experience with other dealers.

Thanks & Regards.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I get my NHC Gxi (2004) serviced at Deccan Honda and they still change oil every 5000 KM. At least they did not tell me that this has changed.
Old 6th May 2007, 02:45   #3
BHPian

getting a city cvt on monday...will ask and confirm
Old 27th April 2009, 16:05   #4
BHPian

Honda City Service Interval

Hi,

I have a NHC and the service intervals are too short (3 months or 5K KMs)

I use my car mainly for commuting between home & office which is about 15 to 20Km perday. And for 3 months, mu usage is about 1500KM-that is when honda calls me for the next service.

As my usage is less, I was wondering can I wait for a bit longer-atleast till ODO reads 3000 Kms. (the service interval would be approximately 5-6 months till then)

I wish to have advice from my fellow BHPians..

Thanks in advance
Prince
Old 27th April 2009, 16:33   #5
BANNED

I would happily switch to once a year or 10,000km, whichever is earlier. The reason for this figure is that is what modern oils allow safely. My cars are all on this schedule (I do about 8,000km a year per car). before this my Esteem followed the same. The fellow who bought the Esteem did in excess of 400,000km before he sold it! My son's cars Swift (earlier Alto VX) followed the same. Once out of warranty you are not obliged to listen to them!

If you want to be ultra cautions you may go for 5000km/once a year!

One other thing - what are the recommended service intervals for the Civic and Corolla Altis. Have any of them switched to once a year / 10,000km?

Last edited by sgiitk : 27th April 2009 at 16:35. Reason: Quation added.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 17:38   #6

second service of honda city ivtec

hi all

i had purchased a honda city ivtec in september 2011 and now its second service is due. i know its late but i hadnt driven it too much

as i am not that sound with cars and stuff i want to know what all will be checked in second service and what all i should keep a check on so that i am not overcharged or cheated. what should be approximate amount of money i might have to pay them as its second free service. i am based in chandigarh.

i would be really thankful for your kind advice.

thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 11:53   #7
BANNED

Re: Is New Honda City Service Check list/Plan changed?

I hear that they have (at last) changed the service intervals. The City Mk.III now being sold is coming with a 10k/12 months service schedule. However, afaik the annual model is for Synthetic oil, and the twice a year /5000km is for semi-synthetic. From the pure VFM proposition the latter is more economical.
Old 3rd February 2012, 00:46   #8
BHPian

Re: second service of honda city ivtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneet22 View Post
hi all

i had purchased a honda city ivtec in september 2011 and now its second service is due. i know its late but i hadnt driven it too much

as i am not that sound with cars and stuff i want to know what all will be checked in second service and what all i should keep a check on so that i am not overcharged or cheated. what should be approximate amount of money i might have to pay them as its second free service. i am based in chandigarh.
hello haneet, congratulations on the car. I dont want to spoil your ownership but i should warn you before you get into a bad experience. Honda quality is great, but now you are at the mercy of the two dealers in the city (i really cannot say which one is worse as they are both hopeless and absolute cheats)
go for the service on a free day and stay there the whole time. tell them you do not want anything extra to be done. Just the service plus oil change. (tell them you have only brought Rs 2000 with you.) Dont get taken even for injector cleaning, wheel balancing/ alignment, brake cleaning, etc... they dont do anything and charge you for it. and might in the process screw something else up!
You have no option but to go to them till you have warranty (so be alert and dont get taken into anything they say).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks