Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2018, 19:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Elite i20: Bad service experience at Grand Hyundai, Palakkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by i20ian View Post
Meanwhile I went to make payment of Rs 5000/- which included consumables charges, depreciation charges and claim charges. Don't know whether this payment was actually required or not.

In this modern age of digital India their service centre doesn't have even a single working card swiping machine and I was made to wander in search of ATMs to pay the money after having waited for so long. Meanwhile their service advisers were happily making merry sitting in air conditioned rooms. The service centre manager was not even present at the office as I was told by the advisor when i was suffering such hardships.
Card transaction would have a trail, while cash transaction do not. Perhaps the reason why none of the card machines were working at their place. If the bills do not match up, go in and request for your receipt of 5000. Make sure that this matches, if they cannot match up the amount, or if you feel the charges are unnecessary, you can take this up with Hyundai directly.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 16:00   #17
BHPian

@i20ian - I sympathize with you. It is so frustrating when a service centre practically is on the verge of "destroying" the car you have so carefully cared for.

Please give the frank feedback when the Hyundai feedback team calls. Also send an email or put a Facebook post (on the Hyundai India Facebook page) giving details and also pictures (if possible) of your horrible experience.

When my Eon's AC foam started disintegrating within 3 years of purchase, the dealer initially agreed to do a warranty repair (which I did not do since I the car was at my temporary residence in Kerala where I only go for 3-4 days every month). In Feb 2018 when I requested that they do the job as a warranty job, they refused and said I would be charged about Rs.5000/- . One email to Hyundai got a me call in 1 hour from Hyundai customer care, and another call within 2 hours from the service centre asking me as to why I complained. Anyway to make a long story short, they agreed to do the repair free (they did it quite well and the SA whatsapped pictures of the progress at every stage).

So - please go ahead and make this public so that other unsuspecting owners are saved from this terribly callous service centre.
motorguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 14:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
They gave me a bill and a receipt for the amount paid. But the bill is total bill and not a separate bill for whatever parts which are not covered under insurance. They were still telling some technical issues in getting a bill for the items not covered under insurance.

I wonder whether it is not possible to get such a bill?
Frankly this sounds like they've made you pay more than you needed to - they'll probably claim the full or almost full amount from the insurance company, and have also made you pay beyond your co-payment / depreciation expenses. You should have got a complete break-down of items they are making you pay for before making any payment.

Quote:
They also asked me to rate them 9 or 10 once the Hyundai customer care guys call me. Still not got their call. What should I rate them in your opinion?
This is the bane of all Hyundai ASS, they literally harass you to give them a good rating and keep insisting on it. After my last service I received no less than 5 calls from the dealership asking that I give a 10/10 rating! This was after they made me come back to the service centre since they missed fixing something.

When I finally gave a rating of 8 (cause I was not satisfied), the dealer got offended and called me to check why I complained. Guess Hyundai takes these ratings seriously and probably incentivizes dealerships in some way if they are well rated.
phoenixash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 22:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They also told me about the consequences they had to face because of this issue. Their ratings have been degraded. The service adviser has his job at stake and all those things.

They also asked me to rate them 9 or 10 once the Hyundai customer care guys call me. Still not got their call. What should I rate them in your opinion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
This is the bane of all Hyundai ASS, they literally harass you to give them a good rating and keep insisting on it. After my last service I received no less than 5 calls from the dealership asking that I give a 10/10 rating! This was after they made me come back to the service centre since they missed fixing something.

When I finally gave a rating of 8 (cause I was not satisfied), the dealer got offended and called me to check why I complained. Guess Hyundai takes these ratings seriously and probably incentivizes dealerships in some way if they are well rated.
This is so, SO SO childish, not only on the part of Hyundai but the dealers as well.. possibly the single point of extreme annoyance for me.. so much that I did NOT do the ratings the last time the service was done and I also cut the call instantly when the feedback call happened. I am not married to the Hyundai service station, they have no right to nag me. My general opinion is that their services, though nothing much to complain about, is mediocre at best.. there is ALWAYS room for improvement, be it better polished service advisors, not inflating a bill to 200% every time and actually inflating the spare tyre for good measure, a free coffee for each customer and in general having a more sophisticated touch to the ambience instead of the run-of-the-mill sortie.

If more customers join me in refusing the ratings bit and choose to express the truth of what they really feel about the experience, maybe we can finally reverse this arm-lock that the dealer-company cabal has on us. Apparently we cannot even take the (OUR) car out without doing the formalities or authorizing the service advisor to rate all experiences as most optimal. Sickening to me, being experienced in process management and control, supply-chain, lead-time and holistic management. I even had an experience of closely being involved in a client feedback loop where the only 2 questions were 1) Mention 3 areas of concern/improvement and 2) How do we make the next (business) interaction a better one. This clearly exposes all the weak links (few of the genuine ones anyway) as the customer/client is the best judge at times and if one takes these things seriously instead of personally, then such nonsensical ratings systems are absolutely inutile.. the best parallel to ratings systems are the few people whom I know who scored 80's and 90's all throught school and college and hence became self-governing robots expecting that all that they do is nothing short of perfection and that their presence is nothing short of divinity though reality is way different.

1-8 is POOR, 9 is GOOD, 10 is EXCELLENT.. individual logic never seemed more amiss.

Last edited by dark.knight : 12th May 2018 at 22:07.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 22:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
1-8 is POOR, 9 is GOOD, 10 is EXCELLENT.. individual logic never seemed more amiss.
Agree with you 100%. This is such a stupid rating system. When we have any post service issue these people won't even call up to get the rating. I got call from Hyundai. Gave rating of 5. They were simply asking for rating and not at all bothered to hear our concerns.
i20ian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks