Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2018, 16:27   #1
BHPian

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience

I recently met with a minor accident with a Cabbie, which left my Honda City with a whole bunch of scratches on the right side along with a broken bumper. Not only was I pissed off with the damage caused, the question that I had in my mind was “Where do I take the car for repairs ?”

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-20180615_154325e.jpg

After a having a really poor experience with Ring Road Honda Peeragarhi with both Servicing and Bodyshop related work on my Civic in the past, I had shifted to Samara Honda (Mayapuri) as that was the only alternative available close to my place. However, i then came across this post - Samara Automax Honda, Mayapuri - Service scam (unbelievable extras).

I did a quick search on Honda’s website for alternative H.A.S.Ss in my area and I came across Cherish Honda as an option. I took the car to the workshop located in Mangolpuri Industrial Area the next day (7th June) without any prior appointments. There was an entry made for my car on the gate and I was allowed to take my car inside, unlike Ring Road Honda where the guard on the gate straightaway denied entry of my car since I had not booked an appointment for that day and I was asked to park the car outside.

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-20180615_152528f.jpg

At the very first look I was pretty impressed with the place. Very plush and clean. I just had to inform at the reception that my car met with an accident and I was appointed an advisor (Mr.Gurjeet Singh) in no time. He made an assessment for the damages, took copies of the relevant documents, got the claim form signed and all the formalities were through in about half an hour. I got a call from the surveyor (TATA AIG) the same day in the evening and since it was a genuine case he approved the claim without any fuss.

I got a call on the 12th from Mr.Gurjeet, that the work has been completed and I can visit them in case I wanted to see the car before they proceed further with the claim formalities. So basically, the car was ready in about 5 days straight from the date it entered the workshop. Though I did not go to see the car, I asked him to get the Boot as well as the Running Board repaired and painted which were previously damaged and I had not bothered to get them repaired.

Having some free time today, I visited the workshop to see the progress. I got a chance to have a word with Mr.Amit Walia who happens to be the Group Sr. Gen Manager. He took me for a tour of the entire workshop and was keen on explaining all the procedures performed. The huge work area was again extremely clean and the entire setup seemed quite professional. The staff is very polite and professional in their approach. It was a pleasant experience overall, moreover getting to see my own car painted in the booth was an exciting experience in itself.

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-paint-booth.jpg

One interesting information that Mr.Walia shared with me was that Cherish happens to be the only Honda workshop to be operating round the clock. A workshop operating 24/7 is something unheard-of. Moreover they are coming up with another similar 24/7 workshop in Gurgaon as well.

Till now everything has been positive and it certainly was a better experience than both Ring Road Honda and Samara Honda. I will definitely be updating the post after the delivery of the car and will be sharing the pictures for the quality of paint work.

Some random pictures i clicked along:

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-1.jpg

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-2.jpg

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-3.jpg

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-4.jpg

The following is Mr.Walia's contact information, you can use my reference if required:

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-20180615_142406.jpg
satyamkaushik is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 16:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience

Got a call from Mr.Gurjeet on the 18th that the insurance company had sent in the delivery orders and the car was ready for delivery. I reached the workshop in the evening and saw the car parked right there shining just as it used too.

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-1e.jpg

It being an authorized Honda workshop paint matching was never a concern but must say, they have done a great job with the finish and I am more than happy with the overall outcome. A complementary detailing package made the deal even sweeter.

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-2f.jpg

The billing and payment process was seamless too and soon it was time to take the car back home after a temporary separation of 12 days

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-3f.jpg
(A picture with the main man)

Cherish Honda, Delhi - A pleasant experience-4e.jpg
(Got the car a new plate which i suppose suits the car better than the previous one)

Like I mentioned in the previous post, it surely was a positive experience and I was more than satisfied at the end of it. One can rather feel the emphasis given on customer satisfaction. Little things like explaining the customer the contents of the invoice before payment may not matter much, but they certainly add up to the experience.
After having to deal with Skoda’s after sales for my Rapid, it rather seemed like a blessing.
A person may forget the price over a period, it’s the experience that he remembers. IMHO, customer satisfaction is going to be the next competitive battleground brands. No matter how well the driving dynamics or the built quality of the Rapid may be, its always the City that I suggest when someone asks me for an opinion.
satyamkaushik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 22:29   #3
BHPian

The following is Mr.Walia's contact information, you can use my reference if required:

Thanks to you Satyam i got back in touch with Amit Walia. He was last working as GM service with infinty honda, gurgaon where I've had very pleasant experiences with my car services all because of him. Lost touch when he left gurgaon. Talked to him today after reading your post and got to know he's going to be operating the service in gurgaon next month onwards. Really helpful and customer friendly person.
Guneet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 23:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guneet View Post
Thanks to you Satyam i got back in touch with Amit Walia. He was last working as GM service with infinty honda, gurgaon where I've had very pleasant experiences with my car services all because of him. Lost touch when he left gurgaon. Talked to him today after reading your post and got to know he's going to be operating the service in gurgaon next month onwards. Really helpful and customer friendly person.
Good to hear that Sir..

I totally agree with your words and hold a similar opinion about him.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 22nd June 2018 at 23:16. Reason: grammatical error
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Guneet, do you know which Honda dealership he is moving to in Gurgaon and what is the location? I also have a lacklustre experience with RR Honda in Gurgaon and wish to try a new place for service.
Old 4th August 2018, 00:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Hi Guneet, do you know which Honda dealership he is moving to in Gurgaon and what is the location? I also have a lacklustre experience with RR Honda in Gurgaon and wish to try a new place for service.
Cherish Honda is coming up with a new dealership in gurgaon. The showroom is going to be on golf course road and workshop at sector 14 near prem motors. Amit is now going to take care of both delhi and gurgaon dealerships as senior GM service. You may also try Infinity Honda near Honda chowk. I get both my cars serviced there till date and the experience has been good.
Guneet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 00:21   #7
BHPian

@satyamkaushik, @Guneet - can either of you share Mr. Walia's number? I need to get my city checked for various noises from a competent ASS + SA combo and basis your feedback, seems he is the person to go to for help.

Please ignore - missed the 1st post. Thanks.

Last edited by MNITDEVIL : 4th August 2018 at 00:34.
Old 11th November 2018, 23:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Cherish Honda is coming up with a new dealership in gurgaon. The showroom is going to be on golf course road and workshop at sector 14 near prem motors. Amit is now going to take care of both delhi and gurgaon dealerships as senior GM service. You may also try Infinity Honda near Honda chowk. I get both my cars serviced there till date and the experience has been good.
Took advice from this thread and called up Amit Walia, giving Satyam Kaushik's reference. Fantastic service experience this time from Cherish Honda.

Issue: dashboard noise and various other sounds from car cabin making it a pain to drive vs my Tucson Crdi.

Impact of call: excellent service experience. Since Cherish Honda has just set shop in Gurgaon hence overall less vehicles come to them. I was given a time to come in and was taken in promptly, all issues were noted and then the team made efforts in rectifying all issues. All issues sorted in 1 go and Car running more silent than when bought new. I also got car serviced and the focus from Cherish team was on ensuring no additional items are added. gave them 10/10 on service feedback and will recommend them to any TBHP folks in Gurgaon.

PS:Gurgaon showroom + service center is already operational in sector 14, operational since Dussehra

Last edited by MNITDEVIL : 11th November 2018 at 23:57. Reason: Typo Error
MNITDEVIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 17:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

I visited Cherish Honda, Gurgaon for last two services (March & October 2019) and I am more than happy.

Spoke to Mr. Amit Walia both times and found him very friendly and helpful.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 18:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Got my Honda City serviced today at Cherish Honda, Gurgaon. Again very pleasant experience.

I saw them taking enough precautions for Covid. They followed all my instructions and did a good job overall.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 24th October 2020 at 18:07.
mukeshgoel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 13:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have been visiting Cherish Honda, Gurgaon and every time it was good experience. I got good service and no extras were pushed. Till last year, a call or whatsapp message to Mr. Amit Walia helped. He either spoke to someone or told me to contact someone specific at workshop.

But yesterday, it was not so good. Mr. Amit Walia said that he has left the company and he is not much aware of the staff now.

Service advisor pushed extras like mine was the only car this season to earn. Not just my service advisor, but I overheard other service advisors were trying to inflate the bills of other customers (in person and and on phone calls).

Unfortunately, I have not heard good things about the other service center (Frontier Honda) which is closer to my home. Experience with their sales staff was bad when I booked Elevate last year (which I cancelled later and got refund with too much follow up).

So, I am not too sure Honda is going to be in my shortlisted cars when I buy my next car within next one year or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks