Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2018, 00:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Plaza Hyundai (Delhi) - Horrible experience buying a Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantroy View Post
Cancelled my booking with Plaza Hyundai.
Great you have cancelled the booking with such a crook dealer. After all you are in national capital where you have so many other options and if you include NCR dealers the list will increase further. While booking my car I checked with more than five Ford dealerships in Delhi/NCR region. There is no point in giving business to any incompetent dealership.

Last edited by roby_dk : 30th July 2018 at 00:19.
Old 30th July 2018, 10:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
I'm bit nervous at the moment, since I've not seen the car and dealer claims its available in stock yard which is around 40kms away from where I live.

Also observe the difference in calculation on Customer Order Form and Order Booking form.

Does it smell anything fishy here ?

Yes, it smells fishy. This is the typical pattern of a Trident salesperson (based on my and few other guys' booking experience). IMO, before you proceed with the payment, you should ask for the VIN of the vehicle in writing immediately. If you get in writing that the car with this <VIN> will be delivered to you, proceed with the payment. If they tell their server is down, or no one is around there in the yard, etc., run away, it's a trap.

You can read my story here, the case is still going on.
PetaWatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 11:02   #18
BHPian

Similar Issue with Advait Hyundai, Bangalore. My cousin booked Orange Creta Diesel Auto almost 1.5 Months back. They are reluctant to even give a date of delivery let alone other things. They are saying it is a rare color (Come on you are marketing the car with this color, How rare can it be ? ). We went and asked them if they are manufacturing a mass production car or a custom made private jet ??
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 14:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
The dealership experience at Hyundai is on a rapid decline and so is the fuss free ownership experience. I can tell you this with full conviction and responsibility as I have had many Hyundai cars from Hyundai Motor Plaza which is now Plaza Hyundai.

Now if buying is such an issue, imagine the after sale service.

ASS is also on a steep decline and every Hyundai dealer will try and force the extra's like Cowl cleaning, silencer coating, chrome polish etc down your throat. This will leave you with even bitter experience every time you will visit them.

Whenever we see an official review we read "Hyundai's competent after sales experience". I am quite confident that their dealers are hard bend to ensure that our moderators start using "Hyundai's after sales service quality is a hit or miss.

This line will certainly see replacement very soon and the day is not far.

Lastly, my advise is think of a different car from a different dealer.

@mints - Painting all dealerships with a single brush.. The creator of the thread did the right thing in moving away from this dealership.

I own a Hyundai and a Maruti (with a DDiS heart). And I can say with confidence that the service quality @ Maruti is quite appalling as they never changed my engine oil which was provided by me (Delvac 1). My experience at Hyundai has always been good.

But to each his own but wouldn't agree to your comment as you still have the right to refuse the services and report anything that you don't see as right (per service manual) to cr@hmil.net

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd August 2018 at 14:56. Reason: typo
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in a similar situation, I have made a booking for Creta from Trident Hyundai Bangalore.

Hey Sary, any update for us?
Old 2nd August 2018, 19:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Ask for the VIN before you make the payment and let them know in no uncertain terms that payment will be made only after that.

Even better is to visit their stock yard. I did that before picking mine. Yes it is far away but it will surely save a lot of heart ache (if any) in the future

Just my 2 cents
Old 2nd August 2018, 20:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantroy View Post
I am glad that I am not doing business with you guys. (FYI – there is a Rs. 3,000 cancellation charges).
What is this charge for? The dealership didn't do anything for you and as far as I remember, this is not applied by other dealers. A colleague booked and canceled a KUV recently and the dealership said the same thing. He raised it with Mahindra and got 100% refund. The dealer shouldn't be charging you for cancelation.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 19:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
Hey Sary, any update for us?
Hi, Sorry for not getting back to you guys earlier. Well on making the payment of initial booking amount of 25K, I was provided with the VIN number (just the 17 digits, learnt that the last two alphabets are not provided by factory and the dealer takes a note of it once it reaches its yard). With VIN number in hand, and SBI bank loan sanction letter, I made the balance down payment.

The situation at the moment, Trident had worked out a deal for me by providing some discount on the Hyundai Assure insurance package. Part of discount is from the dealer margin and other from the NCB of my previous car policy (~35% NCB). Trident are now asking me to produce NCB certificate. In order to obtain the certificate, I contacted Honda Assure personnel (my previous policy) and they can issue me the NCB certificate on producing a valid transfer document. Since RC will take time, they are fine with Form 29/30 however the same needs to be endorsed by RTO. The buyer of my previous car, has approached an agent to get the transfer done. As it appears I may not get any acknowledgment from RTO since an "Agent" is involved. The agent have promised to buyer of my previous car that RC will be transferred in his name within 18 days. This involves transfer outside Jurisdiction (i.e. Indiranagar to Yelhanka RTO).
I'm actually in a fix here, since the car is ready, allocated and waiting to get registered in the yard, however insurance matter needs to be sorted out.

The other option is I pay the entire NCB amount and later get it reimbursed which I'm not buying from the dealer.

Any thoughts guys how to proceed with this situation?

Last edited by sary : 3rd August 2018 at 19:23. Reason: Editorial changes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks