Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2018, 18:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre

I am writing this post to make everyone aware of how bad the service at Landmark Nissan is. Since Oxford Nissan (from where I purchased my car) and Shiv Nissan have shut down; Landmark Nissan is the only Nissan dealer now in Pune. Understandably they are overloaded as they need to cater to all the Nissan cars sold here.

To cut a long story short, I had to give my car to Landmark Nissan as the malfunction indicator light kept coming on. I showed it to 3 independent garages (one small garage owned by a person known to me, Kotkar automobiles on Karve road and also Tune up plus). Every time the error shown was P2101 which is related to the throttle actuator module control. https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...by-jay-safford.

At Tune up plus, Abhijit suggested that I get this checked/fixed from Nissan. I wanted to avoid this as I knew they would rip me off but then I had no choice. So, reluctantly; I scheduled a service appointment with them. At the appointed day/time I was present in the reception area, but for the next 30-45 mins nothing happened. When I raised my voice, after nearly 45 mins of waiting; an idle SA who was sitting there was assigned to me (Dhananjay 96234 75890). I got angry because he was just sitting there doing nothing but these guys never bothered to attend to me.

Anyways, after that; he took a leisurely 20-25 minutes to fill up the service form. Then we went out and did the routine tests, inspection etc. All this at 12.30pm with the hot October heat sun blazing down on the neck. I told him specifically about the TAC error shown and told him that is the only thing I want him to check. He promised to reply by evening about the problem. Evening comes and there's no call from him. Finally I call him at around 5pm and ask him the status. He casually replies the car is not yet allocated to anyone and is still lying there. Comes back with a promise of calling back the next day (which incidentally is a Sunday). I knew he would not call me back. On Monday morning, I call him again and ask him the status to which he replies that the car will get allocated only by evening

Tuesday comes up and goes, nothing happens. Wednesday I call him again and ask him. He promises to call back in 1-2 hours. He calls back and rattles of a long list of problems with the car including the right rear wheel getting jammed, some part under the hood etc. etc. I ask him what about the error? No go on that front, he says he hasn't asked the mechanic yet. I am now really angry, these guys know how to take someone for a ride. Anyways I consented to all the work to be done. He once again promises to call me back the next day.

Thursday there's no call from him, the car is lying at the service centre from Saturday 20th October. I call him in the afternoon and he bluntly says he is not at the service centre. Friday comes and goes, no call. I call him and ask him the status. He says I don't know, I will call you back. At 8.30pm in the night he calls back and says, the problem is fixed and the car will be ready by tomorrow. You can collect it by 11pm. What's the bill? Nope, he is clueless about the bill amount and what was done.

So finally on 27th October, I once again land up at the service centre and ask for my car. Dhananjay is nowhere to be seen. Finally after 20-25 mins of waiting, I call him and ask him to come down to the reception area. He comes there after 20-25 mins more, effectively wasting 1-1.5 hours of my time. He says, car is gone for washing and final inspection and will be there in 10-15 mins. 30 mins later the car is nowhere and this guy has disappeared. Once again I raise my voice at him on the call and he casually saunters back. Finally after a long wait of 45mins, the car shows up near the reception area. Dhananjay says the work is done and there won't be any problems.

The worst is yet to come.

I notice the car is extremely dirty and not washed at all. By this time, I am so angry that I give my worst possible feedback ever in their feedback form and ask for the bill. I am not waiting there anymore. I try to call him again, but he has fled from the scene. I pay the bill (as it was not worth fighting out with them, they are crooks) and just grab the gate pass from them. I hand it over to the security and ask for the keys. Incidentally the bill amount came to 7.8k something.

The security guy was embarrassed looking at the condition of the car, and asked me if I could wait for 10-15 mins; they will arrange to wash the car. I said no thank you; I don't want to waste 2-3 hours more of my life here.

The moral of the story is -
  • 1 Service experience at Landmark Nissan is pathetic. It was much better at Oxford Nissan before they shut down.
  • 2 Right from the receptionist to the SA to the management team they are hand in gloves with each other. Avoid these guys and service centre like plague.
  • 3 Independent garages are much better and at-least you can ask what was done/how it was done.
  • 4 I am pretty sure the service centre has only reset the fault code and not done anything else. It will surely re-surface after 2-3 months again.

Take a look at the pictures. All were taken immediately on taking delivery of the car, just outside the security cabin/gate.

Engine oil spilled on the floor and the front seat.
Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre-img_20181027_124807.jpg

Check out the dirt on the window.
Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre-img_20181027_124959.jpg
Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre-img_20181027_125004.jpg

The glove box is filled with dirt and leaves.
Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre-img_20181027_125020.jpg

This is washed?? I have no words to describe this
Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre-img_20181027_132447.jpg
Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre-img_20181027_132451.jpg

I will add the photos of the bill in a short while, but guys - be very careful/aware while dealing with this service centre. The Micra is an extremely competent product, let down by the really bad parent company and after sales/service experience.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 3rd November 2018 at 19:05.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 19:18   #2
BHPian

re: Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre

Ideally what you should have done is to walk out and not give the cars for services when you first arrived there and they didn't pay heed to your problem in the first place!

Why stay at a place that doesn't bother to show any concern? Secondly, maybe you were genuinely in need to get the car fixed, but as you saw that they had not allocated the car for the next two days, it was an alarm in itself! You should have grabbed your car back then and there. We all know how parts can be swapped from cars and all that stuff. Though the service center is at fault but as a consumer, you should be more vigilant!

When you had already seen that they are not interested in servicing your vehicle, why did you not take the car back?
Rshrey22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 20:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre

@Wag7,
Sorry to say but a senior bhpian ignoring the clearly visible signs is equally at fault out here. Should have walked out with the car on Monday or landed up at the showroom and raised hell; and moved on from there.

Sorry you had to experience this. Hopefully the problem was resolved; just take it as a one-off experience and move on with life.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 23:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

As I said in the first post, I wanted to avoid this service centre. But I had no choice; after 3 independent garages could not find the reason for the error coming up. Also Abhijit from tune up plus himself suggested that I get it checked at a Nissan dealership as he also could not observe any problem in the throttle control. I know that I am equally if not more responsible, as I did give them my car knowingly.

The purpose of the post is only to make everyone aware of the service centre. BTW I have already moved on and to state a fact here, the car still drives the same irrespective of whether the light comes on or not. I wanted to get it cleared up because there is a possibility of selling off the car in near future.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 10:24   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre

It's not just one dealer - ALL Nissan service stations are horrible. Due to the frequent opening & closing of their dealerships, my Sunny visited about 4 - 5 of them during its 4 year extended warranty period.

I can't remember a single experience that I would rate as good. Nissan has really picked the cherries from the bottom of the pile.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 13:12   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
...the error shown was P2101 which is related to the throttle actuator module control.
What was the action taken to solve the problem?

In an extreme condition, you can drive over to Navi Mumbai and ask SK Karzone (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...vi-mumbai.html (Multi-car workshop : S K Karzone (Navi Mumbai))) to fix such difficult problems.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 18:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Apart from the bad service, what was the final diagnosis in your car. Did the real get addressed atleast? The problem with Nissan is that you cannot even build rapport with the service team, as the next time your car needs a service, the dealership is closed. Possible the reason why Nissan insists on a 6 monthly service schedule so that if you are lucky enough, you will get to visit the same service centre atleast TWICE.

Last edited by drmohitg : 7th November 2018 at 18:30.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 08:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's not just one dealer - ALL Nissan service stations are horrible.
Thats true. So, for the last 3 yrs, I am servicing my car at TuneUp Plus. They do a better job at TUP, than Nissan does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
What was the action taken to solve the problem?.
Thanks! If the light comes up again, I will try this workshop. While the SA told me that throttle body was cleaned(?) And they didn't require to touch anything else, I don't believe anything was done. I believe they have just reset the fault code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Apart from the bad service, what was the final diagnosis in your car.
The final diagnosis was they said the throttle body required cleaning. But as I said, I believe apart from resetting the error code, they haven't touched anything else.

But they did change the drive belt and some other parts See these parts which were changed!
Attached Thumbnails
Pathetic service experience at Landmark Nissan - Avoid this service centre-1541731663457.jpg  

W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed