Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2019, 08:10   #1
NTO
BHPian

VW Chennai aka Abra Motors is shutting down

Dear BHPians,

VW Chennai a.k.a Abra motors is shutting shops. The group that owns Abra motors also owns the following:

1. Transcar India - Mercedes Benz
2. Cars India - Maruti Suzuki
3. Zulaikha Motors - Mahindra 4 wheelers

I got to know this from my trusted service advisor for the past five years when, the dealership refused to take in my Vento for a fan blower motor repair.

Apparently, they have stopped to take in cars for service from 15th of January and due to slow parts inflow cars are being delivered back to customers after two weeks of going into the service station.

Transcar India (Mercedes Benz) is rumoured to be purchased by Sundaram motors. Abra motors service centre and the adjoining Mercedes service centre is going to be joined together and will cater to Mercedes Benz service in Ambattur in Chennai under the name, Sundaram Motors.

It is also rumoured that Cars India - Maruti Suzuki and Zulaikha motors - Mahindra are shutting down as well.

Request other BHPians in Chennai in the know-how to throw some more light on this.

Regards,
NTO
NTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 11:14   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: VW Chennai aka Abra Motors is shutting down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
Dear BHPians,

VW Chennai a.k.a Abra motors is shutting shops. The group that owns Abra motors also owns the following:

1. Transcar India - Mercedes Benz
2. Cars India - Maruti Suzuki
3. Zulaikha Motors - Mahindra 4 wheelers
I have heard that the Mercedes Benz dealership Transcar India is shutting shop or believed to have changed the ownership. Either it may remain non-operational for quite some time.

Though not a Chennai Bhpian, have this news
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 19:07   #3
BHPian

Yes, Abra motors are just delivering the existing vehicles already received for VW. Rest are being sent to other dealerships. I was told that Kun is picking up their sales and Kun is searching for a suitable place for service. Sundaram motors will pick up Abra motors space for their Benz sales and ASS.
thenomad is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed