Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2007, 10:24   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Do anybody get windscreen washed in Bangalore ( Hosur road) Bunk?. I have been filling up for the past one year ( Full tank twice a week.). I never got my windscreen washed!!.

May be I am on a Bolero (Very Jeep-ish). Kindly let us know other car owners who is regular at this bunk with their experiences. I should insist or what?.
Usually the attendants there are proactive and ask if u would like to have the windscreen cleaned, but u can also ask them to do so. Its part of the package of filling up at shell. I even ask to have my rear glass cleaned. They usually do oblige. I visit the Shell outlet near Whitefield, which is very near my office. Also, fill my bike from there.

One thing i fail to understand is why they ask us to get off the bike when they are filling fuel.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:37   #17
BHPian

Petrol from Shell gives better mileage whereas there is a ( 1 - 1.5 kmpl ) drop in mileage If I use Shell Diesel , compared to Turbojet or extramile or even plain IOC diesel.

This has been experienced by lot of friends who also drive diesels..

am unable to figure out why ..
Old 19th January 2007, 10:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Has more to do with lesser adulteration,and as somebody on Team-bhp said newer dispensing units at shell filling stations.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
drop in mileage If I use Shell Diesel .
I constantly get 10.7-10.9 km/ltr [ shell diesel] in bangalore city for my Jeep which is very good when compared with 12km/ltr on HP Turbojet for highway drive.
Old 19th January 2007, 11:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
any idea of what octane rating shell is claiming?
Shell Normal as well as Super Petrol are both 91 Octance.

Abhi
Old 19th January 2007, 11:27   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell station locator: Shell in India - Shell Station Locator

Guys, there are 9 listed for Chennai ..

Shell stations are consistent, as far as I have seen. I have got good FE with their fuel. But, as discussed on another thread here, and as observed by a couple of others, Shell diesel seems to give lesser FE for Scorpio's & Sumo's.

While the attendents do clean your wind-shield, they dont always offer the service. And when they actually do it, my experience is : they spray the cleaning fluid on to the wind-shiled. In the process, some fluid is spilt on the bonnet. Thy dont clean this spillage. When wiping the wind-sheild, some more fluid will spray / splash on to the bonnet. The attendent will not clean this fluid, and will ignore anything beyond the wind-shield.

Still, any which they do it, it will not be spot-less. The wiper they use will leave traces, and I dont like that. I do not accept this one service from Shell.

Last edited by condor : 19th January 2007 at 11:28.
Old 19th January 2007, 15:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
5. Windscreen wash.
I have filled in petrol a couple of times at the West of Chord Road entrance (from Iskon side) but havent got a windscreen wash. I guess only a couple of petrol stations offer this facility.
Old 19th January 2007, 15:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Shell servie and quality very good, I can see improvement in pick up after I started using Shell Premium in my swift.

They are decent people for sure!

Single person does filling, billing, cleaning and never was te our time.

They do insist on Premium petrol and honestly told one can't get extra mailege but can expect smooth/less noice engine / better pick up with thier Premium Petrol!

Over all its great expereince with Shell although now I found BP Speed near by home so stopped visiting Shell.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th January 2007, 15:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Wish there was super diesel too (I drive a CRDi!)
Erm, their diesel is labelled premium. I'm told they sell only super/premium diesel.
Old 19th January 2007, 20:31   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell doesnt have premium diesel - just regular
Old 20th January 2007, 00:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
I have filled in petrol a couple of times at the West of Chord Road entrance (from Iskon side) but havent got a windscreen wash. I guess only a couple of petrol stations offer this facility.
I've been filling up at this outlet for the last couple of years. They are courteous, but have too many customers to attend to. It's one of the most cramped Shell outlets. You often find huge construction company lorries and pvt. buses lined up for a fill even though they can find some empty petrol stations around. Goes to show the good reputation Shell has built for itself. I've also filled up at the two outlets on Mysore road(man are those huge or what!). Have had no complaints about the quality or quantity at any of the outlets.

I'm just nit picking - on a few occassions recently, I was kind of forced to take Shell super unleaded. The reason given was that they did not have regular petrol at that particular pump. Could be true, but I always insist on regular unleaded and they oblige by filling up from an adjacent pump.
Old 22nd January 2007, 08:20   #27
BHPian

This morning I was on my last 5 littre mark, thought fill up at Shell (Hosur road) , But there was no stock!. I then continued on hosur road, aiming IBP near Dakshin Honda, Guess what NO Stock!. Finally I got in to EC pump. There was no SPEED!. Finally satisfied with normal Diesel.
Old 22nd January 2007, 09:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
One thing i fail to understand is why they ask us to get off the bike when they are filling fuel.
Initially i had an argument with this and i wrote to the top level who ever it was , there was a reply explaining that .
While filing ,if the petrol overfills or while removing the gun it might trickle on the hot engine below and ignite the petrol . So if are standing ,u can run for your dear life .Makes sense ,but the employees failed to explain this . I never complain from then on
Old 22nd January 2007, 11:11   #29
BHPian

These guys seem good, I got a response when I queried them if its going to be available from more places in Hyderabad.

Dear Mr. Sreenivas,
Thank you for your note. We are pleased to inform you that we are indeed building more sites in Hyderabad, specifically in the Ameerpet, Shamshabad and Nacharam areas. We hope that at least one of these sites will be located close to your location and that you will be able to enjoy top quality fuels for your driving pleasure.

Kind Regards,
Shell India Private Limited

Last edited by sreenivass : 22nd January 2007 at 11:12.
Old 22nd January 2007, 15:51   #30
BHPian

in Hyd

Constuction of Shell bunk in Ameerpet seem to have been completed a month ago. They still have not opened it saying that some top level official would come over to open it.

One between Uppal and Tarnaka is quite good. I make it point to fill-up there if I am passing by.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks