Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 07:32   #46

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

Hi All,

Does spinny also take care of selling and out of state vehicle, currently stat in bangalore and have a vehicle from a different state. I was thinking of cars 24 as once I had sold my TN registered car in KA but I think that must be because of closeness of the place here. If some one has experienced it would be of great help, the current car that I want to sell is from Odisha. Any info in this regard or experience would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 17:37   #47
BHPian

Why don't you contact Spinny and confirm? They are PAN India and have various methods of selling after purchasing. It is not just buy, refurbish, post on their portal, and sell.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 20:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibaprasadbeher View Post
Hi All,

Does spinny also take care of selling and out of state vehicle, currently stat in bangalore and have a vehicle from a different state. I was thinking of cars 24 as once I had sold my TN registered car in KA but I think that must be because of closeness of the place here. If some one has experienced it would be of great help, the current car that I want to sell is from Odisha. Any info in this regard or experience would be helpful.

Thanks
Yes see my post from about 10 days ago in this thread. They bought my Telangana registered car in Gurgaon at a decent price. However you may or may not get a good price because it depends on market demand for you particular vehicle in it's home state. They ship the vehicle back to the state it was registered. My low run Diesel Ciaz is in demand in Hyderabad that's why they were very keen to purchase it.
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:10   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Why don't you contact Spinny and confirm? They are PAN India and have various methods of selling after purchasing. It is not just buy, refurbish, post on their portal, and sell.
I intentionally didn't want to, once you share any details on the number its like a flood of calls, I once asked for my bike at a site, and they used to call talk and say not possible..this continued for a month even after asking not to call me, they kept doing that. That was one big reason I asked here.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th July 2022 at 21:22. Reason: Spacing.
Old 20th July 2022, 07:17   #50
BANNED

i got my Renault KWID RXT AMT OPTIONAL 2016 October make registered in 2017 evaluated through Spinny and I can confirm that with respect to every other online dealer dealing in used cars that I have got inspection from, be it Cars24, OLX Cars, Mahindra First Choice etc., Spinny offered the highest value for my car, and I almost sold it to them. They offered me Rs.3,35,000 for a car bought for around Rs.4,90,000 more than 5 years ago. I felt this was a great deal as Renault cars do not have the highest resale value as compared to Maruti's or Hyundai's, However, I got a better deal from a buyer on OLX and sold it directly to him yesterday and my car is gone now.

With the delivery of my new car not until September, I am without a car for over a month.
Old 22nd July 2022, 13:53   #51
BHPian

After going through many positive reviews, I decided to go with Spinny to try & sell my 2013 Brio 1.2 V MT.

Few details about the car:
  1. Year: 2013
  2. KM: 28000
  3. Condition: Pristine Interior; Exterior has few scratches, minor dents
  4. Car is regularly serviced by ASS
  5. Sunfilm on windscreen done by 3M, with multiple rounds of wax polishing (when I was at Pune)
  6. Originally registered in Pune, but now my car is in Kolkata (so, MH number still intact, with valid Insurance, PUC, LTT)

But before calling Spinny, I called a local NEXA Dealer to evaluate my car. They came & did a review for 20 minutes & next day quoted: Rs. 1.65L - which I immediately declined!

Then came Spinny:
  1. Booked appointment via app
  2. Being a MH car, I was apparently routed to Spinny Pune Team & they arranged the evaluation at Kolkata
  3. Evaluator arrived on time (but in plain clothe, no ID card etc.)
  4. Took around 40 minutes to do his rounds & ended with a 2-3 KM TD
  5. His feedback was - clutch is bit hard (which I disagree completely) & the radiator underbody was showing signs of corrosion - which is partly correct, but not severe, as I had 3M underbody coating done once at Pune & then further top-up at Kolkata
  6. Point to note, the Spinny App evaluation showed a price of 2,61,000-3,21,000.
  7. Got a disappointing quotation the next day for 2.0L
  8. But they would deduct Rs. 20K from the deal amount - to move the car from Kolkata to Pune (which I checked with local transporters, comes to around 14K)
  9. Additionally, to get the NOC out (which I had with me, but expired long back) - they would deduct another Rs. 1.5K.

So, it was boiling down to something like:

Deal Value: 2,00,000
Deductions: 20,000+1,500 = 21,500

So, effective car sale value = 2,00,000 - 21,500=1,78,500

I wasn't happy about this & told Spinny to reconsider or I am out. So, the next day I was offered: 2,10,000. Which now made the "effective car sale value" = 1,78,500+10000 = 1,88,500

Honestly, I was still in two minds. So, told Spinny that I may go ahead, but need few days to think it over (as I was under extreme workload). The representative from Spinny, who was the POC for this entire transaction - kept on pressurizing that they had a container coming, so they will be able to ship it next day. So if I confirm, they will close the deal immediately & pick the car up by evening etc. etc.
Under this pressure (well, probably due to workload at office) - I kind of gave up & said OK. And Spinny immediately arranged for a Driver to pick up the car by 6 PM in the evening.

Now, I was having a weird dilemma in the process:
  • My car had done a full-tank just a few days back & almost 30-35 lt Petrol was sitting there - which I couldn't siphon. And I wasn't happy to make further loss on top of a losing deal.
  • This is something Spinny couldn't assist & asked me to search around for a local technician & get this removed, before their driver comes to pick it up.
  • In between, Spiny POC called & said - there is a local rally happening in Kolkata (21st July), so Kolkata office plans to pick up the car next morning at 10 AM (& I was wondering - so the "container coming" was a nice story)
  • Now, next minute I got a call from Spinny Driver - who had been advised to pick up the car by 7 PM.

I am thinking - what's happening? Once being told 6 PM, next minute being communicated about picking up the next day (10 AM) & the following minute driver calling to pick up by 7 PM. Adding to the woes, no solution to my loss of 3-4K of precious petrol!

To make things more complex, the local NEXA Dealer who had quoted me 1.65 earlier was calling be for last several days, but due to work pressure, I couldn't speak. Now I spoke to him & this time they were offering Rs. 2.0L & pickup by next day.

I was having a tough time negotiating these trails from Spinny vs NEXA and more importantly my work. Spinny had lost me the moment they told me to go & figure how to get the petrol taken out - as if they are doing me a favor.
So I called up Spinny & told them that I am getting a better bargain & will not be ok to sell for 1,88,500/-.

And now what I have decided is:
I will hold on to my Brio - with whom I have loads of fond memories of going all across Pune, Mumbai, Lavasa, Lonavala, Khandala, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani et al.

But Spinny has not been a smooth experience.
  • They created too much undue hassle
  • Just too many calls (yesterday I received at least 15-20 calls from across Spinny POC, NOC Team, Pickup Driver, Customer Care, Gurgaon Office)
  • Also, the app - which kept on updating the data/schedule on its own (from backend of course) without my consent (e.g. I scheduled a pickup date, but someone from backend changed it per their convenience and it happened 4 times - yes FOUR times)
  • So, I may have had an one-off experience, but I am not going back this route.
sarbagna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 16:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Sold my 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.3D Alpha to Spinny today which had done only 32,400 km. The car was in great condition apart from a few minor scratches.

The car was registered in Hyderabad but I had moved to Gurgaon about 7 months ago. Hence I knew getting a good price for the car without shipping it back would be hard.

.... final offer was 8.4L which I accepted.
I was eagerly awaiting to see how much they would sell it for and was checking Spinny intermittently. It appeared today for 8.87L and seems to be already booked. Although I find it strange Spinny Hyderabad has 9 Ciazs on sales and all are booked!

Definitely not worth the hassle of transporting it to Hyderabad and dealing with so many people for the sake of 47k.

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com-screen-shot-20220725-3.56.30-pm.png

Source: https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...n-hyderabad/s/
Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 14:16   #53
BHPian

Just rejected a Spinny offer which was way too low. Much lower than the range they had given. They were trying their best to justify their offer which was thoroughly unjustified. My car is low mileage with extended warranty valid till Aug 23, new Conti UC6 tyres, new battery and full service history.
Rejected it outright.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 12:44   #54
BHPian

Recently sold my beater car “grand i10 nios 2020 “ to Spinny and got a terrific resale value. The car was 2 years old and driver 19000 kms and the next service was due .Bought the car for exactly 5 lakhs on the dot and sold it for 4.70 lakhs after 2 years of proper beater car driving .The process was super fast and right from first inspection booking to payment it took just 2 days . Their inspection took well over 1.5 hrs and the documentation was crystal. Cars 24 and other firms quoted prices ranged fro 3.5 to 3.7 lakhs and choose Spinny after seeing other Bhpians being happy with their service.
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 19:23   #55
BHPian

Would like to share my experience of selling my well maintained Alto K10 Car to Spinny.com

Some Details about the Car

Manufacturer : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Alto K10 LXI
Manufactured Year : May 2011
Registered Year : Aug 2011
Odometer at the time of Sale : 40,168 Kms
Audio Set Up : Pioneer HU / JBL Infinity Speakers on the parcel tray
Garware Sunfilm on the windows
Service History : All Scheduled services done through MASS (Kalyani and Surakshaa)
WB / WA done at Tyre Professionals, Bangalore

I had booked the Car valuation through their website, their surveyor/evaluator Mr Naveen BR came to my residence the next day, the scheduled time was 1230 PM but he called me and requested if he could come over at 930 AM since he had completed one car evaluation nearby.
He did a thorough inspection of the car be it tires, paints, dents, the Engine bay, interiors as well as exteriors,removed the beading of the door and boot and checked for rust.
He took about 40 to 45 pics of the car with different angles and in different light conditions since the car was parked in the apartment basement.
He checked the Engine bay and took some more pics and videos by starting the engine.
Then we went for a test drive for about 4 to 5 kms and he checked the brakes / AC / Gearbox.
After his evaluation the price was shared and I got in touch with Mr Deepak Singh from Gurgaon office, I was not happy with the price that was quoted by Spinny and shared the same with Mr Deepak Singh. After a couple of discussions there was a revision in the price which was in agreement to both the parties (Spinny and Myself)
Throughout the deal I was in constant touch with Mr Deepak Singh for all my queries and he was very helpful to answer all of them.
After me getting the NOC from bank the car was picked up from Spinny with all the due procedures and formalities.

All in all I would rate them 4/5.

As of today, the car has been listed on Spinny.com with an hike of 40K which is fair enough.

Disclaimer : I am in no way associated with Platform Spinny or the above named individuals, it was just a pleasant experience that I had dealing with them and wanted to share the overall experience
BrokenHW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 15:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post

As of today, the car has been listed on Spinny.com with an hike of 40K which is fair enough.
Car has been sold through Spinny when I checked yesterday.
Wishing the new owner millions of happy and safe miles
Old 31st August 2022, 00:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
Recently sold my beater car “grand i10 nios 2020 “ to Spinny and got a terrific resale value. The car was 2 years old and driver 1.

Can someone explain me this .

I had bought the car from HMP Chennai at 5 lakhs sharp , used it for 2 years and close to 19k kilometres and sold it for 4.70 lakhs . Now it has been put up for sale on their website for 5.17 lakhs . how is the price more for a used car even though I got the same car brand new for 17000 less.
Old 1st September 2022, 12:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
Can someone explain me this .

I had bought the car from HMP Chennai at 5 lakhs sharp , used it for 2 years and close to 19k kilometres and sold it for 4.70 lakhs . Now it has been put up for sale on their website for 5.17 lakhs . how is the price more for a used car even though I got the same car brand new for 17000 less.
I'm assuming yours was the Era variant since you got it for 5 lakhs.
A brand new Grand i10 costs around 6.3 lakh on-road today. I'm guessing Spinny used this price to calculate the value of the used car and not what the price was in 2020.
TheGearBox is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 12:53   #59

Sharing my experience of selling my re registered car to Spinny.

After 11 years of owning a Honda Jazz we thought of shifting to an automatic and hence the need of selling the car. We shortlisted Spinny going by the initial online and word of mouth reviews. The said car is re registered in Karnataka (from UP), for which the due process was followed at the both the RTO. The same was also told to Spinny in the initial conversation to which they seemed to be ok. The car was evaluated and the on spot feedback was very positive based on the car maintenance. The surprise and later shock began with when they chose not to put up a quote and customer support only assured with an immediate call back. It did leave a bad feeling as the whole interaction and evaluation seemed like a waste of time. After much perusal and escalation I was put in touch with an executive in Bangalore locally to which she said that the vehicle is been issued an NOC. An NOC is a procedural document required for transfer and reg registration to another state. I explained to them the process, to which, they were aware of and shared the detail of active re registered status on vahan portal. To my shock, once cornered with all the detail the executive went in denial and mumbled of seeking advise with her team. To second this experience, my friend who was also trying to sell his duly re registered car met with the same experience (MH to KA).

This is not only absurd but also unprofessional where they chose to create an issue out of nothing.Their communication was mostly opaque throughout the process. It was only much persual they interacted or gave a meaningful answer. This has only made me to resolve to stay away from Spinny and go the old school way of finding the buyer and handling the transfer process once again.
Old 19th October 2022, 20:55   #60
kvk

I have had a very positive experience selling my car with Spinny recently:

25 Aug.: Car picked up by technician after signing paperwork. Technician very polite and capable. Money transferred to my bank (minus Rs. 15K withheld for payment after RC transfer) while technician was there.

8 Sep.: Car sold to new buyer. I was able to get this info. by calling them as their website started showed my car as having been booked a few days prior to that.

13 Oct.: Got SMS saying RC transfer has been successfully completed.

17 Oct.: Got SMS saying payment of remaining 15K has been initiated. Same day money deposited in my account.

Little less than 2 months from sale to full money received.
kvk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks