Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 16:16   #1
BHPian

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

I sold my 2011 Wagon R to myspinny which is another start up and unlike Cars 24 they sell cars directly to individual buyers.

The overall experience was good and the price I got was within lower range suggested by orange book.

The inspection was carried at doorstep and some issues were identified as follows. The guy who came for inspection was aware of team-bhp and was impressed to know that I am member.

Scratches: The car had quite a few scratches on one side and needed fixing.
Steering: Steering was tight and making noises which I had also observed.
Clutch: Was told clutch was hard and needed repair though I disagree.
Suspension: Was told front driver side arm has worn out needed replacement.

If I had sold to end user I might have got 15K more but then some issues mentioned above would also needed to be rectified. Also selling to individual comes with additional hassles which I was not prepared to go through.

I received token amount of 10K and rest of money was transferred via IMPS before delivery. All transfer documents were signed and received sale agreement, delivery note and payment receipt.

They check the car thoroughly even during delivery, and I am sure end users purchasing cars from myspinny will get good product.

Did not go to cars 24 after reading some bad experiences here, also since they sell cars to dealers, there are more chances of things going wrong on transferring the car.

Last edited by born_free : 21st February 2019 at 16:30.
born_free is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 09:56   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

Thanks for sharing, born_free! Moving your post to a new thread as it might help others .
Old 24th February 2019, 10:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks like their operation is limited to Delhi-NCR region.
Old 24th February 2019, 11:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looks like their operation is limited to Delhi-NCR region.
According to FAQ posted on their website, they might start operations in Bangalore

https://www.spinny.com/faq/

Quote:
Currently Spinny is operational only in Delhi NCR and Gurgaon and therefore, sellers can sell car in Delhi NCR and Gurgaon only to us. We will soon be opening our hubs in Bangalore and other major cities​.​ Do write to us if you want ​our used car selling service in your city.
Old 29th March 2019, 13:07   #5
BHPian

My car was sold to an individual within a week I sold car to to Spinny.
I got the call from the buyer's relative about the purchase .

I wanted to make sure that RC transfer was initiated, and tried contacting spinny through whatsapp, email and website but was not receiving any reply.

I also shot mail a to CEO but again received no response.

Its only when I complained on their facebook page that things started moving and I got response from the spinny.

I was given the KYC details of the buyer on mail, and was told RC transfer was in process.

Today I checked the vehicle status in Vaahan website, and it shows that NOC has been issued to Faridabad RTO which makes sense as the buyer address on KYC documents was showing as Faridabad.
born_free is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 22:37   #6
BHPian

Hi all, I wanted to check if anyone has a buying experience from spinny? Is the price mentioned on their website final or one could negotiate based on condition of the vehicle?
kaushik60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 00:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
Hi all, I wanted to check if anyone has a buying experience from spinny? Is the price mentioned on their website final or one could negotiate based on condition of the vehicle?
I didn't end up buying, but I had checked one of their dealers in gurgaon a couple of years ago. Though the website gives a professional look but the dealers dingy office was in a basement of a mall. Prices were negotiable but even then I found them high.
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
I have the same question. The price quoted on their website is almost double the OBV price. I understand they are selling certified cars, but does it warrant double the OBV price?

Maybe another question is how close to OBV price can one buy a used car? My thought was OBV price should be a good benchmark assuming that they are building these price ranges based on actual market transactions.
Old 8th July 2021, 11:25   #9
BHPian

Recently sold my car on Spinny.com.
I would rate the experience as 10/10.

They promptly visited my place on scheduled time. Thoroughly checked the vehicle. Took a test drive and explained me their entire vehicle inspection process.
They were pretty gentle with the car and the entire process was very transparent. Within 2 hours of the inspection, I got a call quoting the price. It was in the exact middle of the range shown in their website and also a good 50-60K more than what Cars24 had offered couple of months ago.
Was satisfied with the price and gave a go ahead. I was sent a token amount on the same day after I shared all the required documents on WhatsApp.

Within a couple of days there was a second round of inspection. Documentation was completed the same day. The entire amount except for 5K was transferred to my account immediately and then I handed over the car keys, RC and Pollution certificate to them.
Overall a very pleasant experience. I would highly recommend Spinny to anyone looking to sell their car.
TheWall is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 14:35   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
*SNIP* The entire amount except for 5K was transferred to my account immediately *SNIP*
So, why was the 5K not paid?

And how will you make sure that the RC is transferred to any new owner?

Cheers
Old 8th July 2021, 14:50   #11
BHPian

Any idea if they will buy a different state car in another state? My Punto is Gujarat Registered but now in Bangalore. Ofcourse, if they have opened up in Bangalore.
Any feedback would be great.
Thanks.
Old 8th July 2021, 21:09   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
So, why was the 5K not paid?

And how will you make sure that the RC is transferred to any new owner?

Cheers
5K will be paid after the RC transfer. They said that the car will be sold in 90 days.
I didn’t feel like blowing this deal over 5K. So I guess I just trust these guys to honour their end of the bargain.
Old 8th July 2021, 22:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmenhr View Post
Any idea if they will buy a different state car in another state? My Punto is Gujarat Registered but now in Bangalore. Ofcourse, if they have opened up in Bangalore.
Any feedback would be great.
Thanks.
Yes they have 2 or 3 outlets in Bangalore now. Check out their website.
I've a good experience of buying an used car from them. Their staff were very professional and responsive throughout my deal.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 13:00   #14
BHPian

I have had some experience with Spinny in Mumbai in Jan-2021.

My father dealt with them but from what I hear from him their staff was quiet professional.

They offered the highest price for my 2014 Linea T-Jet and ended up selling the vehicle for 30-40K loss.
Old 23rd September 2021, 22:51   #15
BHPian

I had good experience with Spinny.. the price offered was higher by 40-50k compared to carwale.. cars 24 gave the lowest offer.

Process was simple. They examined my vehicle and gave me a price the same day. The price was non negotiable. I confirmed them I want to go ahead and nxt day morning the came for final through inspection, which went on for almost 2 hrs.

Once inspection report was positive they checked all documents, took signature on transfer forms of RTO as well as a small agreement and processed online payment of full amount within few hrs.
Once I received the payment I handed over the keys.

Full marks to Spinny for Price as well as service.

Cars24 had worst of service as well as price.
goenkakushal is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks