Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2019, 17:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more

Oh boy. Advaith Hyundai called me 4 times last week reminding me that my trimonthly service is due.

For a car that I sold in December 2017.

I average about 1-2 calls a week from practically every service centre I have visited. For that I10, it is 6 ASS in 4 cities. One of which (V3 Hyundai) I only visited to buy a body cover. The Civic gets calls from 3 (in 3 cities).

There are other service centres; fortunately I visited them before MNP and hence they don't have my latest mobile number.

My latest car's SA added both my wife and me to a WhatsApp group of all owners to whom he sold that model, in Bangalore. I exited very quickly.

Believe it or not, I get calls from Haiku Honda for my scooter service. Didn't think they had to invest in this sort of thing.
Old 12th March 2019, 17:17   #17
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Forgot to mention this one in my earlier post.
Recently I got a call from a new MASS (Maruti Dealer owned service centre). It was a service reminder but then I'd never had the car serviced there so I asked how and why they're contacting me and the reply I got was that the dealer owned workshop where I had the car serviced earlier was shutting down that branch and these guys are not too far away from that one (but another dealer owned MASS service centre). I haven't yet verified if that service centre really has been shut down and if the contact details were shared by Maruti due to this (as this dealer owned workshop claimed).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 18:36   #18
BHPian

Service reminders are still all right. Imagine this scenario. You go for the service before time and get it done. Somehow that doesn't get communicated to the communication department.

In the last 2 weeks (just after the 1 month anniversary of my Honda), I have been getting numerous calls and texts about service reminders from Honda's Peeragarhi service center. I patiently answered them at first, but I have realized that there is a limit to patience too!

I have another interesting piece to share here. I had booked a Kicks before cancelling it once I realized I didn't really like the car. I was contacted by a marketing agency (I think it was Neilson) about my showroom experience. I was waiting for someone, so I thought - why not kill some time? They had the widest range of questions from if the security guard wished to whether I was offered tea. 2 minutes into the call, I am too annoyed to rate situations from 1-10, and the lady says it's just been two minutes, we have another thirteen to go! I politely hung up.

I wonder how life must be for the people on the other side.
Old 16th March 2019, 21:14   #19
BHPian

The only time I receive any call is when my car/bike is at the dealership. Otherwise, I don't receive any call at all. I know when to update insurance & am thorough with service schedule of all my vehicles (as should be everybody). Thus I don't need anybody telling me what is due for my vehicle & what isn't.
Truecaller has truly made our life easier. I ignore calls, block them & re-suggest their name with something flowery, which can't be mentioned on this forum
Old 16th March 2019, 23:10   #20
BHPian

I just got my 20k service done for my ecosport two days ago about and another ford dealer is calling today for the same 20k service!! Plain annoying. The insurance calls are another ordeal. I contemplate going into hiding when my insurance is due.

Trucaller has become a necessary evil. I made trucaller the default sms app just once and the spam sms grew multifold almost the same day. Changed the sms back to default android app again. But impossible to live without trucaller now. It does help a great deal in identifying spam calls.
Old 16th March 2019, 23:24   #21
BHPian

I've stopped answering unknown numbers. Period. If anyone has to contact urgently, he or she will message. No grief!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 00:25   #22

I get on an average six calls from different numbers after service from MASS, and each time they ask about whether the service was done in a timely manner, any issues with the vehicle, etc. and that I'll be getting a call from their head office regarding service quality, so be prepared to get another call.

For the first two times, I appreciate it, then it gets annoying and for the love of God, stop making me say the vehicle is running fine. (I don't want to jinx it.)

I recently got my S Cross serviced (1st year or 10,000 km) and I have received four calls, so waiting for the 2 more calls.

Insurance calls are an entirely different matter. The person calling me apparently doesn't have the authority to remove my name as the owner and I am still getting calls for the vehicle I already sold, the name transferred, etc.

I am still getting calls and messages from the service centre of Royal Enfield, Chevrolet.

TVS service centre is good, they usually send one reminder before the service interval and 2 calls after service.

In this matter, Honda service centre (two-wheeler) is at a different level. They didn't care in the past, and I still don't get calls from them regarding service camps.
Old 17th March 2019, 11:28   #23
BHPian

I utilise my post service calls to give feedback on whatever thing that I am not happy about and they usually strive to get it right by asking me to visit the service station again. I moved from one area to other in Bangalore and the annoying thing about cauvery ford is that they are not deleting my contact in spite of me clearly stating that I've moved and in future I'll be servicing my figo a Mahadevpura ford service. One another trick up there sleeve is they will call earlier by 2 months of service due and try to make the service earlier, I fell for their trick once. Otherwise I'm fine with ford.
Old 17th March 2019, 12:50   #24
BHPian

Fortunately for me, somehow I fall at the other end of the spectrum: very few people from the car industry bother calling me even if I would want them to.

Way back in 2008, I got a call from Chevrolet showroom asking if I had got the test drive of the Chevrolet Spark, or if I still want one. I was confused since I hadn't requested this test drive; but then I remembered that I had, in fact several times around 1.5 years back (before I finally bought my SX4), but never got one.
Old 17th March 2019, 14:18   #25
BHPian

Well, the calls are highly irritating. I get around 3-4 calls everyday from telemarketers (dealerships/insurance agents/B2B marketplaces/business loans etc.)

The dealership from where I bought from is on a totally another level. They never call me for servicing of my Zest however they call me for servicing for Nano/Vista/Manza. I also keep getting messages about some Tata Nano being ready after service and I should pick it up!
Old 17th March 2019, 16:11   #26
BHPian

If you use JioFi device , use that number for most of interactions with commercial entities. I can guarantee a peaceful life.
Thilak29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 19:56   #27
BHPian

Last year I drove to Lucknow from Calcutta, in the month of August. While going there, I made a halt in Benaras, where I stayed for two nights and my car was used extensively. After few days in Lucknow I needed to clean my car (an SX4), as it got very dirty. I did not know about any car cleaning guy in Alambagh area, where my hotel was located but could see a Maruti service center just four buildings away from my hotel. I took my car there for a water service and vacuuming of the interior.

The job was done to my satisfaction but I am getting calls from them ever since, at least four times. I explained the lady caller that I was not a resident of Lucknow, only a visitor there and my car's registration number clearly defined that it was an out of state car. Yet I continue to receive calls from them, last time some fifteen days ago.
Old 17th March 2019, 20:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How you guys deal with it?
Everyone who owns a car can relate with this. Like most of the other folks here, I trust TrueCaller to do the job of blocking the calls from insurance providers, car dealerships, etc.

However, I have an exception for my A. S. S., especially after I have visited the workshop. This is because the service feedback is part of the SA's monthly performance metrics and keeping your SA happy goes a long way in getting the best service for your car and making sure you're not taken for a ride next time.

So yes, for me it's attending the feedback calls, blocking everything else.
Old 18th March 2019, 04:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

I personally visited Bimal autos call center and their manager to get me out of their calling list, and they didnt remove still

What I follow is a 2 number 2 email policy -
One primary email and phone number for friends, family and important stuff
Another email and phone number for all junk ( say dealerships, online registrations etc etc)
And true caller on top of that to filter junk and block unwanted.
Old 18th March 2019, 12:39   #30
BHPian

I have used the nuclear option. I have a list of numbers white-listed and set the phone to DND mode. Any unwanted call will register as a miss. I will return or ignore on my schedule. If someone repeatedly calls (twice in 5 minutes), it will get through.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks