Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 12:51   #31
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more

I have been searching for a car for the past two months. Have visited almost all showrooms & used car dealers. Especially now, I have started getting a minimum of 5 to 10 calls per day. Yes, it is very very annoying, but I take it bit positively as they have their own targets during the year-end.

I expect to come down in a month or so.

NB: According to my recent experience, Nexa sales is very aggressive.
Old 18th March 2019, 15:06   #32
BHPian

I receive a lot of calls from all the MASSs that I have visited. The typical types of calls would be -
1) Calling for service reminder. Some caller from MASS even said that the service interval is 5000Km/Maruti has revised the service interval to 5000Km.
2) Reminder for insurance renewal approximately 1.5 months before the policy expires. There will be calls from MASS and random insurance agents and will use a lot of insurance related jargon.
3) Call from service centre and then again from Maruti for feedback on service
4) Call from 3M about new offers/service (which are sometimes useful)

What I have generally observed is that the dealer owned service centres call up more later (for feedback and then reminder for next service). However, I had visited a MSM in the past and I received just 1 call from Maruti for feedback. That's it.

As some members mentioned, I get calls for my current car as well as my previous car which I have sold 2 years back. I have told all the callers that I have sold the car and to delete my name from the records; but in vain.
Old 18th March 2019, 18:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I zap them all with TrueCaller. Not only do I reject the call, but I also 'block' the number in TrueCaller so they don't bother me again. I can't imagine using my phone without TrueCaller.
I am sure that you would be using an Android based device, as TrueCaller does not work properly on IOS platform
Old 19th March 2019, 23:19   #34
BHPian

If you use an Android phone, download the DND app of TRAI and just SMS the complaints. It's pretty seamless. I was bothered by insurance companies and builders. I even got calls from a prominent builder asking me to withdraw my DND complaint as apparently their entire "bank of phones" was being disconnected because of my DND complaint. Last few months I have got a bunch of telemarketers disconnected from my 2 cell numbers. Here is a snapshot of 1 of them.

The other screenshot is the e-mail from the builder after I refused to answer their calls.

The idea is to get off their database. Or you can keep expecting calls.
Attached Thumbnails
Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more-screenshot_20190319231608_1.jpg  

Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more-screenshot_20190319232624.jpg  

Last edited by invidious : 19th March 2019 at 23:28. Reason: Grammar and adding a screenshot
invidious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
If you use an Android phone, download the DND app of TRAI and just SMS the complaints. It's pretty seamless. I was bothered by insurance companies and builders. I even got calls from a prominent builder asking me to withdraw my DND complaint as apparently their entire "bank of phones" was being disconnected because of my DND complaint. Last few months I have got a bunch of telemarketers disconnected from my 2 cell numbers. Here is a snapshot of 1 of them.

The other screenshot is the e-mail from the builder after I refused to answer their calls.

The idea is to get off their database. Or you can keep expecting calls.
I had similar experience in relation to a car dealer in Pune and he sent numerous emails requesting for withdrawal of complaint or their 16 lines were on the verge of being disconnected. This was when I complained for a Vodafone number.

However, for Jio connections with DND, its a different scenario. Jio simply "resolves" the issue by replying that the number is not registered in DND so no action can be taken. Had to send emails to Jio and TRAI about the same since my number was clearly shown in DND database.
akshay81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 19:37   #36
Team-BHP Support

Just see the level of annoyance these guys can rake up.

Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more-maruti.jpg

And the last service of my Swift wasn't a good one. They charged me for wrong oil [5w30], correct grade would be [0W20]. This was observed by the friendly & expert D-BHPian Leoshashi. Charged me unnecessarily for throttle body cleaning [Rs. 255] and Side slip & brake tester charges [Rs. 400]. Don't know whether to laugh or at them & now these stupid WhatsApp messages / calls.
Attached Thumbnails
Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more-9a92623328a74a9c9bf80a366bc26090.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2022, 15:17   #37
Team-BHP Support

Nothing has stopped and it appears even Maruti approves of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more-85d87b483bad49349547becced257319.jpeg  

Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more-947ec5ef524a422a9c6be9b98ad8d678.png  

Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more-ec578f963a7346e7b567f255ec858a1f.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks