Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2019, 11:21   #1
BHPian

Dealer shuts down after delivery; how to correct the invoice & get the smart card RC?

I bought a Santro from Mohan Hyundai in Kolkata in February 2019. About 14-15 days after delivery of the car I came to know from the sales advisor that the dealership has closed and is no more a dealer of Hyundai.

Now the problem is the dealer mentioned a wrong address (the address was an old address mentioned in the voter ID card that was submitted) in invoice which I didn't check at the time of delivery. The documents sent for registration and the booking document show my correct address.

Now I want an invoice with correct address.

Another concern that I have is that the smart card or registration certificate is delivered through the dealer. How I will get the smart card delivered?

Since the dealership is closed, I have raised the issue with Hyundai customer care. It is more than 15 days and I have not heard anything from them. I called them twice and all I hear is that it is under resolution . The customer care gave me the contact no. of the Hyundai regional office but the number seems to be perennially busy.

Anybody has any email contacts of the higher ups in Hyundai? Please help!!

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2019 at 08:42. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts correctly
archat68 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th March 2019, 11:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Dealer shuts down after delivery; how to correct the invoice & get the smart card RC?

Quote:
The documents sent for registration and the booking document shows my correct address.
These are the important documents; I feel this shouldn't be a big issue for you considering the documents that were sent for registration, and hence what will show on the RC, are on your correct address.

The address on the Invoice shouldn't matter; this is what my experience shows.

Quote:
Another concern that I have is that the smart card or registration certificate is delivered through the dealer. How I will get the smart card delivered?
RC is always delivered straight at your address; dealer is not involved.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 11:46   #3
BHPian

re: Dealer shuts down after delivery; how to correct the invoice & get the smart card RC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
RC is always delivered straight at your address; dealer is not involved.
Thanks for the reply.

Here in Kolkata from my last two car purchase experiences, the RC was delivered in person by the dealer in both the cases.
Old 28th March 2019, 12:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I bought a Santro from Mohan Hyundai in Kolkata in February 2019. About 14-15 days later after delivery of the car I came to know from the sales advisor that the dealership has closed and is no more a dealer of Hyundai.

This is sad. I can understand how you feel especially after buying something new.

However please note what is important is the RC card. All details like chassis number, registration no., name of owner etc should be correct. Invoice should not matter much. If you have a clean original RC and no invoice, you can still sell your car but not vice-versa.

As far as delivery of RC is concerned, this is usually delivered at the registered address of the owner. You can try or use a good agent to extract your RC directly from the concerned RTO.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2019 at 08:43. Reason: Trimming quoted post
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 08:44   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dealer shuts down after delivery; how to correct the invoice & get the smart card RC?

+1 to ruzbehxyz. Visit the RTO with the car & all supporting documents. I'd hire an agent too and get it sorted directly at the RTO level. Do it fast before they dispatch the smart card!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 21:07   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dealer shuts down after delivery; how to correct the invoice & get the smart card RC?

There is no hanky panky involved in your invoice and registration changes, that are genuinely intentioned. As explained by other friends, its wiser to get in touch with the RTO and a good agent there, rather than waiting for the company to respond.

A wait for the company response will delay your whole process. As once such erroneous entries are made in RTO records, they may ask for affidavits and further proofs to alter the original entries. The latter may also involve several trips to the RTO with less results.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 10:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
There is no hanky panky involved in your invoice and registration changes, that are genuinely intentioned.
I think you misunderstood. The RTO documents have the correct address mentioned in them. It is the invoice which have different and incorrect address.

I want an invoice with my correct address that is why I contacted Hyundai.

I contacted the RTO already asking if I can collect the RC personally. They said for that I need a receipt of Rs 340 or something that was issued for the Smart card. Now I don't have that receipt. Most probably the dealer kept that as in Kolkata at least the smart card is usually delivered through the dealer.
Old 1st April 2019, 11:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I think you misunderstood. The RTO documents have the correct address mentioned in them. It is the invoice which have different and incorrect address.

I want an invoice with my correct address that is why I contacted Hyundai.

I contacted the RTO already asking if I can collect the RC personally. They said for that I need a receipt of Rs 340 or something that was issued for the Smart card. Now I don't have that receipt. Most probably the dealer kept that as in Kolkata at least the smart card is usually delivered through the dealer.
You can always file for a lost RC and get a new one issued by yourself.

Most Viewed