Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2007, 11:18   #1
BHPian

Mahindra dealer changed Tyre!( Sirish - blr)

My Bolero was given for 60K service, the service adviser told you need to do a hub greesing and will have to leave overnight.
Next day when I took the delivery, I noticed that one of my tyres is different ( I had tubeless Michelin - which is easly identifiable). They put some worn out tyre. After I made noise, they started tracing the tyre and found that the bolero XL in next service bay had my tyre. They said it was a mistake.

My advise to all, make sure you check everything is proper the way you gave( atleast visible parts) when you take delivery after service!.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:28   #2
BHPian

I think we can have a team-bhp advice thread listing recommended service stations of different makes like Maruti, Tata, Ford, Hyundai etc in major cities.

Mods : your opinion ?

Last edited by navdeep : 25th January 2007 at 11:37.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
I think we can have a team-bhp advice thread listing recommended service stations for different makes like Maruti, Tata, Ford, Hyundai etc in major cities.

Mods : your opinion ?
That would be fantastic! . Actually I am in look for a good service station (authorised or not) in bangalore. Sirish I am not going anyway, heard the very old "India Garage" is also bad. Not sure about "Vijay" service.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:38   #4
BHPian

this will be good reckoner for guys who are new to city or on a holiday trip.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:24   #5

Service station

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
That would be fantastic! . Actually I am in look for a good service station (authorised or not) in bangalore. Sirish I am not going anyway, heard the very old "India Garage" is also bad. Not sure about "Vijay" service.
Chanpli

My new bolero which i picked up on Jan 15th had front coil spring interference with the chassis from day one, I had bought the vehicle from vijai sales, So i went to their service station, their service was good, they replaced the new springs for me. Since your car has already done 60K, I can recommend the place I used to service my zen for 4 years(Fast Cars). I am planning to give my bolero after the free services to him. They are in the next lane to Vijai sales service station on BGT road oppto IIM. You can call me on 9845071679, i can give you their nos if you are interested!
Old 25th January 2007, 14:54   #6
BHPian

Bolero - front coil spring issue

Hey - Sorry for not responding so far (was travelling - on a roadtrip for about 1800 kms in a week in my bolero). i will upload my Bolero's alloys photographs..

But i am surprised to see prev post. I picked up my Bolero on Dec 9/2006. Even i have the same problem of having a faulty front suspension coil spring. Its the same Vijai Auto from whom i picked up the vehicle. And right now (today) my vehicle is also in service station getting a change in coil spring of front left suspension.

what a coincidence. I am wondering if we should pick up this issue with Mahindra... Please post your views. Looks like there may be more than 2 bolero's with this issue that were delivered off late..
Old 25th January 2007, 16:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Must have been a mistake. Tyre changes are obvious & no car owner is that foolish not to notice it.
Old 29th January 2007, 10:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Must have been a mistake. Tyre changes are obvious & no car owner is that foolish not to notice it.
Agree that could be a mistake.

But how could they make such mistake!. Since it was a visible part, I could notice. Most of the guys dont have time and knowledge to check and we have to believe them that they did not replace any internal parts for their benefit.
Old 29th January 2007, 11:29   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
what a coincidence.

Well, I guess It could have been an assembly line problem. Vijai Sales guys feel that the Spring did not sit properly in the Cup, and while driving it could have bent. Infact Mahesha the shop floor manager mentioned that he had received a similar complaint, and the customer did not comeback as yet. He would have by now sent a report to M&M with my coil springs. My vehicle is fine now, and I dont have that noise after they replaced the springs. Let me know how yours is doing!!
Old 20th February 2007, 19:34   #10
jp1
BHPian

I had some issue with the front suspension Bolero which was taken delivery in June06, from Vijay sales. After 2 or 3 days after after taking delivery, some noise was coming from one of the front suspension and the guys told me some nut was loose. The problem did not repeat after fixing
Old 30th December 2008, 10:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I thought I shall just bring this thread back up rather than opening a new one. I was looking for a decent garage for Bolero around Old Madras Road area. One of my friends is looking for a good service station for Bolero around Bangalore. He is looking for regular servicing at the moment and later planning to do some modification jobs as well.
MM Owners, please let me know about your experiances with the service stations in Bangalore and which one is good to go with.
Thank you.
Old 30th December 2008, 10:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

my Tata A.S.S steals wheelcaps, wheel spanners , tow hooks etc !
Old 30th December 2008, 10:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

My questions still remains, I shall open a new thread if I dont get the answer and guys need this thread to discuss the topic on this thread. thanks.
Old 30th December 2008, 10:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is the last thing that should happen to M&M dealerships. Already M&M and (maybe) their dealerships are under pressure as Renault has backed out. I know it is the problem with the dealer and not M&M. They cannot afford to do these things and needs to be cautious in future.
Old 8th February 2010, 21:28   #15
BHPian

I left my Xylo for the 20k service and India Garage has charged me a 10k bill.
They have done some oil changes that i am not to sure if was necessary. eg.
1. change of diff oils which is not as per service mannual specs,
2. Engine Decarbonzing 1500 rs and
3. Engine Flushing 675.
Do you need to do 2 & 3 this to new vehicles? and 1. has been done on the 10000 service.

Regards
Prithvi

Most Viewed