Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:12   #1
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Luxury car dealer from Mumbai absconds after duping customers of Rs. 5 crore

Supercars in Santacruz (previously Platinum Auto), a prominent preowned luxury vehicle dealer in Mumbai has been accused in swindling 13 victims of Rs 5 crore through bogus sales.

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/...w/68679644.cms

Quote:
FIRs have been registered against Sunil Bhatia, the proprietor of Supercars in Santacruz.
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 17:09   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yet another fraud by a premium car dealer - Sunil Bhatia from Mumbai absconding

Moral of the story = stick to dealers of repute.

Sunil Bhatia was famous in the suburbs, especially with clients from Bandra, Khar & Santa Cruz. Modus operandi is similar. Either take money from clients & don't deliver cars, or sell their cars & don't pay them.

Link to News Article

Link to FB page with more information

From the Facebook page:
Yet another fraud by a premium car dealer - Sunil Bhatia from Mumbai absconding-55519525_2092157564234765_8884779664464150528_n.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2019 at 17:13.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 18:02   #3
BHPian

Is he the same person mentioned in post 40 of this thread? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...-mumbai-3.html (Audi's all new showroom in Mumbai)

Also, found post 42 from here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post1346030 (ET: Luxury cars at throwaway prices! article on pre-owned luxury car business)
GrandTourer is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 18:16   #4
BHPian

Re: Yet another fraud by a premium car dealer - Sunil Bhatia from Mumbai absconding

If I'm not mistaken he was an active member of Team-Bhp in the good old days. Savoy Chambers was his operating address. The last I saw of his 'for sale' collection, it included the Countach kit car along with 2-3 Rolls and other exotics.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd April 2019 at 22:55. Reason: Typo corrected. oprating -> operating
octane1002 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 00:43   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yet another fraud by a premium car dealer - Sunil Bhatia from Mumbai absconding

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
If I'm not mistaken he was an active member of tbhp in the good old days. Savoy Chambers was his oprating address. The last i saw of his 'for sale' collection, it included the Countach kit car along with 2-3 Rolls and other exotics.
Yes, same member - S600Benz (Something About Me).

I remember in those days he operated out of a bungalow in Bandra where I had seen a few Bentley's and a Lamborghini. Then setup a used Supercar showroom called Platinum Auto. This closed down within a year and it was then setup on Andheri Oshiwara link road as Sai Point Super Cars. Which again shut down and then moved to Santacruz as Ms Supercars.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd April 2019 at 08:57. Reason: Said > Sai.
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 08:40   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
This closed down within a year and it was then setup on Andheri Oshiwara link road as Said Point Super Cars. Which again shut down and then moved to Santacruz as Ms Supercars.
There was a Sai point super cars in Pune at a very prime location which shutdown within a year as well.

Yet another fraud by a premium car dealer - Sunil Bhatia from Mumbai absconding-saipoint.png
moralfibre is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 20:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quoting from Mumbai Mirror article:

Yet another fraud by a premium car dealer - Sunil Bhatia from Mumbai absconding-mumbai.jpg

Amazing. Some customers just look at car photos on laptop and cut a big cheque for it.

Last edited by SmartCat : 5th April 2019 at 20:20.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 20:14   #8
BHPian

I met him around 3years back, went to see a BMW E60 M5, was sent pictures of a White car and when I went to see it was wrapped Matt Blue. I was shown the car with LOW Fuel light and barely any fuel. The ODO showed only 10k odd kms but the car was very poorly kept. Just walked away without a test drive. While waiting in his office had a look around the other cars and realized most were "Done Up".
Old 7th April 2019, 20:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
I met him around 3years back, went to see a BMW E60 M5, was sent pictures of a White car and when I went to see it was wrapped Matt Blue.
Seems like this car is now on sale at BBT. Saw an E60 M5 in Matte Blue last week and I presume it's the same car.

Did BBT take it off this guy's hands?

Cheers!
Old 7th April 2019, 20:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
: OT Seems like this car is now on sale at BBT. Saw an E60 M5 in Matte Blue last week and I presume it's the same car.

Did BBT take it off this guy's hands?

Cheers!
The car I saw, the first owner was Sachin Tendulkar. It was Maroon original then was repainted white and then wrapped to conceal the poor quality repaint.
mura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 00:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
The car I saw, the first owner was Sachin Tendulkar. It was Maroon original then was repainted white and then wrapped to conceal the poor quality repaint.
I think it's the same car then. There's not a very high chance of another E60 M5 wrapped in Matte Blue in Mumbai I guess.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks