Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 11:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Concorde Motors (Tata dealer group) is in big trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
My birdie told me on last Friday that Concorde has a few thousands of cars in inventory that are customer-cancelled type. I.e. - customers booked, made payments & then cancelled just before delivery. They are trying to clear these stocks somehow & aren't really dealing in anything other than that.

If what he said is correct - Bafna motors in Pune (erstwhile Pandit Auto) is in the process of taking over some or all of Concorde's Pune businesses. In my opinion, that would be very good - if they can continue to run all the Concorde facilities in the city. They have good large workshops & showrooms at strategic places along highways as well. Bafna tends to be multiple times better than Concorde in sales, service in Pune.
I think this is true. My brother was in the market for a Nexon last month (location: Hyderabad) and Concord motors clearly told him that he has to choose from the inventory they have readily available with them and they cannot (or rather will not) order a new car for him.

He went ahead and brought the car (Nexon Craz) from Venkataramana Motors.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:59   #32

Well, as a HEXA owner myself, I reckon its a good move. The staff had a government office attitude and the service was beyond ordinary, nobody interested in their jobs. I still remember the sales person telling me that the XTA has an AMT gearbox that has been the level of their knowledge on their most premium offering.
Service experience was abysmal too, "Thou shall leave the car and ask no questions ", we are too busy.

Latest incident, my friend was interested in Nexon and upon visiting Concorde Baner, nobody cared to attend for 10 minutes as they were busy chitchatting, when we started to move out is when a shabbily dressed guy came to attend us, my friend eventually went ahead with Venue because of drastically different customer service experience from Hyundai next door.
murcie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 19:15   #33
BHPian

Probably the best decision taken by TATA motors until now, back in 2006 December when we had been to diary circle concorde motors, they had very bad attitude and would not attend customers for a long time, i purchased my car from prerana motors.

I thought, they might have changed now, but a big NO. Few months back when my colleague wanted to pick Nexon he had similar experience.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 09:24   #34
BHPian

I think this is a good move by Tata Motors - at least you reduce the count of irritated prospective customers.

I bought my Fiat from Concorde Motors in Dairy Circle in 2012. They gave the best deal at that time. But when I rejected a car during PDI, due to bird dropping marks, the Sales Manager behaved in a very rude and high-handed manner - beggars belief about how such a personality found himself in a consumer sales role. It was the young sales advisor who made the deal happen, despite the irksome manager.
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 10:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Heard from someone in Pune that Concorde Baner hasn't sold a car in two months either. COCO outlets are supposed to be better run because they have the backing (financial, strategic) of the company. Wonder how Concorde messed up.
Concorde does sales and service.
Not really - a friend working at Tata suggests that the discounts are pre-defined for a particular fortnight and the sales team cannot go beyond approved numbers, which private dealers can always do and win the business. He indicated that at times the outlets have let go a client for say INR 5000 additional discount, which was offered by competition.

Exactly same situation with Hyundai Motor Plaza, outlets were withdrawn / closed due to predatory discounts by private dealers.

Manufacturing and sales are very different; a strategy without giving free hand to sales team will seldom result in a success.

Last edited by i74js : 13th November 2019 at 10:42.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 07:55   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Manu Gupta for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
In regard to this thread, another one of Tata Concorde Motors showrooms seems to be shutting down near Akshardham in Delhi.
Concorde Motors (Tata dealer group) is in big trouble. EDIT: Shutting down-annotation-20191114-075338.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 11:27   #37
BANNED

Instead of COCO dealerships, they should have gone for company owned Experience-Centers where the prospective buyers can have a good look at the cars and do the TD, while the dealer partners handle everything else.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 08:26   #38
BHPian

I went there to ask for Tiago JTP. The receptionist asked me to take a seat and then simply went chatting. Even though there were easily 10+ staff gossiping around, no one bothered to even approach me. So, I had to simply walked out of the place after waiting and watching this happen.

Concorde all over seem to be in the process of shutting down, even the Dairy Circle Concorde motors.
crodjer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 16:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
I went there to ask for Tiago JTP. The receptionist asked me to take a seat and then simply went chatting. Even though there were easily 10+ staff gossiping around, no one bothered to even approach me. So, I had to simply walked out of the place after waiting and watching this happen.

Concorde all over seem to be in the process of shutting down, even the Dairy Circle Concorde motors.
Got the confirmation from the Concord (Dairy Circle, Bangalore) senior staff last week. It is indeed shutting down.The sales person (who is moving to a new Tata dealership on first week of December) recommended me to Prerna Motors (BTM layout), which doesn't seem like a promising dealership to me.
In Bangalore, which Tata dealership is recommended after Concord Motors?
Old 3rd December 2019, 08:45   #40

anyone please suggest a reasonably well mannered Tata Motors dealer in South Delhi?
I want to try out the Hexa, but the horrible reports of Tata Motors dealers and after sales service is a major deterrent.
Wouldn't want to visit a dealership to be given a cold shoulder.
Some dealership with professionalism will suffice
Old 20th December 2019, 21:33   #41
BHPian

Erstwhile Concorde motors stockyard at Tathawade
This has been taken over by Bafna Motors, from whom i am buying Nexon. Was there for PDI in the stockyard itself.

The sun setting on BS4. There must be atleast 20rows by 15 columns of cars sitting there!
Attached Thumbnails
Concorde Motors (Tata dealer group) is in big trouble. EDIT: Shutting down-img_20191220_172209__01.jpg  

Torq is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:06   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my erstwhile service guys is currently with Concorde Bangalore. Was speaking to him today, a general call since he had moved out of the dealership I go to but we are still in touch. He said there is uncertainity on Concorde continuing operations, but they have not been provided a specific date. Also, due to this, the service persons there are possibly looking out for options.
Old 7th February 2020, 13:41   #43
BHPian

In Kerala Concode motors showrooms has been taken over by Gokulam motors. They call it now Gokulam Tata. Gokulam groups got good reputation in hospitality and entertainment business. Their management is also good. Hope this will turn into much needed good showroom/service experience for Tata customers.
http://www.gokulammotors.com/
K_Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 14:49   #44
BHPian

Recently, I have got my Tiago serviced (4th service) at Concord ECR, Chennai. I asked my service adviser about closing down of Concord and checked about this one.

He replied me that a new management would be taking over that service center. The new one is not yet decided but seems that Concord is going out here.
bvasista is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:21   #45
BHPian

Concorde Motors in Bangalore is taken over by Kropex Auto. The operations at the taken over dealerships in Bangalore will start from the first week of March.

I had booked a service appointment for this week. Since there was no response from the service center, I rang up my regular service advisor. He told me that Concorde is now taken over by Kropex and almost half of the employees have quit, remaining ones decided to go on with Kropex. He recommended that I can get the service done at Kropex until the taken over dealerships becomes operational.
igniteddriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks