Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2019, 22:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Concorde Motors (Tata dealer group) is in big trouble

This is BAD news! Other showroom service area will be flooded with cars, even with limited customers most of them were of no good.

Tata is just like most internet celebrities, not very good when you get close to them.

Cars themselves are very good, solid options in their segment, sales and service are far behind most decent competition.
giri1.8 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 22:08   #17
BHPian

OEM owning dealerships might be a good way to try pilot projects as they have direct control over these firms.

Not sure if Tata put effort and put together the resources to do it the right way. Its sad to read reports that things didnt go well. This will eventually make OEMs shy away from this business model in the future at least in the Indian market.
Old 9th November 2019, 22:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I just have one experience with Concorde (near Forum mall, Bangalore), & I'll never step into one for the rest of my life in all probability. This was when the Vista was launched and the supremely arrogant SA gave me a 1 km TD in B2B traffic and expected me to book the car. Couple of friends accompanied me for the TD and he had the audacity to say only the person who plans to book the car need to take the TD. I'll be very happy if such morons lose their job and sit at home when they dont do any justice to the salary they take.
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 23:06   #19
BHPian

I had a fantastic experience with Concorde, Satara road, Pune while booking my Tiago, albeit, I did buy the vehicle from HEM motors satara at a later date, while cancelling booking at Concorde to save a few bucks.
The SA came home to provide a TD (more than 10kms away), then after taking the TD (and being impressed) i asked him to come back again after two days as wife wants to check it out too. He did!
He came again for the formalities and collecting cheque.
Overall great experience.

They did harass me with cancellation though. It took me six months and a few mails and calls to Tata customer care to get my 6k INR back
Torq is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 02:34   #20
BHPian

I've been to multiple TATA dealers over a period of time, the main thing which is the most common in all of them is, they are not at all willing to work. Its like, "saar ye car hai, aap dekhlo..." and then they just stand their looking into their mobile or chatting to someone else.

Concorde being a TATA direct subsidiary, all the people working there are TATA employees, which has made them more lethargic and relaxed.
I have been promised a call back multiple times for a Safari/Storme(before it was phased out) but have never got it. Its like, the car is never available.

I've always believed and been vocal about TATA dealers being the weakest link in the TATA motors.
Their products have been fantastic, with a little pust towards sales and service, TATA Motors can really climb the sales ladder.
I hope it happens someday.

Last edited by iamahunter : 10th November 2019 at 02:36.
iamahunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 08:41   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I'll be very happy if such morons lose their job and sit at home when they dont do any justice to the salary they take.
Had a similar experience with Honda, man that salesguy with blazers and tie literally looked at me like I didn't belong (true I was a guy in my 20s with casuals on), I was snubbed royally. Honda was sitting pretty with its CRV, Civic, Accord etc 10 years ago and were kings, Hyundai demolished them pretty fast soon after.

If weren't for Maruti and Hyundai's aggressive customer acquisition techniques, I'd say the rest would treat everybody as garbage and not move a muscle until we bring the chequebook.

As mentioned by others, TATA is a babuland, an organization steeped in bureaucracy. Its good Fiat got out of there when they could (TATA people were pushing TATA over Fiat citing non availability). My policy is to strictly avoid Indian companies of any sort by a mile unless unavoidable (followed by Chinese) and that has worked.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 12:23   #22
BHPian

Concorde was the only service centre that does not sell services as other private contractors or Maruti does.

May be that's the reason?

and I hope they don't become like others.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 12:32   #23
BHPian

If they do close down it will be bad for me. I service my car at Concorde Motors dairy circle, as this falls on my route to office. Else I will have to go opposite direction.

The service is decent. Nothing major to complain about
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 12:48   #24
BHPian

Why sell, Concorde showrooms are at prime locations. Taj Hotels may have better ROI than auto dealership.
Old 10th November 2019, 12:59   #25
KMT
BHPian

Is this the tip of the Iceberg?

Is the rest of Tata Motors the rest of the iceberg.

Due to their incredibly deep pockets they have been able to survive flop after flop.

For instance the awesome new Harrier is already being offered at a Rs65,000/- discount on TV today.

It looks the best in its segment and it has the brilliant Fiat diesel and its segment is Booming with Kia, MG, Jeep and even Hyundai scoring decent numbers.

The poor guys just cant get their act together.

I for one think the rest of Tata Motors is heading for an even bumpier ride in future.
Old 10th November 2019, 13:00   #26
BHPian

I had purchased a Nano back in 2014 and have upgraded to a Nexon Dec 2018. Both the cars were bought from Concorde motors, Velachery, Chennai. The sales experience was very good and they were sticking to their commitments on both the instances. They agreed to my test drive requirements. 50+ kms of driving in Nexon and gradient climbing ability in Nano (took them inside Phoenix mall parking lot ). Sad to see this place shutting down. Have referred my colleagues who bought Tiagos here. Concorde Service center located in ECR was very good when I had my Nano, have turned worse when I took my Nexon there earlier this year, had a bad experience with the service center.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th November 2019 at 23:59. Reason: Typo.
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 08:09   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

We were discussing this in the office and the opinion was that the ambience of the Mumbai Concorde Motors was like a government office. Very disinterested employees & general lack of motivation.

If Tata does shut down Concorde, I will see it as a positive thing. Tata should remain in the "manufacturing" cars business, not the retailing of them. Dealerships require an entrepreneurial management & the good locations should be handed over to smaller businessmen.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 10:03   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

My birdie told me on last Friday that Concorde has a few thousands of cars in inventory that are customer-cancelled type. I.e. - customers booked, made payments & then cancelled just before delivery. They are trying to clear these stocks somehow & aren't really dealing in anything other than that.

If what he said is correct - Bafna motors in Pune (erstwhile Pandit Auto) is in the process of taking over some or all of Concorde's Pune businesses. In my opinion, that would be very good - if they can continue to run all the Concorde facilities in the city. They have good large workshops & showrooms at strategic places along highways as well. Bafna tends to be multiple times better than Concorde in sales, service in Pune.
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 10:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Bafna tends to be multiple times better than Concorde in sales, service in Pune.
Based on my own experience with last visit to Bafna at law college road sales showroom, I'd say they were very accommodating and did value the business and their customers.
In our Pune Tiago club, there are many who are very happy with Bafna's service quality and transparency as well.
So, on both these fronts, Bafna scores double plus over Concorde motors. It would make a big sense for Tata aswell as Bafna to take over Concorde in Pune.
Old 11th November 2019, 10:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
.. the ambience of the Mumbai Concorde Motors was like a government office. Very disinterested employees & general lack of motivation. ..
I found the same attitude in their Bangalore showroom, too. This extends to the service, too. Customer complaints were never taken seriously and I never had an experience that I could say was better than average.

In my opinion, it's time for Concorde motors to shutdown. They have contributed in a big way to damaging or persisting the low reputation that Tata motors has.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks