Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2007, 23:12   #16
Team-BHP Support

nah metallic paint you can touch up with the same metallic paint. it doesnt stand out so bad. I keep getting it done on my cars. Bangalore roads you keep getting small blemishes due to bikers. Since they are too small no choice but to touch it up.
Old 4th March 2007, 00:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
nah metallic paint you can touch up with the same metallic paint. it doesnt stand out so bad. I keep getting it done on my cars. Bangalore roads you keep getting small blemishes due to bikers. Since they are too small no choice but to touch it up.
I agree Vid,

Do you do it yourself or go to some garage?

If it is a DIY, how do you do it? spray the paint? use a brush? what about buffing?

And if you use a garage, could you share the address and contact info.

Cheers
Ajay
Old 4th March 2007, 04:25   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

metallic paint can be touched up,world over now various companies lime R-M,Glasso.Standox have touch up paint available..so dont fall for their phoney antics its a money making racket tell him you need the color code of the vehicle rush to your closest standox dealer and ask him to make you about 300-400ml of the paint and ask your body shop guy to paint it and charge for other things apart from paint..cheers!
Oh yeah wanted to share my experience on one honda city automatic that had first gone to another garage coz of sudden jerks while gear change and ended up having a chor bazaar gear box installed coz the mech thought it was the A/T,and still running the same problem after which we had a look at it and realised the car had gone over a divider and there was a slight twist in the front chassis member and a bad gear mount in the rear..so be careful what your mechs say..take a second opinion.
Old 4th March 2007, 08:56   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey ajayclicks, I get it done at the service centres. Both my lancer garage and the maruti service guys do this for me.

If it's a light scratch and not deep then It can be removed by buffing. But if its deep and the paint has been completely removed then no choice but to use the touch up paint. It's done using a brush to fill the deep scratch.

Generally you will notice that paint scratched leaves a white mark or exposed metal, in those cases you can use this.

Most Viewed