Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2007, 17:10   #46
BHPian

that is the least any bhpian can do for another. it has been a harrowing experience for u in the whole process but u surely will get something you desire.

Mansi
Old 8th March 2007, 17:06   #47
BHPian

Please help ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Interesting pre-sales experiences, i would say. A lot many people keep praising the sales and service of Maruti to the sky... tide is changing?
@Kool_Kid : threaten them by saying you would cancel your booking, and see how they react.
I just did that , i called their Sales Head and told him about how these ppl are treating me. Also told them that due to their misconduct i would be suffering 10k Loss ( SBI will be increasing the Car Loan Interest Rate will come around 5K) , and have also head that MUL will be increasing the price around 1% ( for Education cess) 5K more.

Now the they have given me a interesting proposal ..

They have told me that if i give them around at least 2 Lkh ( or more) now, They would make sure that the delivery would be done with in a week. ( Please note my booking amount was 5 K) . I am very surprised at this proposal as i though the remaining amount should only be given at the time of delivery. When i enquired further about this ( Kavita Joshi ) further told me that this is Maruti policy .( that a customer should pay around 70 % of the total amount before they dispatch the car to the dealer) ... she is even ready to give me this on the paper.

I am now totally confused , if i go elsewhere the wait will start over again.My gut feeling is either they have sold my car to some preferred customer or are feeling scared of me not taking the delivery as my booking amount is very less.

Since this is my first car and I don’t have any prior experience on dealing with these guys .Requesting all the TBHPians to guide me
Old 8th March 2007, 19:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
They have told me that if i give them around at least 2 Lkh ( or more) now, They would make sure that the delivery would be done with in a week. ( Please note my booking amount was 5 K) . I am very surprised at this proposal as i though the remaining amount should only be given at the time of delivery. When i enquired further about this (Kavita Joshi) further told me that this is Maruti policy .( that a customer should pay around 70 % of the total amount before they dispatch the car to the dealer) ... she is even ready to give me this on the paper.
If they are willing to give it to you in writing that after receving an additional amount of Rs. 2 Lacs they are willing to deliver the car within 7 working days then by all means go for it. BUT ask for the letter on a company letterhead duly signed & stamped to be delivered to you first before handing over any further money.

P.S. Which dealer is this BTW?

Last edited by iraghava : 8th March 2007 at 19:51.
Old 9th March 2007, 13:07   #49
BHPian

COMPETENT AUTOMOBILES is a !!@#$ Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
P.S. Which dealer is this BTW?
The Dealer with which i am dealing is :
I would be again talking to maruti helpline and will confrim the statement given by the delaer.

COMPETENT AUTOMOBILES CO LTD F- 14, Competent House, Middle Circle Connaught Place 011-23355285,86,87 23354572,73,74,23328009
Old 9th March 2007, 16:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

What nonsense is your dealer saying. Be careful and dont get tricked, becuase there is no such policy i am sure.
Old 9th March 2007, 16:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
The Dealer with which i am dealing is :
I would be again talking to maruti helpline and will confrim the statement given by the delaer.

COMPETENT AUTOMOBILES CO LTD F- 14, Competent House, Middle Circle Connaught Place 011-23355285,86,87 23354572,73,74,23328009
Well on the MUL site search for "Marketing Times" they are Maruti's own office not a dealer & have a couple of showrooms too. They should be able to give you an honest answer to this & also might just have a few cars for delivery on them.
Old 15th March 2007, 14:17   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well on the MUL site search for "Marketing Times" they are Maruti's own office not a dealer & have a couple of showrooms too. They should be able to give you an honest answer to this & also might just have a few cars for delivery on them.
Thanks Iraghava ,

I called in the "Marketing Times" showroom and went in there on the weekend. They told me that Swift VDI has a waiting for around a month and they do not have any car currently available . They do have 2 old Baleno VXI available and are offering around 1 lakh discount .
(VXI has climate control , alloys , MP3 system the works).They also offered me to get this converted to CNG ( 40 K) and promised that if i do that at their dealer ship , The original maruti warranty would not be void.

Thanks BUSA ,

I also went in to COMPETENT AUTOMOBILES at CP and asked them about the status of the booking . Mr Batra ( Head Sales) told me that the car is not avaliable and has a waiting period of 2 months. he also told me that in COMPETENT priority is given to the customer who have paid the entire amount rather than customer like me . ( i though that it should have been the date of booking ). He told me to either pay 50 K or more else he would be happy to refund the amount. I also managed to look in to the waiting list and saw that my order has delivery date of 6 March 2007. Also saw some customers’ records who had deposited the entire amount and had taken the delivery.

Now i am little confused :

I am thinking about choosing Baleno VXI , it will cost me 5.4 + 4 K ( CNG kit) but am worried about

1) Resale value of car ( as its already phased out )
2) Perception of public ( since Baleno has been phased out , mostly every body would presume that i have taken a second hand car)
3) Mileage and cost of running on CNG.
4) Discounts ( they have offered me 1 Lkh , I belive that i can push them more)

Regarding swift , i know that suits my requirement but the entire episode has put me off . i don’t know about maruti but if i am not able to honor my commitment to my client and have guts to tell him to take his business else ware . i would be soon out of job
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:19   #53
BHPian

With such harrowing experience, do you still want to deal with maruti and their sales outlets ?

I do not need to buy a car now, but if I did, I will not consider buying a car from maruti after such an experince. We are no longer living in the license Raj when the seller was the king. Now the customers have got options. I suggest that you should wait a bit and go for other competing products, unless you only wants this particular car for some reason.
Old 23rd March 2007, 19:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

GET OUT of the MARUTI FEVER man. There are lots more better products out there.
Old 23rd March 2007, 21:52   #55
BANNED

[Kool_Kid
Buy a Ldi if not then cancel your purchase abt swift & get somethinng else like used octavia .

Last edited by unknown : 23rd March 2007 at 21:53.
Old 13th April 2007, 18:59   #56
k36
BHPian

Busa.. Kool_Kid .. Any updates guys?
Old 14th April 2007, 00:46   #57
Senior - BHPian

Update

Dealer is saying that MUL has ran out of ABS kits so no WagonR with ABS, No Zen Astill-OOO with ABS and no ZXi in production so still waiting. Also my dealer has 6 bookings for VDi with ABS now.
Old 16th April 2007, 11:24   #58
Senior - BHPian

My cousin bought his VDi on friday & he said he too was waiting for VDI with ABS but after getting confirmation from a MUL official that there is no VDI with ABS currently. So he picked up a VDI witout ABS
Old 9th May 2007, 00:25   #59
BHPian

I was also specifically told upfront that the ABS option on the Swift VDi is not available. This has nothing to do with stock and is becuase MUL has not brought out the variant as yet. Given that most of my use is in the city driving at speed between 20-60 kmph, I am quite happy to go with the VDi without ABS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks