Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2007, 11:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Automotive Mfg are Fraud

After looking out for a B segment car for more then a year i finally settled for a Swift VDI with ABS. I was more inclined towards the Palio but poor service and lousy attitude from Fiat made me think otherwise. Most importantly though the lack of ABS turned me away from the Palio 1.6 Sport.

After test driving the Swift VDi i booked it in Metallic Pearl White with ABS with my dealer with whom i have a long term association.

Name of Dealer - Automotive Mfg Ltd.
Location - MIDC, Nerul.

I booked the car on 14th Feb with a booking amount of Rs. 50,000/- They are telling me since the time i booked the car that if i want to go in for non ABS i can get it immediately. However the only reason for buying the Swift is ABS, so i waited. They gave me estimated dates many times and then finally said on 15th March Maruti will dispatch your car for sure.

Today when i spoke to the dealer he tells me Maruti is not making cars with ABS at all for the diesel. I told him if they aren't then why in the first place have you taken the booking and secondly why do they write in the brochure. He tried convincing me but i didnot listen a word. Then later after threathning him to talk to MUL directly and publising their fraud behavoiur in the media he tells me MUL has run out of kits for the ABS system and there is no likely hood of ABS coming with the VDI in near future. Why is the booking accepted in the first place when India's largest manufacturer MUL has ran out of kits.

A few questions i would like to know :-
  • Have any of you bought Swift with ABS (First the dealer said ABS is not avaliable at all for the diesel)
  • If any of you have inquired with the dealers about VDi with ABS what is the time period that they are telling you for delivery.
This just shows that MUL just doesnot care much about their customers and since they already have so many buyers they ignorant attiude will remain till their pitfall which is bound soon once the Getz CRDi, Fiat Palio JTD and Aveo TDCi are launched. I am always more inclined towards the Palio, only thing is there is no surety from Fiat when its going to be launched.

Last edited by BUSA : 6th March 2007 at 11:53.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

There is a simple solution to this:

1. Call up a few other dealers in your city & tell them you want a VDi ABS, you'll get to know if the ABS story is true or not.

2. Call up MUL head office directly & demand to speak to one of the customer-care executives. Ask them to verify whether what the dealer is saying is true or not.

You shall know the truth pretty quickly methinks.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
There is a simple solution to this:

1. Call up a few other dealers in your city & tell them you want a VDi ABS, you'll get to know if the ABS story is true or not. Have called a few dealers and will be doing so right now again.

2. Call up MUL head office directly & demand to speak to one of the customer-care executives. Ask them to verify whether what the dealer is saying is true or not. Going to call MUL directly and ask them.
Thanks rags. Will updated the progress once i talk to them.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:58   #4
BHPian

IMHO, the dealers have gone crazy with the kind of response they are getting for the swift diesel. I would suggest that you call another dealer and ask about availability of VXi-ABS. That will help you assess if there is indeed a shortage of ABS kits...
Old 6th March 2007, 11:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Excellent suggestion SU will do that right away.
Old 6th March 2007, 12:02   #6
BHPian

Same boat hey. We had booked the car in the first week of its launch for the ABS. Around last week we realised that they dont have any specific delivery schedule so we cancelled.
Old 6th March 2007, 12:05   #7
BHPian

Report this directly to MUL. I think the dealer is cooking his own stories ..
I am sure you will get your VDi with ABS once the matter is reported to MUL directly ( even if there is shortage of kits ).
Old 6th March 2007, 12:14   #8
BHPian

Still you have option of the dealers busa first try the way shown by
iraghava if not succesful remove the booking amount from automotive Mfg and try from a dealer with commitment..........
Old 6th March 2007, 12:30   #9
BHPian

Try MUL's website and write a complaint.
Maruti Udyog Ltd: address, regional offices, on road services, call centers, toll free number, call center, Furgaon, Delhi, car queries, works office, contact form, locations

I asked a query once and I knew they called the dealer because the dealer had completely toned down himself post my query.
Old 6th March 2007, 12:54   #10
Team-BHP Support

The dealer seems to be making his share of excuses, which are obviously nothing but lies...

Tell them you are going to cancel the booking, and make the same with some other dealer. Then, they will act. Obviously, first proceed as the other members have advised you to.
Old 6th March 2007, 13:06   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Report this directly to MUL. I think the dealer is cooking his own stories ..
I am sure you will get your VDi with ABS once the matter is reported to MUL directly ( even if there is shortage of kits ).

I second your thoughts.. At the first place normally these dealers spoil the companies name... It is better to get in touch with MUL directly.

Cheers
Old 6th March 2007, 13:33   #12
BHPian

Swift VDI where are you !!

Hi BUSA ,

I have a similar story to share , I booked Silky Silver VDi on 16 of Feb , through Competent Maruti CP( which claims to be their largest dealer) I was promised that car will be delivelered in first week on March . on first of march when i asked the sales team about the status of my card ... they have me Shock of my life.They told me that due to Heavy Demand there is very remote chance of me getting my car in March itself .

It looked to me that they have hugely over booked that car and are not able to honor their commitment. Now comes the interesting part , today i got a sales call from the same dealer ( her name was aarti ) she did not knew that i had already booked the car with them. She offered me delivery of Swift VDI within one week of the booking . I recorded the entire conversation on my mobile and am planning to go the dealer and play the recording in front of every one.I have already spoken to Maruti Helpline , but i am yet to see the results.
Old 6th March 2007, 14:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
today i got a sales call from the same dealer ( her name was aarti ) she did not knew that i had already booked the car with them. She offered me delivery of Swift VDI within one week of the booking . I recorded the entire conversation on my mobile and am planning to go the dealer and play the recording in front of every one
excellent job buddy ,tell them that you will play the recording in the showroom in front of all the potential customers if they do not address your problem. hope this helps.

cheers
Old 6th March 2007, 16:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thanx to pradkumar for giving me adress of Jagdish Khattar, and i have emailed him.

Spoke to Maruti directly on their helpline 18001800180 and they had no idea about what the dealer said. Spoke to many other dealers in Mumbai all are saying there is nothing like that and car will be delivered in 8weeks after booking since demand for ABS is less.

Spoke to Automotive (another salesman) and he said there is nothing like lack of ABS kits. Will be speaking to the salesperson who has done the booking, currently he is trying to hide.
Old 6th March 2007, 17:04   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Spoke to Maruti directly ..... car will be delivered in 8weeks after booking since demand for ABS is less.
you might get it before 8 weeks now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks