Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2020, 12:46   #1
BHPian

Pathetic sales experience at Shreenath Kia, Mumbai

Dear Team,

I wish to highlight the pathetic sales experience at Shreenath Kia,
I booked a silver Diesel HTE Seltos on December 23. I was quoted two months waiting period. Fast forward to 10th February 2020 the sales representative (Siddesh) told me that my car has been allocated so we started the loan formalities and through their HDFC bank desk and it was disbursed to them the same week along with my balance payment. Insurance was also taken by them as they offered Zero Dep at Appx Rs 30,000 payment made on 15th Feb. I requested Siddesh for a delivery on the 21st which was Mahashivratri he said he'll try his best even though there were two Holidays same week.

Following Monday the 18th papers were to go to the RTO for clearance however since Siddesh was on leave his colleague submitted the papers but noon I got message from Siddesh that by mistake his colleague stamped on the RTO papers that Loan is from KOTAK and have to resubmit the papers again.
My father had to sign the form again and then finally the papers were submitted On Monday 24th, Siddesh assured me delivery on Thursday i.e today.

I didn't receive any update from Siddesh this week and had to followup with him Yesterday and he told me I can take the delivery today.

Right today when I am expecting delivery of my vehicle I get a call from Siddesh that by mistake a white seltos has been allocated . I calmly told him how come such a big oversight has happened and that you are telling me about it today

I firmly tell him I won't take a white car for delivery and you arrange a silver model anyhow

I and my father went to the Shreenath a few hours ago, the manager at the dealership was sorry and mentioned that there was some mistake in their system and they have allocated a Silver Variant and will get the car in a week. I told him my EMI starts next week and how come such a big oversight can happen at your end! All he said was sorry and asked me to wait for a week and I walked out of the showroom

Now my Loan and Insurance policy are already on the way with details of a white Seltos, I don't know how they are going to modify the same, but its their mistake so their problem. Is there anything I should take care of or be careful about?

I am really unhappy with the sales experience at Shreenath and advice strongly against booking a car from them.

Last edited by Y@SH : 27th February 2020 at 12:51.
Y@SH is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 12:52   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pathetic sales experience at Shreenath Kia, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
I am really unhappy with the sales experience at Shreenath and advice strongly against booking a car from them.
Really sorry to hear your experience & yeah it hurts when we have to run pillar to post to get things sorted during car purchase. Takes away all the excitement and enjoyable moments of a new car ownership.

Generally this happens in a tiny % customer cases in all dealerships. Human errors, system issues, poor communication all contribute. Its just bad luck that you fell in that tiny % cases. Statistics.

Most importantly - please ensure your registration documents, insurance papers etc all are in correct order. They must mention the correct chassis, engine number and the correct colour (XYZ silver). Pay extra attention to ensure the guys don't jumble up details of 2 cars while trying to give you the car fast in this week. Considering they have fumbled already - you have to take extra care. Good luck!
Reinhard is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 09:06   #3
BHPian

Re: Pathetic sales experience at Shreenath Kia, Mumbai

Hi. It's really sad when we have to go through so much stress while acquiring a new ride.

I request you to contact your bank and check, what details they have with respect to your car loan, any disparity in the car details will lead to issues when you pay off the loan and NOC is issued to you. Make your communication with proof when contacting the bank.

Take in writing from the dealer regarding the blunder they did. I just hope that they have not registered the car in your name. In the worst case scenario the dealer will offer you accessories etc. (be prepared for it)

I feel you could have avoided the issue if you had done a PDI.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 09:13   #4
BHPian

Did you not insist on PDI? If not, then you have to be patient. The rush with the Seltos is creating these blunders. Have heard of similar stories from couple other people. Just ensure paperwork is perfectly done - RTO / insurance / bank. That might delay delivery by couple of days but will ensure no issues during ownership and resale.

Enjoy the car
Old 28th February 2020, 09:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible that they allotted your Silver Seltos to someone else for a premium for instantly delivery?

It used to happen a lot some years ago but I am not sure it happens or not these days in the era of online bookings and waitlists.
Old 28th February 2020, 10:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
I wish to highlight the pathetic sales experience at Shreenath Kia,
I booked a silver Diesel HTE Seltos on December 23. I was quoted two months waiting period. Fast forward to 10th February 2020 the sales representative (Siddesh) told me that my car has been allocated so we started the loan formalities and through their HDFC bank desk
Really sorry to hear about your experience. Buying a car is a really special moment and something like this takes away some of the joy.

As a thumb rule, never put down your money for something you haven't seen, especially big ticket purchases like cars.

As the other forum members suggested, insist on a PDI even on the silver car you will get soon. Match the engine number/chassis number with what you have been promised by the dealer. I drove almost 60 kms each way to check the car in the yard (Vasai and the other end of Panvel) for my last 2 purchases in Bombay.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 10:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Most importantly - please ensure your registration documents, insurance papers etc all are in correct order. They must mention the correct chassis, engine number and the correct colour (XYZ silver). Pay extra attention to ensure the guys don't jumble up details of 2 cars while trying to give you the car fast in this week. Considering they have fumbled already - you have to take extra care. Good luck!
Thank You I shall ensure the same, I will be doing a PDI before the car goes for registration for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post

I request you to contact your bank and check, what details they have with respect to your car loan, any disparity in the car details will lead to issues when you pay off the loan and NOC is issued to you. Make your communication with proof when contacting the bank.

Take in writing from the dealer regarding the blunder they did. I just hope that they have not registered the car in your name. In the worst case scenario the dealer will offer you accessories etc. (be prepared for it)

I feel you could have avoided the issue if you had done a PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Did you not insist on PDI? If not, then you have to be patient. The rush with the Seltos is creating these blunders. Have heard of similar stories from couple other people. Just ensure paperwork is perfectly done - RTO / insurance / bank. That might delay delivery by couple of days but will ensure no issues during ownership and resale.

Enjoy the car

Thank You I will check throughly before taking delivery of the car. I always do a PDI however I wasn't in town and also the thought that since this car would be fresh from the factory and isn't one that's been sitting in the yard for months, sometimes years convinced me that PDI would not be necessary, however I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Is it possible that they allotted your Silver Seltos to someone else for a premium for instantly delivery?

It used to happen a lot some years ago but I am not sure it happens or not these days in the era of online bookings and waitlists.
I am not sure that they allotted my car to someone else for a premium, but can't say honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Really sorry to hear about your experience. Buying a car is a really special moment and something like this takes away some of the joy.

As a thumb rule, never put down your money for something you haven't seen, especially big ticket purchases like cars.

As the other forum members suggested, insist on a PDI even on the silver car you will get soon. Match the engine number/chassis number with what you have been promised by the dealer. I drove almost 60 kms each way to check the car in the yard (Vasai and the other end of Panvel) for my last 2 purchases in Bombay.
Thank You I always do a PDI and have already told my sales representative that i want to do a PDI before it goes for registration this time. Also the thought that since this car is fresh from the factory and isn't one that's been sitting in the yard for months, sometimes years convinced me that PDI would not be necessary, however I was wrong.

Last edited by Y@SH : 28th February 2020 at 10:29.
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 17:37   #8
BHPian

Normally this is the sequence which may result in this scenario.
1. Someone order/book white Seltos.
2. He suddenly cancels due to some reasons [Original terms and conditions not honoured, Cash crunch, loan issues etc]
3. Dealership is in fix on what to do already arrived car.
4. Try to force it on an unsuspecting buyer who looks decent/innocent.
If it works, it works.
Have seen this happening twice for my friends and both the time i shouted it out.
vennarbank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 16:17   #9
BHPian

Dear team,

After a long wait I have finally got the delivery of my car. Delivery experience was average. A review will be up as I use the car for atleast a month.

Request mods to close the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Pathetic sales experience at Shreenath Kia, Mumbai-img_1210.jpg  

Y@SH is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed