Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift service woes : Shirt button stuck in the seatbelt buckle!

Had a similar issue with VW last year. Had given my polo for service and when it returned the boot stopped opening. Gave them the car back and the best they offered me was a waiver of 50% on part and 100% on labour. I agreed for it as the advisor explained its a mechanical part and can fail anytime. He even sent me a video which showed the old cabin filter and break pads lying in the boot when they opened it to fix, proving that when they sent the car back it was working.

In my case, I think that was the best solution that time but given your situation and the button matching their uniform it is completely their fault and all costs should be borne by them and not as single penny by you.

Last edited by prateekchanana : 22nd June 2020 at 21:27. Reason: typo
Old 29th June 2020, 09:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
I would suggest take the 50% waiver and pay the rest as in most of these cases it is the technicians whose salary are cut or they are removed from their jobs and even though I completely agree it is their fault but I think this amount might not mean much to any of us but for these people it is a lot so kindly consider this and then take a decision. And also there are times when we also make mistakes and are forgiven for the same kindly consider this as one of those scenarios.
If the amount is taken from the offender's pocket, I would definitely press for a 100% waiver. What incentive does the offender have for deliberately causing harm?

It could be for some sadistic reasons, or it would have been done based on instructions from above to increase revenue. In either case, I see no reason why you should pay. This is clearly intentional, and you should be compensated for your time in addition to fixing this issue free of cost.
Old 31st August 2020, 14:28   #18
BHPian

Please let us know how was this resolved finally?

As per my experience maruti service centers take these things seriously and they do it free of cost.They cracked my windshield once and on pointing out they just replaced it with a brand new one. Not a dime charged,no questions asked.

However, even though they knew that they had broken the windshield,nobody pointed out to me and took a chance that I will not notice when collecting the car.
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 15:09   #19
BHPian

Oh well, thats interesting, cause of two reasons. One being kinda weird since a button went inside without being noticed. Have been using a maruti since 2003, I dont think it would have happened, should some push it inside, deliberately. Secondly, it is a case from my city itself, making me wonder if that happened at Kataria Maneja? Have heard more ordeals than goodies about them lately.

An important thing, since you were not at fault and the entire theory of matching buttons prove it, to my belief, you do not owe a single penny. If the things do not get sorted soon, use twitter, let their repo take a hit and they will be doing everything possible to help you out. Later on explain it to them that you would only speak with the regional manager. Chirayu Vyas, sits in Ahmedabad and he is the guy who took care of my case which was transferred to Vadodara from Pune since I drove home before the Junta Curfew
Aish_4761 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 20:03   #20
BANNED

It's very delicate, try to solve in a soft manner, otherwise later on they may play with you intentionally by imposing unwanted repair costs.
hamhaj16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 14:39   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Please let us know how was this resolved finally?
Hi. Am sorry for the late reply as I got busy with a personal issue at home and didn't get time to update on this thread.
Finally after a few follows up and a mail to the Maruti Helpline, the folks at the service centre reached out and suggested that I take a discount (50%) on payment which was approximately 1500 INR. I accepted it as I felt maybe the technician or the service manager would have the bear the rest of the cost in case I persevered. Car was back in the service station for half a day and fitted with the new seat belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aish_4761 View Post
Oh well, thats interesting, cause of two reasons. One being kinda weird since a button went inside without being noticed. Have been using a maruti since 2003, I dont think it would have happened, should some push it inside, deliberately. Secondly, it is a case from my city itself, making me wonder if that happened at Kataria Maneja? Have heard more ordeals than goodies about them lately.

An important thing, since you were not at fault and the entire theory of matching buttons prove it, to my belief, you do not owe a single penny. If the things do not get sorted soon, use twitter, let their repo take a hit and they will be doing everything possible to help you out. Later on explain it to them that you would only speak with the regional manager. Chirayu Vyas, sits in Ahmedabad and he is the guy who took care of my case which was transferred to Vadodara from Pune since I drove home before the Junta Curfew
Thank you for the feedback. No this was from Amar cars in Gorwa. I forgot the name of the Sales Manager who'd called to convince me to take a discount and help closing the matter. Frankly I had someone very ill at home and did not have the energy to argue with them and drag the matter.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2020 at 15:04. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Do see our FAQs on how to MULTI-QUOTE. :)
acdcnippon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:32   #22
BHPian

I am in the camp that its their fault they will pay. Also i dont believe in the 50% "story". They know they have made a mess and are trying to wiggle their way out of this with minimum damage.

You should have a talk with the GM of the dealership/workshop and really put pressure of them to fix this without making a mess of the situation. They will be on the losing end, there is no doubt on that.
Old 8th January 2021, 17:16   #23
BHPian

Somewhat OT, but a friend just called from Maruti Service Center. He had given the car with full tank petrol and it was half tank when he got it back. He made a scene and the customer care executive got it filled when he said he'll escalate the issue to Maruti. They're going through the CCTV footage to find out who did it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks