Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2020, 14:36   #1

Maruti Swift service woes : Shirt button stuck in the seatbelt buckle!

Hi Team,

Need suggestions for how should I treat this situation which came up recently. I had given my Swift for its second free servicing at the local Maruti service centre, post the service which got completed in 3 hours flat my driver went and picked up the vehicle. Next day upon taking the car out, the seat belt wouldn't buckle in(drivers). Tried doing it a couple of times but to no avail. I thought maybe something would have got stuck and didn't bother much. Continued using the other car in the meantime for household chores as it is with the lock down one doesn't go out much.

However I thought it right only to bring it to the attention of the Maruti service fellows about this and stopped by at the service station (same place where I bought this vehicle from) within a week. The service guy tried fitting the belt and tried unscrewing the whole bolt etc. for about 20 mins .Then asked me to drop off the car as they said it would require them to open the whole belt, screw and buckle to investigate.

Got a call later in the afternoon, informing me that they had a found a button in the buckle which was why the latch was not fitting in, more importantly it had damaged the sensor and the cost of replacement was quotes as 3800/- as with new BS6 cars one cant get hold of a buckle rather we have to order the whole kit. When I reached the station and met the folks who showed me the button "the reason" behind the issue on hand and Voila it was exactly their uniform button which I promptly pointed out to them, the guy showing me the problem too realised it and was not maintaining eye contact during the whole conversation.

I spoke to the Manager too and they said that this is not covered under warranty as its caused due to an external factor (button). Now the question is: how should I take this up?

a) The issue cropped up immediately post the car getting serviced.
b) The button is the same as from their uniform.
c) I definitely need to have the sensor fixed else the Airbag wont pop out in case of any accident etc - this is disabled right now else the warning beep doesn't stop.
d) Should I take this up with either Maruti or the dealership?

I have heard that there are chances that Maruti does evaluate certain cases and extends warranty basis on goodwill and customer satisfaction.
Should I write to Maruti online, Tweet about this incident or call the customer care number to take this up further, I doubt that the local service center is in any mood even though they said, they will take this up with Seniors and try to extend / include this under warranty.

Thanks.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th June 2020 at 12:22. Reason: Spacing out post.
acdcnippon is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 18:08   #2
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift service woes : Shirt button stuck in the seatbelt buckle!

The best option is to meet the service manager where you got the service done and ask them to get it fixed after explaining the whole situation . In case they deny, ask them to give the same in writing. Then escalate it to the dealers' higher ups along with Maruti, escalation points stating that the fault was found by Maruti guys themselves and it was a sheer negligence on their part.

Usually after the servicing the SA takes a test drive after service and ideally they should have noticed it. So either they ignored it OR they took a TD without the seat belt. In a way it's their fault. Also if you have not filled in the survey which comes from Maruti use that opportunity to make some noise.

Good part is that the investigation and the cause has been identified by the Maruti folks themselves and like you said the button matches their uniform as well so they cant make up a story as well.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st June 2020 at 23:59. Reason: Typos corrected. Please proof-read your post before submitting. Thanks!
Artyom is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th June 2020, 18:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please escalate in writing to Maruti Suzuki. Use this link.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...t-us/complaint

If they do not revert in 2 working days, please write an email to contact@maruti.co.in

They take customer feedback very seriously unlike other car manufacturers, where you have to know the top boss or his relative. Be rest assured, Maruti will make amends for this.
Lalvaz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 11:49   #4
BHPian

Tell them that you need this in writing.The thing is as soon as you say you need this in writing from them the ASS themselves realizing that it is their mistake will tell you that they ll replace it on their own cost. You just have to be firm. I am sure you will need not escalate it to higher ups. Just take a pic of the button and the SA wearing that uniform in front of him :-)
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 13:06   #5
BHPian

It is completely their fault. You deserve a free replacement. Why are you supposed to pay when it is not your fault. I myself have experienced terrible Maruti service. I recently got back my car and I recieved it with few damages. They completely ignored us and we complained. They were asking us to come back but we denied.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 14:10   #6

Thank you all for the advice. I called up the service manager, as they had promised to revert by today (Monday). Says the email has been sent and I should expect a reply in next two days.
Old 18th June 2020, 13:36   #7

Re: Maruti Swift service woes : Shirt button stuck in the seatbelt buckle!

Hi folks, post following up with the Maruti service centre, supervisor messaged sharing that they have got an approval for 50% approval basis goodwill. I.e: Inr 2000/- discount. I have asked for a formal email but they said they cant share internal emails. Pls suggest should I still escalate and ask for 100% waiver.
acdcnippon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 14:22   #8
KPR
BANNED

My opinion you shouldn't pay even a single penny for no fault of yours. Had it been a different coloured button I'm sure you would've lost Rs.3800/- from your pocket. I doubt if the service center has taken up this with MS. The issue should be informed to MS if not by the dealer.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 10:16   #9
BHPian

The contact details of the higher officials are in the handbooks. Do contact them with adequate proof. I'm sure they will do whats required and the service center will fix it for free.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 12:05   #10
BHPian

Please contact the higher authority. I recieved a mail a day ago stating that they are sorry for whatever they have done. (Ironically they read the blog I wrote here) They are giving me a free service after 6 months that includes a free wash. I never asked for any sort of compensation but I have mixed feelings. One is where I feel guilty for getting some freebies that I never asked for and secondly going back to them after a bad experience.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 12:08   #11
BHPian

My suggestion would be, do write to the service station and also to the Maruti contacts listed in your service bills. As others have suggested talk to the manager of the service center.
But more importantly, pleas do not use the car for driving till it is sorted out.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 12:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Can their 1800 180 0180 helpline number. Those guys are super fast and super efficient in taking it up with the resolution team. I have got all my resolution from them whenever things have gone haywire.
humyum is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:19   #13
BHPian

I would suggest take the 50% waiver and pay the rest as in most of these cases it is the technicians whose salary are cut or they are removed from their jobs and even though I completely agree it is their fault but I think this amount might not mean much to any of us but for these people it is a lot so kindly consider this and then take a decision. And also there are times when we also make mistakes and are forgiven for the same kindly consider this as one of those scenarios.
sv97 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 19:51   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
I would suggest take the 50% waiver and pay the rest as in most of these cases it is the technicians whose salary are cut or they are removed from their jobs and even though I completely agree it is their fault but I think this amount might not mean much to any of us but for these people it is a lot so kindly consider this and then take a decision. And also there are times when we also make mistakes and are forgiven for the same kindly consider this as one of those scenarios.
thanks, I too felt to take the 50% waiver however I'll do this either once i call on the toll free number and/or email the service centre (atleast have this incident documented) in case of future reference. Was also apprehensive as the car is going to end up at the same service centre in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
My suggestion would be, do write to the service station and also to the Maruti contacts listed in your service bills. As others have suggested talk to the manager of the service center.
But more importantly, pleas do not use the car for driving till it is sorted out.
Thank you. Will follow as you have suggested. The car is only used for city driving and hence it usually is in traffic which does not permit to go beyond 50kmph. That apart will try to have it fixed asap. Thanks once again.

Last edited by ajmat : 21st June 2020 at 20:14. Reason: please use mulitquote facility
acdcnippon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:44   #15
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcnippon View Post
When I reached the station and met the folks who showed me the button "the reason" behind the issue on hand and Voila it was exactly their uniform button which I promptly pointed out to them, the guy showing me the problem too realised it and was not maintaining eye contact during the whole conversation.
This above quote is game over No way they can win this if you decide to escalate. Definitely don't pay a dime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks