Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2020, 17:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Artemis Volvo Chennai service center remains closed; lack of spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Attachment 2069357
Attachment 2069356

This is Volvo India's response. They have lost a loyal customer.

Being asked to go to Bangalore was sort of the limit for me.
I emailed Volvo India on the issue and got a call back. The customer service guy apparently didn't have a clear answer on when the new dealer is being appointed (or didnt want to comment on the time-frames) and just mentioned it could be soon. He said they are redirecting other customers with immediate service needs/emergency repairs to Bangalore or Cochin. I expressed my displeasure on that and asked for a clear ETA on when we can expect the new dealer/service center to go live. I also asked if the vehicle can be driven past the second service due date since its not the customers fault that they it cant be serviced. He has promised a call back for tomorrow on those.

On the Extended Warranty, he confirmed it would be honored PAN India by all the dealers, so at least that is sorted for now.
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 17:26   #17
BHPian

Update :

So Artemis like we knew is officially closed and I noticed a poster saying 'Volvo Tamil Nadu Opening soon' at the entrance of Artemis Volvo Showroom. I heard back from Volvo India but they haven't still revealed anything about the new dealership. Like in case of Reihem, they asked me too to take the vehicle to Martial Volvo Bangalore to get it serviced. It looks like Volvo Chennai customers don't really have a choice now with this and the situation sucks!

I wrote back stating my disappointment and mentioned that I can only agree if Volvo India covers my travel and conveyance costs as it makes no sense for a customer to drive 750 KMS spending on travel and stay only get the vehicle serviced. Let me see what they come back with.
Old 30th October 2020, 13:55   #18
BHPian

No updates yet from Volvo India on my ask of covering the travel costs or offering an equivalent discount on the service bill. I continue to press on it. Have booked the service with Martial Volvo Bangalore for next week and they told me they are giving priority to Chennai customers and returning the vehicles the same day after the service unless they need to attend to other faults or repairs. Certainly disappointed with the lack of response from Volvo cars India especially when they are putting their customers in ordeal from a large urban center like Chennai where they sold sizable volumes.
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:06   #19
BHPian

Update - So finally got the vehicle serviced at Martial Volvo today. I had to sort of fight it out with Volvo India on extending a fair discount acknowledging the effort of going all the way to Bangalore. While the initial conversation wasn't fruitful, I managed to get Volvo agree to pick up the tab on some parts/servicing after escalating it and it was a fair agreement at the end with them and Martial Volvo was helpful in this regard while getting the vehicle serviced promptly the same day. I will leave a review on the service experience in a separate thread later. Martial Volvo is very well prioritising the Chennai/TN customers and have even dedicated a bay for it. I did see many TN reg vehicles today at their yard with their service centre over flowing with cars (many V40s, XC60s, V90s spotted)

For the Chennai owners out there, while Volvo didn't give me a precise ETA on the new dealership in Chennai, I understand they likely should be up and running this month with the service centre first (makes sense to attend existing customers first). So if your vehicle service isn't due until a few months, it should make sense to wait around and get them attended locally. If the service is due already or coming up this month, coupled with urgent travel needs (like in my case) it might be a good idea to get it done at Martial Volvo and my experience from today has been very positive on that front.
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 10:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Update For the Chennai owners out there, while Volvo didn't give me a precise ETA on the new dealership in Chennai, I understand they likely should be up and running this month with the service centre first (makes sense to attend existing customers first). So if your vehicle service isn't due until a few months, it should make sense to wait around and get them attended locally. If the service is due already or coming up this month, coupled with urgent travel needs (like in my case) it might be a good idea to get it done at Martial Volvo and my experience from today has been very positive on that front.
Thanks a lot for this update. It is very timely given what just appears on my screen.

Artemis Volvo Chennai service center remains closed; lack of spare parts-6c5fbf14a9b542468722101cbfa4280d.jpeg
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for this update. It is very timely given what just appears on my screen.

Attachment 2077705
Yeah, looks like its about time for service.

There were some software updates part of the service that sees some improvements seen in the NAV. We now see new graphics for turns/junctions along with minor voice over additions. I am currently observing the vehicle for a week post the service to see if everything works well and report any issues to Martial Volvo that needs followup since I would be in Bangalore later this month. Not sure if the Chennai Dealership would be up and running then but I hope they do to make our lives easier.
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:02   #22
BHPian

For Volvo owners in Chennai:

Good news !

Dealership Name :- Volvo Tamil Nadu (Prakar Automotive India Private Limited)

Contact Person Name:- Ms. Mariyam
Contact Person Number:- 7708810299

Contact Person Name:- Mr. Prem Kumar
Contact Person Number:- 7708965499
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 10:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
For Volvo owners in Chennai:

Good news !

Dealership Name :- Volvo Tamil Nadu (Prakar Automotive India Private Limited)

Contact Person Name:- Ms. Mariyam
Contact Person Number:- 7708810299

Contact Person Name:- Mr. Prem Kumar
Contact Person Number:- 7708965499
Great news indeed! Some peace of mind finally. Although I struck a good relationship with the Martial Motors team, getting back the Chennai dealership makes things practical for immediate service needs and followup. I am yet to get any official calls from the new dealership but I see the same team has been retained.

No PR or news from Volvo India on the new dealership replacement I believe.
Old 25th February 2021, 10:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Volvo Car India opened a new dealership in Chennai under the ownership of Prakar Automotive (Volvo Tamil Nadu). The new dealership was inaugurated by Charles Frump, Managing Director, Volvo Car India.

Charles Frump, Managing Director, Volvo Cars India (left) and K Vishnu Vardhan, Director, Volvo Tamil Nadu, with the new Volvo S60 sedan

Artemis Volvo Chennai service center remains closed; lack of spare parts-20210225_102056.jpg

Quote:
The showroom at Anna Salai Road and workshop at TVK Industrial Estate incorporate state-of-the-art facilities and are designed as Volvo Retail Experience (VRE) concept. The showroom and workshop facility cover 7000 square feet and 10,000 square feet.
Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks