Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2020, 22:33   #91
BHPian

Re: What's the biggest whopper a car salesman gave you in his pitch?

Not a porkie, but still funny.
Hyundai i20 salesman tried to get me to but the asta variant which has the big screen showing the reverse camera display instead of the sports variant which has it in the mirror.
Me: Can I reverse the car out of our property (after the test drive), it is quite complicated to get out of here.

Salesman: No sir. This car is equipped with the best reverse camera in its class and you can see on this big central screen. With this anyone can reverse out of here without any problem.

Salesman proceeds to reverse the car into the coconut tree in my house. Takes it forward and reverses out and escapes without saying a word as if nothing has happened!
Amsdoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 02:54   #92
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB08121980 View Post
Sales Rep : " Actually Sir, Honda has special permission for Govt of India to sell those cars . It's perfectly legal ."
You gotta hand it to the Service Advisor for making things up as he went along . Gives a new meaning to In for a penny, in for a pound.
Old 6th January 2021, 11:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

I had gone to take a casual look at some sub compact cars last month, since my wife is once again keen to revive her driving skills. I visited a Maruti showroom nearby and asked the SA about what was his view on the GNCAP tests for S-Presso- he said, well, it's been 5 star rated!
I did not bother to correct him.
Old 6th January 2021, 12:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Esteem is our bread and butter model and Maruti will never stop selling it.
This was a saleswoman trying to sell me the esteem when I went looking for the Swift. The news was already out about Esteem being stopped and I was questioning why should I buy a discontinued model.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:25   #95
BHPian

So my FIL's Venue had to go to the dealer to get its number plates affixed yesterday. The car had gone on a weekend trip to Yelagiri, and hence he had given it for a wash on Monday to his usual car/bike wash guy.

The cleaning boy informed us that the anti-rust coating in the rear left wheel-arch had patches, and vanished as soon as water was sprayed on it. We had our doubts to if he had done it with too much force, but he demonstrated the same with maximum pressure into the front arches, which had no paint disintegration/breakage.

We decided to claim warranty and ask the dealer to redo that part, and mentioned it to our SA while the number plate was being fixed. He went inside to see what had to be done.

On hearing this, a new young SA asked us if the car had been anywhere. We told him we had gone to Yelagiri.

On hearing this, he commented "You must have gone too fast on rocks sir, that will have chipped the paint. This is a new car so you must be gentle."

Though we did get irked by his response, we decided better to wait and tell the senior SA what his junior colleague had said... needless to say the SA was not impressed by this behavior. He gave the other guy a sharp reprimand, and asked him to focus on selling cars and not commenting on what customers speak.

Attaching a photo of the wheel-arch in question.
Attached Thumbnails
What's the biggest whopper a car salesman gave you in his pitch?-img_20210119_114340.jpg  

Last edited by DeathPig : 20th January 2021 at 10:26.
DeathPig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 22:37   #96

New fact about Tata Safari (TOP SECRET)!

Hi everyone, I request you all not to take the title too seriously. The incident I'm going to share with you all happened with me at Standard Motors, Saket Nagar, Kanpur. I happened to visit my friend's house near the afore mentioned showroom. Just out of my curiosity, I entered the showroom just to casually checkout the Tata Safari present inside the showroom . I was assigned a salesman after I asked the receptionist for the same. To be noted down, the salesman was humble enough to greet me and my friend and we were offered coffee. Then he started telling us about the variants, features and specifications of the car. After all this, we got to sit inside the car, the variant we checked out was XT+. So, the *secret* he told us about the Harrier and Safari was that both these cars were sent to GNCAP but they scored "6" stars in the test like seriously what a rubbish. He was so confident about his thing that he even confirmed to send the article of the same to me on whatsapp which he hasn't sent me till now.

So, in conclusion, I'll say that the overall experience of the staff was Just Fine but the thing he told me about the car makes me think how easily he can fool a customer who wouldn't be having knowledge in cars.

Note from Mod: Post edited. Please do NOT use spaces before punctuation marks. Only use them after punctuation marks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th October 2022 at 07:57. Reason: Please see the note in your post.
@torquistic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 23:23   #97
BHPian

I went to check out Fronx recently before finalising on Venue. The sales person’s opening line was “Maruti and Tata make the safest cars in India, nobody else do”. I asked whether he had heard about NCAP, to which he replied in the negative.
Neomobile is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks