Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2020, 10:50   #1
Team-BHP Support

Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?

Greetings BHPians!

My BIL got himself a Venue 1.4 diesel after driving his Hyundai i10 for 2L+ kms.
Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?-whatsapp-image-20191207-15.55.09.jpeg

His running is high as he has to see the entire Haryana region for his work and some parts of Jammu. The Venue has done some 10,000 odd kms and had gone for its scheduled service.

These are the charges which Malwa Hyundai asked.

Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?-whatsapp-image-20200919-10.35.41.jpeg

This is what was paid after asking them to drop the charges, but what is service pro?

Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?-whatsapp-image-20200919-16.22.59.jpeg

Hyundai's response.

Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?-hyundai.jpg

My question is, on Hyundai's letter head / bill, can a dealer blatantly ask for charges and the 2nd largest car maker just sits on it quietly? Why so?

This is one estimate which I have saved on my PC and at least this M&M dealer didn't ask for these charges on a proper bill.

Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?-whatsapp-image-20161019-09.16.44.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2020 at 21:22. Reason: As requested
Sheel is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 06:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Dealers Section. Thanks for sharing!

The dealer is fleecing your brother-in-law. Service Pro is a completely unnecessary add-on charge where they do some rubbish, unnecessary cleaning & lubricating.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 13:29   #3
BHPian

Quite unsurprising to see dealers resorting to such filthy tactics. My neighbour's WR-V petrol was due for its fourth paid service last week, when the SA gave an estimate of Rs 11,000 over the phone. This excluded the labour charges for the paid service for which my neighbour handed over the coupon that he bought at the time of purchasing the car and to be redeemed during servicing.

The estimate included unnecessary tasks - injector cleaning and suspension lubrication - on a 16,000km-run 1.2 iVTEC. I needed to interject and after giving a mouthful to the SA at Cherish Honda, Delhi, the final bill came out to be Rs 3,700.

Not everybody knows much beyond the basic functioning of a car, and that's where these guys end up taking advantage.
forester is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 13:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The Venue has done some 10,000 odd kms and had gone for its scheduled service.
Engine oil flush on a 10,000kms run, brand new car, that too which has run mostly on highways. Now I’ve seen it all.

TBHP needs to have a sort of guidance/checklist for car servicing for various manufacturers, like the PDI/used car checklist for novice/not technically inclined individuals, so that they don’t get ripped off by these shameless service centres.

I can’t imagine the amount of unsuspecting owners who get taken for a ride with such tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester View Post
Quite unsurprising to see dealers resorting to such filthy tactics.

Not everybody knows much beyond the basic functioning of a car, and that's where these guys end up taking advantage.
In future, use this tool as a guide for the fixed service costs for servicing Honda vehicles. The only additions allowed should be wear & tear part replacement which are JUSTIFIED.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...tofmaintenance

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 3rd October 2020 at 13:47.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 16:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
The Venue has done some 10,000 odd kms and had gone for its scheduled service.
As per the "official" Hyundai car service calculator (https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ice-calculator), Venue, 1.4 Diesel for 10K periodic service should cost a grand total of 1805 (with zero labour) in Sonepat.
Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?-hyundai-service-calculator.png

Considering you have things in black and white from the dealer, you might want to take this up with Hyundai India
RedTerrano is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 17:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
As per the "official" Hyundai car service calculator (https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ice-calculator), Venue, 1.4 Diesel for 10K periodic service should cost a grand total of 1805 (with zero labour) in Sonepat.

Considering you have things in black and white from the dealer, you might want to take this up with Hyundai India
They have convinced him to pour some synthetic grade of engine oil that is 3x the cost of semi synthetic oil (and perhaps 1.5x of what it'd cost to buy that same synthetic oil from the open market, after dealer profits are added on).

Other than that the remaining charges look fair, after engine flush, valve cleaning etc nonsense are struck off the final bill.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 17:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I would be surprised if Hyundai comes back with any pro consumer resolution in this case. Knowing their past track record, they will redirect the call back to the dealer and the consumer will have to deal with the same bunch of morons who conned in the first place.
sagarpadaki is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 23:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings BHPians!

My question is, on Hyundai's letter head / bill, can a dealer blatantly ask for charges and the 2nd largest car maker just sits on it quietly? Why so?

Attachment 2061969
I know now that I am not the only customer Hyundai cold shoulders (Makes me somewhat relieved to know this). It is a shame on Hyundai that it does not care about its customers. I am also facing the same issue. Question is what should one do if he or she faces problems with a dealer, given that the customer care is actually customer neglect?
ashlil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 02:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
They have convinced him to pour some synthetic grade of engine oil that is 3x the cost of semi synthetic oil
That lone change itself translates to some 50% of his total service bill. The company recommended mineral oil may have cost ₹1500 or so for Venue which means the bill was inflated roughly by 35% by pushing/misleading him to synthetic oil. If the customer had insisted, it's not an issue, which is highly unlikely in this case.

The instances of such rip-offs have certainly gone high post covid. The compulsion to buy insurance from dealers can also be seen in the same light(a hot thread is there on it). Liquidity crunch must be driving such dealers to resort to these unethical ways. My friend was sharing an instance of a bill of ₹42,000 for his colleague's XUV500 that had gone for a routine scheduled service. I shall try and get details to see if the bill was justifiable.

High time manufacturers step in and devise ways to protect the interests of dealers and customers alike. They can't just be mute spectators in this ugly show.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 4th October 2020 at 02:21.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 08:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
That lone change itself translates to some 50% of his total service bill. The company recommended mineral oil may have cost ₹1500 or so for Venue which means the bill was inflated roughly by 35% by pushing/misleading him to synthetic oil. If the customer had insisted, it's not an issue, which is highly unlikely in this case..
That is not even mineral - 5w30 is at worst a semi synthetic grade. Also if buying expensive synthetic oils it is our right to pick and choose, not pour whatever random oil the dealer happens to be getting a fat commission on.
hserus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 18:18   #11
BHPian

This is something that every customer needs to do before giving your car for service. Just open your service book and do things recommended as per km/months the car is driven. It is clearly given what needs to be changed. Nothing else should be done beyond that. This is clearly a con job. If they can rip off a customer on a 10,000 km free service and when the car is under warranty, I shudder to think what they must be doing for 70,000 km paid service for a car out of warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post

TBHP needs to have a sort of guidance/checklist for car servicing for various manufacturers, like the PDI/used car checklist for novice/not technically inclined individuals, so that they don’t get ripped off by these shameless service centres.
The checklist is provided in the service book provided with the car. Customers just need to read it and ask Service Advisor to do what's required as per check list and nothing else. If Service Advisor bluffs saying that it's recommended by company and warranty would lapse if not done, just tell him to send a mail from their official email Id mentioning the same. You would see them developing cold feet.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th October 2020 at 01:10. Reason: Posts merged.
fazayal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 09:32   #12
BHPian

This is blatant daylight fraud by the dealer. My jazz idtec costed less than Rs 5000.00 for 90k service and a brand new venue at 10k service costing 17k is preposterous.
apache_aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 10:23   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache_aayush View Post
This is blatant daylight fraud by the dealer. My jazz idtec costed less than Rs 5000.00 for 90k service and a brand new venue at 10k service costing 17k is preposterous.
Am I missing something somewhere? I don't think 17K is the estimate for the Venue. That seems to be a reference estimate given elsewhere by some M&M service station for a different vehicle. The OP is showing it as a comparison that at least M&M dealer didn't give it on an official company stamped letterhead/quote form.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 10:28   #14
BHPian

Hyundai has been bugging me by calling me almost everyday, about my car being due for service. Inspite of me telling them not to call me, and that I will call them and fix an appointment. They just don't get it.

They seem desperate, and I am sure they have an exact "fleecing checklist" ready for the unsuspecting customer. Doesn't inspire confidence to give my car for servicing at all. Especially with the economy just opening up after lockdowns, no telling what corners they're going to cut (with regards to parts/labour) to meet their targets.

So I'm not surprised by the original post at all.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 10:50   #15

This is a common practice at any Kun Hyundai, Hyderabad. Every time I take my 9 year old i10 there they insist on engine cleaning/decarbonisation, brake overhaul, synthetic engine oil instead of regular one.

Every 6 months the charges for servicing would easily cost more than 10k. I have to argue and get rid of all this nonsense from the service. I was not aware of these things initially but later found out how they have been cheating me.

They even insist that Hyundai has changed the service schedule of all cars to 1 year to sell synthetic engine oil but fail to produce any documents to prove it.

When you observe with a keen eye near the counter while paying the bill you can easily notice these items on almost all the invoices they have. Most people are not aware and they are taking full advantage of it. It is one of the reasons why I stay away from Hyundai.
karthikg87 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks